PDA

View Full Version : why did he do it?

Erin
28-03-2007, 04:06 PM
hey everyone,
we had friends round last night for a few drinks and they ended up staying the night so they slept in our room and jerry slept with me down stairs on the sofa,he seemed ok with this,he went upstair a few times and sat outside our bedroom door but settled with me eventually.
anyway this morning while my friends were getting ready to go to work jerry went into the bedroom and peed on the bed :shock: :oops: hes never done this before ever,do you think it was because he could smell them on the bed?

Hreow
28-03-2007, 04:29 PM
I bet that's exactly why he did it. They unsettled his routines and he wanted everything to be his again.

charliebubs
28-03-2007, 04:30 PM
I'm not sure JM, but it sounds like he was marking his scent on the bedding after strangers had been there!!

I'm sure that others will be able to offer better advice. :)

I have to say that I have only had one occasion where Kuta, one of my cats, peed on the bed. This was because I had workmen in replacing my bathroom and in their infinite wisdom they had turned the covered litter trays to such an angle that the cats couldn't get into them. :(

Once I discovered the pee and was starting to clear it up, one of the other cats came and jumped on the bed, smelt the pee, squatted and peed there himself too!!!!

Once it was all cleared up though they have never done it again. Thank goodness ;)

dandysmom
28-03-2007, 04:41 PM
I agree: he was annoyed at the routine being disturbed and wanted to mark the bed with his scent to show it belonged to him!

yola
28-03-2007, 05:20 PM
Do you friends have cats too by any chance? Because in addition to trying to mask their smell he could also be trying to get rid of any other cats' smell.

Poor Jerry :( I bet he was well confused. And poor you - more laundry :roll:

dinahsmum
28-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Agree with everyone else.
Make sure you use a bio-powder to get rid of the cat odour and if your duvet itself was marked and you're just swabbing rather than laundering, pop a drop of white vinegar into the water.

Fran
28-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Totally agree with everyone elses thoughts....

Erin
28-03-2007, 07:34 PM
thanks guys for your thoughts and yola yes they have 2 cats.

Animagus
01-04-2007, 02:15 PM
conmpletely agree with evryone else on the matter.... he was marking his territory