PDA

View Full Version : US petfood recall..rat poison?

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 07:37 PM
Here's the latest news on the suspected cause, for those of you who are interested. Both of my girls are fine. http://www.wusa9.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=56918

Fran
23-03-2007, 07:44 PM
:shock:

I'm so glad your girls are fine Eileen, what a worry :(

Mags
23-03-2007, 07:49 PM
How worrying for people Eileen..........I'm so glad Leia and Onyx are clear :?

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Apparently there's going to be a huge class action lawsuit...understandable, if something happened to one of mine I'd want to sue them for every penny...we are a very litigious people here...:roll:

Erin
23-03-2007, 08:41 PM
im glad both your girls are fine eileen,i would have been besides myself with worry and yeah i would have sued for every penny if anything had happened to any of my babies!!!

charliebubs
23-03-2007, 09:53 PM
OMG - that's awful Eileen. What a worry for you over the pond. (I think that's the term!)

I'm so glad to hear that you and your girls are all well though.

Charlie
xx

Fran
23-03-2007, 09:59 PM
we are a very litigious people here...:roll:

We are getting the very same way over here Eileen :?

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 10:01 PM
Thanks, Charlie! Two of the recalled brands, Iams and Priority were ones that they'd eaten, but not, thank God, their primary food, which is Fancy Feast wet and Purina One and Chef's Blend dry. But Onyx was especially fond of the Priority pouches, so she had more than Leia. But both seem fine, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as the saying goes! Your friend "across the pond!" :-D

charliebubs
23-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Thanks, Charlie! Two of the recalled brands, Iams and Priority were ones that they'd eaten, but not, thank God, their primary food, which is Fancy Feast wet and Purina One and Chef's Blend dry. But Onyx was especially fond of the Priority pouches, so she had more than Leia. But both seem fine, bright-eyed and bushy-tailed as the saying goes! Your friend "across the pond!" :-D

LOL :-D

I'm so pleased they are well.

Fancy Feast sounds posh - we don't have that over here!!!! ;)

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 10:41 PM
Fancy Feast is a Purina brand; maybe you all have it under another name? Comes in 3 oz. tins in lots of lovely flavors...all of mine over the years have liked it. Not all that expensive, 55 cents a tin; although they do market it with a bit of snob appeal... they used to have a marvellous commercial with a snow white Persian with emerald eyes being served in a stemmed crystal goblet !!!!

charliebubs
23-03-2007, 10:45 PM
Fancy Feast is a Purina brand; maybe you all have it under another name? Comes in 3 oz. tins in lots of lovely flavors...all of mine over the years have liked it. Not all that expensive, 55 cents a tin; although they do market it with a bit of snob appeal... they used to have a marvellous commercial with a snow white Persian with emerald eyes being served in a stemmed crystal goblet !!!!

I've just looked at their website Eileen!! It's a great site and that Persian is on there. I'm sold on the food already, just by the website!!! :)

I don't think we do have it over here, but if anyone else knows for sure?!?!?!

http://fancyfeast.com/#title=home&page=home

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 10:58 PM
Thanks for posting that link: I'd never gone on it before! Clever, clever site! And that cat is a stunner, isn't she? As I said, all of mine have loved that food ...hope you can find it over there...:D

Elaine
23-03-2007, 11:15 PM
OMG thats terrible Eileen, so glad that Leia and Onyx are fine though.

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 11:37 PM
It gives you a horrible feeling to think that you might have been feeding your cats something with rat poison in it.....

Kay
24-03-2007, 11:24 AM
That is awful. So glad your two babies are fine. xx

sammy
24-03-2007, 06:12 PM
I've just looked at their website Eileen!! It's a great site and that Persian is on there. I'm sold on the food already, just by the website!!! :)

I don't think we do have it over here, but if anyone else knows for sure?!?!?!

http://fancyfeast.com/#title=home&page=home

I reckon it's sold as Gourmet over here, which is made by Purina, seems to have the same varieties, and the packaging is very similar. Also 'Gourmet' doesn't appear on the USA brand list.

Very glad to hear your cats are OK Eileen.

charliebubs
24-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I reckon it's sold as Gourmet over here, which is made by Purina, seems to have the same varieties, and the packaging is very similar. Also 'Gourmet' doesn't appear on the USA brand list.

Very glad to hear your cats are OK Eileen.

Ah-ha - good thinking Sammy!!!!! :D

dandysmom
24-03-2007, 08:05 PM
That was good thinking! Why not try a few tins if you can find it, Charlie...the chopped grill is a favorite, as are chicken hearts and liver, beef feast in gravy and chicken feast; Leia won't eat fish but those who did loved the ocean whitefish and cod, sole and shrimp! Let me know if you can find some and how yours like it!

sammy
24-03-2007, 08:36 PM
If it is Gourmet Eileen, it's pretty easy to find over here. Mine have it as an occasional treat and they love it! :D

alexgirl73
24-03-2007, 09:09 PM
So glad that both your girls are okay Eileen! How those poor owners whose pets have been affected feel I don't know!

dandysmom
24-03-2007, 09:38 PM
It's still all over the TV and newspapers; vets being interviewed, owners expressing sorrow and anger...I don't know how I'd cope myself if it had happened to me: a natural death, or being PTS because of incurable illness and pain is one thing...heartwrenching , but understandable....but to have been poisoned would be more than I could bear......:cry: