PDA

View Full Version : Why people hate cats.

Kobster
21-03-2007, 04:19 AM
Me. I'm a cat lover. I have three wonderful very special kitties that share my life and home. They are all three spayed, vaccinated and kept indoors. The only person my cats bother is me.

Now for the past three nights I have been kept up by a ranging female cat in call, and her cassanova boyfriends. She has chosen a territory in the area around my house and screams and caterwauls well into the night. WHen she starts calling, that gets my cats, particuarly my boys who while neutered, still know what a lady cat in love sounds like, all worked up.

So the cats are running back and forth through the house from window to window. Then Juliets boyfriend pays her a visit and the screaming begins. This gets my dog all worked up and she's pacing through the house, growling and woofing. Finally the cats outside finish the deed and everyone inside settles down again, only to repeat the cycle all over in thirty minutes.

It's driving me INSANE!!! This is why people hate cats. Because roaming intact cats are damn annoying! They give all cats a bad name. They certainly aren't putting me in the best of moods.

Hmph!

Sweet
21-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Ear plugs on their way to you :lol: x

sarahd
21-03-2007, 11:02 AM
and a valium x (or 2 lol)

alexgirl73
21-03-2007, 11:06 AM
oh dear! I hope it all settles down quickly Kobster!

charliebubs
21-03-2007, 02:22 PM
Oh no. you have my sympathies. I hope it all settles down soon.

Are they ferals or cats with homes?

Mags
21-03-2007, 03:27 PM
Oh dear, that must be so annoying for you :mad:

I think you need a hose pipe at the ready, then you can open your window and squirt away to cool their passion!! :-D

Fran
21-03-2007, 03:37 PM
I quite agree with you and sympathise totally!

Think Mags' suggestion is a good one :-D

dandysmom
21-03-2007, 04:40 PM
I sympathize with you; dreadful racket they make! Feliway for your cats and Valium for you...plus the hose that Mags suggested...??!!!

Kobster
21-03-2007, 07:57 PM
Thanks. They are strays and most people don't properly own cats here. I am the only one I know with indoor pet cats.
I hadn't thought about breaking out the feliway, will try that.
and a hose for the cassanova kitties.

charliebubs
21-03-2007, 09:53 PM
Would it not be possible to get some kind of neutering programme going for the strays, Kobster?? Otherwise this problem will just go on and on.........and surely you get over-run with homeless kittens too??

I didn't realise things were so different over there - amazing what you learn on Catsey!!! :)

janey83
21-03-2007, 10:28 PM
Tigger was neutured and ive never heard a female cat call... but when Tigger was outside and wanted to come in he did the really loud meow (dunno if thats anythin to do with the calling!)

dandysmom
21-03-2007, 11:45 PM
A female cat in heat can be very loud, and when the toms arrive they try to intimidate one another by fierce displays of bristling and the most ungodly screams and caterwauling...trying to outbluff their rivals ...it can go on and on for hours and be incredibly noisy...and when the female shrieks after the tom withdraws...believe me, if you ever heard it, it's nothing like a sweet neutered tom yelling loudly to be let inside...! :-D Sorry if this is a bit graphic..:oops:

Kobster
24-03-2007, 07:36 AM
Saw the female cat today for the first time. She was lovely and very sweet. Its hard to be mad at the cats, as what theya re doing is only natural. It is sad to me though, that this will result in another litter of kittens born into the streets. :(