PDA

View Full Version : Cat rescue moral dilema

tilly
04-04-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi
I am wondering what to do as my friend has sort of been adopted by the sweetest cutest tabby kitten (I think it is 6/7 month) She thought it was a stray but it lives with the people down her road who people have seen kicking her and abusing her:cry: . The owner are a nasty piece of work and the lady who saw them kicking the kitten has called the RSPCA but they won't do anything. So my friend and I are trying to find her a new home and we are planning on effectively cat knapping her (yes I know that is wrong hence the dilema) and putting her in a new home without the old owner knowing. She is skinny was starving hungry so my friend gave her some food which she scoffed so I don't think the owner are feeding her propperly if at all and they shut her out all day and all night. She is usually very thirsty when she come in to my friends house so I don't think she has access to water either and as she is coming up to the age where she can have kitten both me and my friend are worried that she will get pregnant as she has been in the area for a few month and we don't think she is spade.

She has been called suzie by my friend and has stayed with them most nights and the owner never comes looking for her so I don't think they would notice or care if she disappered.

So my question is what would you do and do you know any one who want a young ish kitten I will take some photos when I go for dinner. Any help is welcome.

My friend would keep her but she would be in a lot of trouble if the people who own her ever saw the cat with her. As the people there were very nasty to her. ASll the residents are trying to evict these people as they are nasty to everyone in the road.

Sally

EmmaG
04-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Well if it was me Sally I would take the kitten, perhaps - if I had to, I would take it to a local vets and see if she is microchipped (if she wasn't) I would drive as far away from that place as I possibly could and take her to an RSPCA centre or Cat Protection, if I couldn't find a home with a trusted owner.

People like that don't deserve to have pets, as far as I am concerned they also have no rights over them either.

Oh and I would also do to them what they did to the cat!!! bl**dy people!

Sweet
04-04-2007, 07:20 PM
:( poor thing, I would try and find it a new home x

kado
04-04-2007, 10:00 PM
I am with you all the way sally

dandysmom
04-04-2007, 10:09 PM
I agree completely....that's one instance where catnapping is completely justified IMO !! Poor little thing...get her to a good loving home!! Keep us posted, please ......

tilly
04-04-2007, 11:16 PM
I have offically fallen in love and I am trying to see if I can take suzie. I have attached some pictures I took of her. Fromthe look of her I would say she is a bengal cross as she seems to be slightly rossted and have spots on her tummy.
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/tilly0_5/Image055.jpg
http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y182/tilly0_5/Image054.jpg
the last photo was taken mid yawn:-D

How could anyone kick anything that pretty.

Sally

Mags
04-04-2007, 11:19 PM
She looks a lovely girl Sally, I hope you can keep her.....

Fran
04-04-2007, 11:20 PM
She is certainly a very pretty girl and I do so hope that there is a very happy ending for this lovely lady. Please keep us posted sally...

tilly
04-04-2007, 11:24 PM
What ever happen she isn't staying with the current owner she will either go to wales with my friend parents or come to me.

Sally

Emm
04-04-2007, 11:26 PM
awh she is a beauty.
it is a bit of a moral dilema - but only one you can make it. I know if it were me I would be tempted to get the cat to a good home. I can't believe the RSPCA won't get in involved - isn't that supposed to be part of their job - investigating animal neglect?

what I will never understand is why do these types of people even bother getting an animal - I mean if you couldn't care less for them why have them

dandysmom
04-04-2007, 11:42 PM
That's a beautiful cat.....makes me wince to think of someone kicking her, and not feeding her properly ! Rescue her!!

dinahsmum
05-04-2007, 08:59 AM
She is a beauty.

I would have no moral issues about taking her away from an abusive environment and putting her in a safe forever home.
Only trouble is that the b@**@*** will probably get a replacement - they might even be happy to have another cute kitten! :?
Maybe the new Animal Welfare Act will prove of some use in cases like this - the animal doesn't actually need to be hurt or in a really bad way before it can be seized - however the welfare authorities (RSPCA and police) would have to develop a little more spine than they have shown up to now.

Hreow
05-04-2007, 09:12 AM
I'd worry more about your morals if you let them abuse her when you can do something. :-)

I don't see how you could kick any animal (people on the other hand...), but I suppose it's an "easy" vent if you're too f:d up to deal with your problems in the normal and effective way. Shame there isn't any good legal punishment for being pointlessly unpleasant.

Rosie
05-04-2007, 10:11 AM
In the case of this poor little darling I would have no hesitation in spiriting her away - they don't deserve her.

Animagus
05-04-2007, 11:17 AM
I am in Agreement with everybody else.... the poor wee mite needs rescuing .... good luck Sally we are all with you on this one xxxx

charliebubs
05-04-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm with you too Sally. I wouldn't have a problem taking her if she is being treated that badly where she is. Just check that she's not chipped first!!

I don't understand how people can treat animals like that. Just look at her little face.........she's a beauty.

Good luck with whatever you decide. Keep us posted. :)

CathyW
05-04-2007, 04:10 PM
shes lovely looking,

random
05-04-2007, 04:37 PM
Oh the poor little gem. :( She's so pretty and sweet aswell. :(

The human race is just plain evil sometimes. :evil:

I agree with everyone else and would have no second thoughts about taking her in and finding a new home for her well away from such evil people. :evil:

Why get a cat just to miss-treat the poor wee mite? :? :(

tilly
05-04-2007, 05:58 PM
I have decided that I don't hav the room here at the moent to take another cat. I am looking to move but it won't be for a few onth and I don't think Suzie can wait that long as she could get pregnant before the so it is a ASAP rescue. But I think friend parent are going to take her and relocate her to wales. If is doens't work in wale then she can come to live with me when I get my new home.

I will keep you all posted

Sally

Hreow
05-04-2007, 06:14 PM
That sounds like a good plan. Good to hear that there are people who care that much about poor Suzie. <hug>

dandysmom
05-04-2007, 08:02 PM
Hope it works out well for all; and bless you for doing something to rescue this poor lovely girl !! (((hugs)))

tilly
12-04-2007, 03:09 PM
My friend have found her a new home and she will off there very soon to live as an only cat with a lady whoc lost her last cat to Kidney failure so it is a happy ending for Suzie.

Sally

charliebubs
12-04-2007, 03:32 PM
That's great news Sally. Well done. :)

dandysmom
12-04-2007, 04:06 PM
Very well done, Sally! :smt038

alexgirl73
12-04-2007, 04:34 PM
Only just came across this Sally! Well done you and your friend! So glad that this has a happy ending, and I'd have done the same as you!

Jac
12-04-2007, 08:49 PM
Well done. I'm so pleased for her and her new mum.

Fran
12-04-2007, 08:52 PM
Brilliant news!!! :cool:

Mags
12-04-2007, 09:12 PM
Brilliant news.....well done Sally!

Elaine
12-04-2007, 09:23 PM
Oh well done Sally, I like happy endings. Good luck in your new home Suzie xxx.
The saddest thing is though that horrid neighbor will probably get another kitty. I seriously hope not.