PDA

View Full Version : Ragdoll Rescue - cats needing homes...

charliebubs
27-03-2007, 08:01 PM
As some of you know I help out with the Ragdoll Rescue and Rehoming Group.

I have today been to see a lady who is surrendering her three cats due to her ill health. She's having to go into hospital and does not have anyone that can look after the cats for her.

I know this isn't an isolated case, but it's hit a nerve with me and thought I'd post on here about it.

She has three cats, two of which are very close and the third is a bit of a loner and doesn't really get on with the other two. We think we have a home for the sole cat, Misty, but the other two need a loving home together. They are Bailey and Widget. Bailey is a male pedigree raggie and Widget is a female b&w moggie.

Here are some pics of them that I took this afternoon. If you know anyone that could offer them a home, or any of the others on the Rescue website, then please contact either me or Dawn Davies, who runs the Rescue.

http://www.ragsrehome.co.uk/

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1519.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1518.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1521.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1524.jpg

Jac
27-03-2007, 08:03 PM
Aww they are so cute. I hope they get there forever homes. cuddles to them all. Please keep us posted.

Sweet
27-03-2007, 08:06 PM
Awwwwwwww they are gorgeous, I hope they can be found new loving homes, send them to Auntie Julie in Bristol ;) x

Fran
27-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I really hope that the perfect home can be found for them quickly Charlie. What a sad story :(

janey83
27-03-2007, 08:16 PM
Aww, they are gorge. I wish I could! I love Ragdoll cats.

Mags
27-03-2007, 08:37 PM
How sad that they have to be rehomed due to their owners illness :(

I do hope Bailey and Widget find a loving home together soon..... good luck to Misty also....

Liz
27-03-2007, 08:38 PM
Can we help at all - we have once rescue ragdoll - She is 5 next month and we are her fourth and last home she came to us with major issues she never used a litter tray in toa home at that point with 17 other cats, we got her sorted out after a year and she now has daylight access and loves to chase leaves and plays fetch like a dog.

We also have 36 moggies and 20 are ferals in various stages of nice to nasty. 16 domestics ranging from 21.5years young to 19 months.

We also have one doggie who is a jacj Russell but thinks she is a cat and she plays with the cats - she cahses them then they turntail and chase her back the only thing she has now learnt at 10 is that she can't climb trees!

Elaine can vouch for my family and location - we are up a single track with pot holes about a mile off a C road with 5 acres, woods on 2 sides and a stream on the other. We have 22 indoor/outdoor (this includes 8 ferals) and they are all in every night.

All are id chipped, neutered, injected and have Program injections twice yearly. Can provide vets refs and we bought our feral colony when we moved so thats part of the high numbers and all are indoor and using litter trays.

We would take both as another Raggie would be nice for Minmin and the black and white looks like our Moose who died in Jan 05

PM me if you want

charliebubs
27-03-2007, 09:16 PM
I'll PM you now Liz.... :)

dinahsmum
28-03-2007, 10:57 AM
Oo-oo, fingers crossed for a happy resolution here!

alexgirl73
28-03-2007, 10:59 AM
Let us know how it goes!

sarahd
29-03-2007, 10:07 PM
do we know whats happening with the raggie and his friend yet?

Sarah
x

charliebubs
30-03-2007, 12:41 PM
do we know whats happening with the raggie and his friend yet?

Sarah
x

I'm not sure Sarah.

The little girl, Misty, is going to her new home on Sunday. I'm collecting her from her present owner (with tissues at the ready) and driving her to my friend Dawn, who runs the Raggie Rescue, and the new owners are collecting from there.

As for Bailey and Widget, there has been some interest and home checks have been carried out. I should find out tonight what the definite decision is for them.

I'll let you all know.

Liz...........thank you so much for your interest and PM's. I think you got beaten to it, so to speak. Sorry!! but thank you. :D :D

charliebubs
06-04-2007, 01:34 PM
Good news for Bailey and Widget!!!!

They have a lovely new home together. :)
I went and collected them from their old owner on Wednesday and brought them back to my house, as their new owner couldn't take them until today. They spent the last two nights in my spare room, bless them, and this morning they have been collected.

A happy ending. Horrrrrray!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

Fran
06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
That really is excellent news Charlie!!! :D

Mags
06-04-2007, 01:56 PM
Excellent news Charlie! :D

Donna
06-04-2007, 07:15 PM
Well done - and hope all cats are happy in their new homes!

Liz
06-04-2007, 07:28 PM
So glad they have a happy ending and devoted new slaves who will love them to.

If we can ever be of service keep us in mind as we would love to add to the family and have 22 indoor/outdoor and 17 indoor, isolation area with 2 bedrooms and own bathrooms and time, space and a load of love. Also have the vets bills to prove this!

Elaine
06-04-2007, 08:31 PM
Excellent news Charlie xxx

Jac
07-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Aww so nice to hear a happy ending Charlie. Well done for all you have done for them. Good luck in your new homes Widget and Bailey.

Kay
07-04-2007, 09:38 AM
That is brilliant news, Charlie. So glad the three of them have got new homes. Well done to Raggie Rescue.

smudgley
07-04-2007, 10:59 AM
:) Great news Charlie. Well done.

Animagus
08-04-2007, 12:04 PM
Well done in finding the lovelies new homes xxxx