PDA

View Full Version : jerrys poorly :-(

Erin
22-03-2007, 12:16 PM
got up this morning to find that jerry had been sick throughout the night,the dogs were sick the other night too.
he seems ok and is going mad for food,but should i not feed him today?or just leave him untill later?

charliebubs
22-03-2007, 12:22 PM
Did he get any of your shandy last night??? Perhaps that could have upset him???

Cats are sometimes sick for no reason other than to help their digestion, so if it was just once and it just looks like regurgitated food, then I think it's okay. That's what I understand anyway.

I'd let him eat, but if he's sick again then perhaps take him to the vets for a check up. :)

Erin
22-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Did he get any of your shandy last night??? Perhaps that could have upset him???

Cats are sometimes sick for no reason other than to help their digestion, so if it was just once and it just looks like regurgitated food, then I think it's okay. That's what I understand anyway.

I'd let him eat, but if he's sick again then perhaps take him to the vets for a check up. :)

thanks,and no he didnt get any shandy,he tried very hard tho!!ill go and feed him now then and see how he goes,he will be pleased,hes been VERY vocal since i fed the dogs and not him.

LucySiamese
22-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Poor Jerry,

If my dogs or cat are ever sick i usually dont feed,i just make sure they have fresh water down, its always best to rest theire tummys if they have been sick.

Erin
22-03-2007, 12:36 PM
Poor Jerry,

If my dogs or cat are ever sick i usually dont feed,i just make sure they have fresh water down, its always best to rest theire tummys if they have been sick.

ohhh,well ive only given him about a quarter of a pouch so hopefully he will be able to keep it down.it didnt last 1 min on the plate and hes stil sat meowing at me

Fran
22-03-2007, 12:39 PM
If he has only been sick the once and it is undigested food then I'd say feed him a small amount and see what happens but if he has been sick several times then I would definitely starve him for at least a good 12 hours, possibly even longer. Make sure he has plenty of water as vomiting can quickly lead to dehydration. Do let us know how he is x

Erin
22-03-2007, 12:48 PM
thanks fran,it was only once,ill see how he gets on with that little bit ive just fed him.he has pleanty of water.hopefully he will be fine,my poor lil boy,hes seems ok in himself other than him being very vocal but i put that down to him not having his full feed.hes still thowing his weight around at the dogs lol.

yola
22-03-2007, 01:28 PM
I hope he's OK JM . . .

Elaine
22-03-2007, 01:28 PM
Poor Jerry, cannt add anything to whats already been said so i hope he feels better very soon xxx

Erin
22-03-2007, 01:30 PM
I hope he's OK JM . . .

thanks yola,hes kept that food down so so far so good :)

Mags
22-03-2007, 02:25 PM
I hope Jerry is alright JM........ it may have been caused by a bit of greediness on his part ;)

Erin
22-03-2007, 02:28 PM
I hope Jerry is alright JM........ it may have been caused by a bit of greediness on his part ;)

thanks mags,hes kept that bit of food down so i think hes ok,hes still sat here playing his face for more food,when ever i stand up to go into the kitchen it turns into a race!!!!
think i may give him a little more of the pouch to shut him up!!!!!!

Erin
22-03-2007, 04:19 PM
hey girls,
well he kept that bit of food down from this morning,will it be ok to give him the rest of the pouch or should i leave it a bit longer?

Kay
22-03-2007, 04:25 PM
If he has kept it down I would say it was fine to give him the other bit of the pouch. He probably pigged out and made himself sick mine do it fairly regularly, especially Cory. If he starts being sick again starve him for 24 hours and mix up some of the rehydration fluid that I put on another thread. Then just feed him some steamed white fish or chicken. Slowly re-introducing his normal food over a couple of days.

Erin
22-03-2007, 04:29 PM
If he has kept it down I would say it was fine to give him the other bit of the pouch. He probably pigged out and made himself sick mine do it fairly regularly, especially Cory. If he starts being sick again starve him for 24 hours and mix up some of the rehydration fluid that I put on another thread. Then just feed him some steamed white fish or chicken. Slowly re-introducing his normal food over a couple of days.

thanks for that kay :)

dandysmom
22-03-2007, 04:29 PM
Keep us posted about how he's doing, bless him!

Erin
22-03-2007, 04:30 PM
Keep us posted about how he's doing, bless him!

i will dm,i think he will feel much better once hes eaten,hes sulking up stairs at the moment and hes been ignoring me for the past 30 mins :cry:

charliebubs
22-03-2007, 04:41 PM
LOL :)

He must be feeling better if he's well enough to sulk!!! :)

Erin
22-03-2007, 05:26 PM
well that didnt touch the sides!!!!lol,he was climing up my legs while i was putting it in his dish lol

Fran
22-03-2007, 05:55 PM
Sounds like Jerry is on the mend Erin :-D

Sweet
22-03-2007, 11:33 PM
I hope he is ok tonight x

borderdawn
22-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Sounds good!! Hope he continues.
Dawn.

Erin
23-03-2007, 09:04 AM
im pleased to say that i there wasnt anything left for me to clean up when i got in from work this morning so hes all better.his breakfast didnt last long bless him.
thanks all for your kind comments,jerry says thanks too.
erin
xx

Mags
23-03-2007, 09:40 AM
Pleased to hear Jerry has recovered JM! :D

Fran
23-03-2007, 11:52 AM
Great news Erin :D

dandysmom
23-03-2007, 04:35 PM
Good news! Give him a hug from me! :D

Erin
23-03-2007, 04:38 PM
thankyou girls,ive given him a hug off all of you x

charliebubs
23-03-2007, 04:42 PM
Fab news Erin!! :)

Erin
23-03-2007, 04:46 PM
thanks charlie,ill give him a hug off you too x

Hreow
23-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Listless, vomiting cat - plan visit to vets.
Hungry, bouncy cat with plenty of energy after ditching one meal - feed lightly (a little fish/chicken to start with and repeat if it stays down for an hour or two) and no worry. Exactly what everyone else has just said. :grin: Hasn't failed me yet.
Your own gut reaction is the best guide, though. You know him. If you feel in your heart of hearts (not the bit where you worry about being a good "mum") that he really is off colour or not well - get in touch with your vet. If you feel "wait and see" then do just that. "Fine, but keep an eye on" - you're very likely to be spot on with that one as well.

Kay
24-03-2007, 11:26 AM
Glad Jerry is back to his normal self, Erin.