PDA

View Full Version : Daily thread/Easter Sunday.

borderdawn
08-04-2007, 05:32 AM
Happy Easter everybody.

I have been a bit busy the last couple of days, I received some very bad news on Tuesday, my sister in law died, she was just 54, that coupled with the arrival of "Orey" yesterday has seen me look here but not post, I have been keeping up with you all though.

Firstly, everyones pics are super, I ALWAYS look at those even if I dont comment, Fran/Tom, Mildred is a star! Moose has some serious competition there! :-D

Elaine, your lounge looks fab!

Tigs, Shadow and Tiggy are lovely, I have a soft spot for gingers.

Donna, great to see your pair again.

Once again, I have enjoyed everybody's :) pics.

Im sure the weather will be nice here later, its pitch black at the mo, so no clues yet. All have a lovely Easter day and dont eat too much choccy!!
Dawn.

Fran
08-04-2007, 08:11 AM
Morning Dawn, I am so sorry to read about your SIL :( what a tragic loss at such a young age :( Thinking about you at this difficult time x Glad Orey is home with you now, bet he is keeping you busy :-D

Morning all, lovely sunny day here again :cool: Got the horses to do shortly then it will be back to helping hubby with the kitchen.

Hope you all have a lovely Easter and that the Easter Bunny has left you all lots of lovely eggs :D

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Egreeting3.gif

Donna
08-04-2007, 09:01 AM
Morning all

Sorry to hear about your sister in law, Dawn.

Lovely sunny day again. The washing is already on to get out on the line! Got the usual cleaning and maybe a trip to the shops as Emma wants to spend some of her birthday money (its eating a hole in her pocket!!).

Have a good day all.

Fran
08-04-2007, 09:15 AM
Morning Donna! Have you got shops open?? There is nothing open round us at all not even the big shopping centre, Meadowhall. We need a couple of bits from B&Q and even that isn't open :shock: Enjoy spending money!

borderdawn
08-04-2007, 09:42 AM
No shops open here, not anywhere.

Donna
08-04-2007, 10:21 AM
Hmmmm, forgot about the Easter thing. Maybe they will be shut!! Daughter wont be happy!!!

Will go tomorrow instead - will spend more time in garden in the lovely sunshine then!!

EmmaG
08-04-2007, 10:34 AM
Morning all, sorry to hear about your Sister in Law Dawn, such a tragic loss :(

Well got my parents popping over at lunch time, as dad hasn't seen the finished bathroom yet :) and we are going to pop to the local pub for lunch :)

Have a good day everybody

dinahsmum
08-04-2007, 11:01 AM
Dawn - what terrible news for you. I'll be thinking of all involved.

What a beautiful day - have been cleaning up the barbie. We never did barbie yesterday as it clouded over a bit in the afternoon. So, 2006 dust needs removing!
We had a light frost last night - the bird bath was frozen! However, it's making up for it now - scorching already. Lots of factor 50 required, plus white wine and tasty nibbles!
Hope everyone has a lovely day and manages to cope without the shops. lol

Animagus
08-04-2007, 11:25 AM
Sorry to here about your Sister in Law Dawn. thinking of you.

Well its busy busy busy here at the Hotel everyone and their dog enjoying all the Easter activities..

Can't wait for it to all be over lol off Tomorrow so am gonna lay the new carpet before the new suite arrives on Thursday.

It was a bit chilly here this morning, don't know how it is now though.

Wishing everyone a great day xxxx

Jac
08-04-2007, 12:46 PM
Dawn so sorry to hear about your sister in Law. It's not an easy time for all involved. Will be in my thoughts.

Well the sun has gone:? Was going to go to the beach today. Looks like rain now.

Ceilidh has money that is also burning a hole in her pocket:lol: . I think we'll just go to Asda.

Nothing planned at all today. OH working and Mum is going to the Grinch's family for lunch so it's just Ceilidh and lil old me.

I'm sure we will find something to do. Other than that I'll be around.
Have a good one everyone.

borderdawn
08-04-2007, 02:50 PM
Thanks all. It was such an awful shock, we didnt know she was ill, we only saw them at Xmas and she said how well she felt. She had a blood test as she is diabetic and there were abnormailities, so they did other tests and within a few days said she had bile duct cancer, its very rare and accounts for less than 1% of cancers, they could do nothing to help her and she died within 12wks or so. I feel so sorry for my brother who has never been a day without her in 33yrs.

Thanks for listening.
Dawn.

Erin
08-04-2007, 03:39 PM
afternoon all,im so sorry to hear about your sil dawn will be thinking of you all :(.

its a gorgeous day here but have only just woke up after work so have missed most of it!
working again tonight too.

Happy easter and hope you are all having a lovely day :)

dandysmom
08-04-2007, 04:35 PM
Hi, all! Dawn, very sorry to hear about your SIL. Cold Easter here: 33F right now, cloudy and windy; high only predicted to be 40F...colder than Christmas which made 50F! Weird weather! Shops and stores here are open as usual...looking for the almighty dollar....:roll: Hope everyone had a nice Easter!

Mags
08-04-2007, 07:06 PM
Dawn, I'm so sorry to hear about your sister in law, such a young age too :(

It's been a beautiful day here, my daughter and her family left about an hour ago so now I can relax!! :lol: It was nice having them all here though and the children are always so polite, bless them:D

Just heard that our lovely weather is with us til the end of the week!! Woohoo!!

dandysmom
08-04-2007, 07:59 PM
I'll gladly swap weather with you, Mags............:-D

Mags
08-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I'll gladly swap weather with you, Mags............:-D
Sending sunshine your way Eileen!;)

dandysmom
08-04-2007, 08:59 PM
:-D Sun we've got......temperatures higher than the 40s we don't!

Sweet
08-04-2007, 10:31 PM
Oh Dawn I am sorry about your SIL ((((((hugs)))))) x