PDA

View Full Version : Grace's Show Brag

sarahd
24-03-2007, 10:20 PM
Well we had a really good day today at Preston & Blackpool Show.
Can I say how proud I am of my show baby Grace.
She won 1st place in her Open Class AC Colourpointed / Mitted (inc Red & Tabby series) Ragdoll Kitten Female. She was the only one in it but her judge Daphne Butters said she had no hesitation to give it to her as she was very worthy of it.
She came 2nd place in her side class AV SLH Kitten Resident Outside Lancs
3rd Place in side class AV SLH Kitten Under 6 Months Female
6th place in side class AC Ragdoll Kitten

I think she has done exceptionally well today and it is only her second time out on the show bench.

So I hope you will join me in saying Well Done Grace I am so proud of you baby girl xxxxxxxxxxx

Sarah
x

Fran
24-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Well done Sarah and Grace!!!! That's a excellent result :D

sarahd
24-03-2007, 10:25 PM
wuhoooooooooo thanks Fran.
I'm on a real high and soooooooooo proud.
I've got jaw ache with all the smiling i've done today lol

Sarah
x

dandysmom
24-03-2007, 10:27 PM
Very well done, Sarah and Grace' you must be really chuffed!! Any pics from the show?

sarahd
24-03-2007, 10:30 PM
http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/GraceDaphne.jpg

This is a pic taken of Grace and her judge Mrs Butters who gave her her 1st place in the open.

Sarah
x
ps its not a very good pic of Grace lol she looks a bit mad

dandysmom
24-03-2007, 10:34 PM
She does look rather grumpy in that shot, but bet you were grinning enough for two!! What a pretty girl Grace is!!

Mags
24-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Well done Grace and Sarah! :D

charliebubs
24-03-2007, 11:09 PM
Well done Grace and Sarah!!! :)

Did she get her CC too Sarah??

Fran
24-03-2007, 11:16 PM
Did she get her CC too Sarah??

She's only a kitten as yet Charlie :) but did she get her Best of Breed Sarah?

charliebubs
24-03-2007, 11:18 PM
She's only a kitten as yet Charlie :) but did she get her Best of Breed Sarah?

oh yes :oops: :oops: thanks for reminding me Fran!!! sorry Sarah!!!!

It's just that when Lily won first place in an Open Class that she was the only cat in, they withheld the CC as she hadn't had to compete against anyone :( :cry:

sarahd
24-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Hi Everyone
Thanks for your kind words.
No unfortunately she didnt get Best Of Breed as there were quite a few other ragdolls in the side classes. One good thing about Blackpool is two of the side classes were purely for ragdolls whereas the other shows have been AV semi long haired classes. She was up against some tough competition with the Raggies that were there in the side classes. One of them had almost another red card day bar one side class, he had had the same at Wigan too but a red card day.
Its hard when you are up against something thats almost 9 months and you are showing at the younger end of the spectrum. Its also hard when you are up against Maine coons and Norweigan Forests as Grace was as their coats, tails and ear furnishings tend to come in quicker than the raggies do for some reason. A 6 month old Maine coon can look a hell of a lot more mature than a raggie does. Then again I suppose they have to make the competition hard.
I think the CC's are only given after 9 months arent they? Not sure on that one I am very new to showing lol.

Fran
24-03-2007, 11:48 PM
Hi Sarah, yes you can't enter the adult classes and compete for your CC's until the cat is nine months old. The Best of Bred (BOB) is awarded only in the open classes, it's not awarded in side classes. I'm sure Kay will be better able to explain it all!

alexgirl73
24-03-2007, 11:52 PM
well done to you and Grace Sarah!

Hreow
25-03-2007, 10:52 AM
Well done and very promising for the adult Open for you! How is she taking to showing in general? Duck...water? :-)

Animagus
25-03-2007, 11:14 AM
Well Done Grace and Sarah xxxxxx

Sweet
25-03-2007, 08:15 PM
Well done the both of you, you must be a very proud Mummy x

borderdawn
25-03-2007, 08:19 PM
Well done Gracie, much deserved!
Dawn.

sarahd
25-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi
Yes Grace seems to be taking to the show scene very well.
Most of her judges that have judged her have commented on what a pleasure she is to handle etc.
She rolls around at vetting in and really loves the attention. After the judging she tends to curl up and go to sleep and everything else just passes her by lol

Sarah
x

Fran
25-03-2007, 09:10 PM
Sarah, I've worked out what happened with regards to the Best of breed. Both boys and girls are judged separately in the open classes but for BOB they are judged together. I had a look at the show results for the Raggies and Grace got 1st in the girls class and the raggie boy that got first in his open class was awarded the BOB. Hope you understand. Kay will be better able to explain when she comes on :)

Erin
25-03-2007, 09:10 PM
ive only just seen this thread,well done sarah and grace x

sarahd
25-03-2007, 09:43 PM
Thanks everyone
Thanks for that Fran. I knew that the boy raggie had got BOB. He has done really well last two shows but having said that he is a real bruiser.
I think once Grace grows and matures a little she will hold her own more but i am still proud of her success and have her rosettes hanging pride of place in my dining room on the curtain rail where everyone can see them as soon as they walk in

Sarah

yola
25-03-2007, 09:58 PM
Well done to you both Sarah!! I can't see a pic though . . . have you taken it down??

sarahd
26-03-2007, 07:59 AM
Hi Yola
No the pic is on page one post 5 and its still showing to me let me know if you still cant see it.

Thanks everyone

Sarah
x

Mags
26-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Hi Yola
No the pic is on page one post 5 and its still showing to me let me know if you still cant see it.

Thanks everyone

Sarah
x
Here's Sarah's pic again.......I hope it can be seen by those having difficulties now;)

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o303/leedslassie6/GraceDaphne.jpg

Kay
29-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Congratulations Sarah and of course Grace.

Fran explained the BOB brilliantly. It is awarded between the winner of the male open class and the winner of the female open class. The side classes are not counted in anyway towards the BOB.

Kobster
30-03-2007, 06:18 AM
congratulations! Grace is lovely!