PDA

View Full Version : stupid idiot daughter of mine

CathyW
31-03-2007, 05:50 PM
has decided to get a kitten, for her out of control 3 year old son, i know what hes like with my 2 chases them, they are old enough to vanish some where safe. but a tiny kitten, its got no chance, ill be trying my upmost to get her to change her mind, i know what happened last time, we ended up taking the kitten (was monty) mind u the fact she lives near a busy road will help.she wont want to do litter trays all the time,
god help that poor kitten i feel so sorry for it, and its not even here yet,

Hreow
31-03-2007, 07:22 PM
That must be very tough for you. It's bad enough when it's a stranger, worse when it's your daughter. <hug> Keep up the good work and feel free to rave and curse here. :-)

CathyW
31-03-2007, 08:19 PM
That must be very tough for you. It's bad enough when it's a stranger, worse when it's your daughter. <hug> Keep up the good work and feel free to rave and curse here. :-)it must seem to others that im being harse but i know my daughter and the kitten (if it survives being a play thing for my grandson) will be a 5 minute wonder, and when she realises she cant clear off for week long trips away.the novelty will wear off, she said to me if it dont work she will re-home it, then joked n said my grandson. she is just one of the most irrisponasble ppl i know.

dandysmom
31-03-2007, 09:36 PM
What a difficult situation for you! I do hope you can talk her out of it; that would be H**l on earth for a kitten!!!!! :cry:

Fran
31-03-2007, 09:42 PM
Good luck with this BM :?

dandysmom
31-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Do let us know what happens....:cry:

CathyW
01-04-2007, 08:56 AM
im seeing her tuesday so ill be working on her then, and the girl whos giving her the kitten, one of them who cant be bothered to get her cat done, and thats another thing she wouldnt bother getting the kitten done when its old enough, i cann see it now in about a months time ill get a call, "do u want this bloody cat" and we will be out the area now, so all i could do is advise her.
shes a real peice of hard word. (such a long story)

John
01-04-2007, 10:53 AM
I thought there was something in the new animal welfare bill thats come into effect that says if you have a pet you have to look after it properly or there is s heavy fine..it also says you cannot give pets to small children
can you try something like this on her
john

Mags
01-04-2007, 11:09 AM
I hope you can dissuade your daughter from getting this kitten BM, I can understand how difficult it must be for you:(

dinahsmum
01-04-2007, 11:35 AM
Good luck Cathy - hope you come out on top here.
Could you play the 'guilt' card? "Don't do it - I will be stressed, Charlie will be stressed and one of us will be ill. You don't want to see us in hospital because of this do you?"

sarahd
01-04-2007, 12:47 PM
Good luck BM it must be so hard for you.
With a bit of luck someone either your daughter or this girl who is giving her the kitten will take some notice of you eventually but try not to get too stressed out over it you are doing all you can to try and prevent this from happening.

Sarah

CathyW
03-04-2007, 08:25 AM
well im seeing her today, and ill lay the *hey this is gonna cost u loads speech* 1 she will need a carry case for her (its a girl btw)
2 litter trays to empty. and keep out of grandsons way. 3 she cant let her out, so no opening the windowns during the summer. and yes cats climb.
4 ive already said she will have to get her spayed, and that will cost.
ill go for the cost as shes always short of money. but i doubt if she will listen, shes the sort of person if u say no u cant or i wouldnt advise it, she will do just what she wants :evil: (always was hard work)
wish me good luck think im gonna need it.

Sweet
03-04-2007, 08:35 AM
((((((hugs)))))) and Good Luck for today x

CathyW
03-04-2007, 05:07 PM
well the good news is shes changed her mind. so many ppl had a go at her about how stupid it would be she actully listened and said to me shes not getting her now, (thank goodness :) )

Donna
03-04-2007, 05:09 PM
Good news!!!! Hooray!!

yola
03-04-2007, 05:10 PM
Excellent new Cathy! Now all you have to do is relax and think about the move (yeah right - as if anything in life were relaxing :roll: )

Mags
03-04-2007, 05:43 PM
Good news Cathy.... one less worry for you;)

Fran
03-04-2007, 06:54 PM
Good news BM, like Mags says one less worry for you ;)

dandysmom
03-04-2007, 09:15 PM
Whew!1! I'm so relieved; been thinking about a poor little kitten in that situation... glad you finally got thru to her!!

CathyW
04-04-2007, 08:43 AM
dont mind ive now come down with a stinking cold!!!!!!!!!!!!!! just hope i dont pass it onto charlie, havnt bee able to kiss or cuddle him for a couple of days :(

charliebubs
04-04-2007, 10:20 AM
Well done BM - that's great news that she has changed her mind. What a relief!!

Go and wrap up warm now and take care of yourself - lots of Lemsip!! Take care. :)

Tom_J
04-04-2007, 10:35 AM
well done to make her change her mind

dinahsmum
04-04-2007, 10:42 AM
Really good news Cathy - well done to you and everyone else who worked on this!

Jac
04-04-2007, 11:11 AM
That's good news. So glad things worked out in the end.

Kim
04-04-2007, 11:53 AM
Relieved you managed to change her mind.