PDA

View Full Version : Awful News

Molly's Mum
02-04-2007, 02:22 PM
Molly today was shaved. She has problems with us grooming her and she will bite and scratch so we made the decision to take her to the vet were apparantly they started to comb it through but when they got the back end she hissed and bite so the decison was taken to go back to square 1 and clip it off. Molly was very good and brave and normally they have to sedate them but no, Molly was exceptional ;)

I wasen't there but before in the past we've joked saying "she's bald" well this time I opened the basket and she shot out but I was crying, she looked so different but I now know it was for the best and she's much cooler now aswell :). Her tail is very sensitive and the fur has been shaved a bit at the bottom and it seems to be irratating her what can I do to help please?

I will get a picture on here later,
Thanks, Haz.

Jac
02-04-2007, 02:25 PM
Aww what a shame. The Vet must have thought it was for the best though. You'll get used to it and hair does grow! ((((((((())))))) hugs.

Moli
02-04-2007, 02:45 PM
Poor Molly, but she will be more comfortable getting rid of the matts, the fur will soon grow, she is probably still recovering from the visit to the vets....

Mags
02-04-2007, 02:54 PM
Poor Molly, I'm sure she is feeling much better without the matts ......... and you will be able to keep it under control once it starts growing back......

Fran
02-04-2007, 02:56 PM
I am sure she must be feeling so much better with the hair off :)

charliebubs
02-04-2007, 03:28 PM
That is a shame, but I'm sure she feels much better now..........although maybe a little chilly!! Perhaps Mags could get knitting again!!! lol :)

Mags
02-04-2007, 05:20 PM
That is a shame, but I'm sure she feels much better now..........although maybe a little chilly!! Perhaps Mags could get knitting again!!! lol :)

I would willingly knit Molly a jumper if her mum wants one;)

Molly's Mum
02-04-2007, 06:04 PM
Thank You for your kind comments. Thank You very much for your very kind offer Mags but I think her fur will grow back pretty quickly like it did when she was spade and I wouldn't want you to go to all that trouble.

Mags
02-04-2007, 06:06 PM
Thank You for your kind comments. Thank You very much for your very kind offer Mags but I think her fur will grow back pretty quickly like it did when she was spade and I wouldn't want you to go to all that trouble.
No trouble MM, just let me know if you change your mind ;)

Molly's Mum
02-04-2007, 07:29 PM
Here are some Photos.

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/x-hazz-x/Molly/SNV30849.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/x-hazz-x/Molly/SNV30846-1.jpg

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n66/x-hazz-x/Molly/SNV30848-1.jpg

Erin
02-04-2007, 07:33 PM
awww bless her,im sure it will grow back in no time :)

dandysmom
02-04-2007, 08:42 PM
Poor Mollie, but it will grow back sooner than you think, and she must feel so much better without the mats! A friend had a Persian who was impossible to groom at home, and the vet had to shave Sheba too...she did look funny, but it was regrown pretty quickly!

Molly's Mum
02-04-2007, 09:08 PM
Thanks Everyone for you kind comments, it means alot :D

Mags
02-04-2007, 09:34 PM
Aww bless her, I'm sure it will grow back soon for her.....:D

Sweet
03-04-2007, 08:58 AM
Awww bless her, I must of missed this thread over the last few days, ((((((hugs)))))), I am sure it will grow very quickly x

Kim
03-04-2007, 11:40 AM
Ah, I am sure she feels more comfortable and the fur will grow back quickly.

Kay
06-04-2007, 09:50 PM
We had to have this done to a Persian we had bought. The previous owners had not groomed her regularly and she was a very dominant cat hissing and biting. We had her completely shaved down and I started grooming her as I would a kitten, gently everyday. She never really enjoyed it but she would let me groom her with no arguement. Her hair grow back really quickly. If I were you I would start grooming Molly gently now. As for the tail aggravating her bathe it with a little warmm water and bicarbonate of soda to see if it will sooth it.

Animagus
07-04-2007, 08:44 AM
awww blesss what a wee shame poor Mollie. Hope it grows back soon xxx

ambermoonbeam
30-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Ah poor little Molly, it will grow back soon. It was the best thing to do. We had to have my Mum's cat (Trixie) shaved - her belly back end and back legs, she had a lovely curly haired belly but like Molly she wasn't good at grooming. So the poor thing looked fine when she was sat down the long fur covered it but when she walked away she looked like she had a pair of ugg boots on and a little moustache under her bum! I couldn't help but chuckle poor thing!

dandysmom
30-05-2007, 08:47 PM
How's Molly's coat now...has it mostly grown back? Pics?