PDA

View Full Version : Oh dear

Elaine
30-03-2007, 05:29 PM
I realise most of you are not in my area but thought I'd post this anyway.
Had two phone calls over the last two days.
First call, person looking for a new home for a 6 month old, un-neutered, male boarder collie. Apparently well trained and very good around other animals.
Reason for rehoming, young daughter pregnant and has moved back in to parental home. They realise thats not a good reason but beleive the dog is young enough to adapt and they fear they wont have enough time for the dog once baby arrives.
Second call, Harley, spayed and fully vaccinated, Grey and White moggy, girl lives in coucil flat and cat has apparently attacked the postman twice through the letter box. Council have told her to get rid. Harley is currently living with the girls mother which would have been the idea solution but Harley has big designs on her mothers budgies.
Hoping somebody somewhere can help with these.

alexgirl73
30-03-2007, 05:30 PM
aw, what a shame for them both. Hope they get somewhere soon!

Erin
30-03-2007, 05:32 PM
poor things,hope they get somehere good as soon as poss

Elaine
30-03-2007, 06:45 PM
Update on Boarder collie.
It is on its way back to the breeder as we speak. Liz if you decide you are interested they are calling me back with the breaders number.

dinahsmum
31-03-2007, 11:08 AM
Would a 'cage' on the back of the door (for the mail to drop into) not prevent feline attacks on the postie? Plus an abject apology to the postman and assurances to the landlord.

Elaine
31-03-2007, 08:27 PM
I would agree and am trying to talk with the girl about all the possibilities and safe guards she could make. Fingers crossed xxx

Animagus
01-04-2007, 04:12 PM
It's wrong to make her get rid of her pet before her being able to sort out a more suitable solution.... she needs to be strong and stand up to them...they usually back down when they are approached with a more reasonable solution.

Rosie
02-04-2007, 10:27 AM
All sounds a bit odd to me. Does the cat sit in wait for the postman and why does he put his fingers through the letterbox? and as you say why not put a letter guard up. What kind of postman reports a "cat attack"!

smithdouglaswood
02-04-2007, 04:47 PM
I had to go back and read again about the cat attacking the postman?!! What a wimp of a postie - he shouldn't have been putting his fingers in the letterbox - mine never does as the mail always just sits in the letterbox and that's without something sitting at the back of it waiting to attack!!

Have you managed to get anything sorted for it Elaine?

Hreow
02-04-2007, 06:21 PM
Possibly the cat "fished" for the postman through the mail-slot. But after the first time, he really shouldn't have had any problems keeping his fingers out of harms way.

Elaine
02-04-2007, 07:35 PM
I dont know whats happening tbh, I havent been able to get her on the phone. I was helping this girl a short time ago as the cat had also attacked her, pretty badly too. That all seemed to calm down and then the cat attacked some one, presumably the postie, through the letter box, who had put in a complaint and she was told to get rid. I thought at this point that it sounded like some was tormenting the cat via the letter box, then it happened again, and she was told to get rid. She took the cat to her mothers and as far as I know its still there.
I cannt help if I cannt get hold of her, and she only calls when things look desperate.