PDA

View Full Version : Peapod Update

sarahd
20-03-2007, 10:59 PM
Just to update you all on Peapod.
She went to the vets today for a check up and seems to be doing very well. Bleeding all stopped and everything seems back to normal. She didnt lose very much weight with not getting the chance to feed her babies so she is still in quite good condition.
Anyway decided that that was her last attempt at babies as she is at the older end of the scale for having them now so she is getting spayed next Wednesday (28th) and going to live out her retirement in style.
She seems a lot happier in herself now and is not chasing the younger cats around as much trying to mother them now.
She got a treat for her tea some chicken which she wolfed down and licked her lips afterwards and i'm sure i almost saw a smile on her face bless her

Sarah
x

Fran
20-03-2007, 11:03 PM
Glad Peapod is doing well Sarah :D

What's the story behind you getting her? I know you said that this litter wasn't her first but it was yours?

charliebubs
20-03-2007, 11:05 PM
I'm glad to hear that she is doing well Sarah. I'm sure that she will enjoy her retirement with you. :)

Moli
20-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Pleased to hear she has recovered fully.....Now she can enjoy her retirement..

sarahd
20-03-2007, 11:08 PM
I got her from my breeding mentor Fran. She had had all her other litters there with her and they had had no problems whatsoever and Peapod had always been a good mum hence her letting me have her as like a test run so to speak before my girls were old enough to have them.
The agreement was that Peapod could come and live with me and be mated back at her breeders and then once she had had this litter would i agree to have her spayed and keep her on as a pet. I agreed to all this of course.
Unfortunatley babies didnt go as planned but hey at least she is ok and thats the main thing. So now she will be spayed and stay as a lady of leisure.
She will spend the warm summer days out in the secure pen in the garden with Alfie my raggie stud boy as they are good friends and she likes him and he gets on well with her. So they will be good company for each other.

Sarah
x

Mags
20-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Pleased to hear Peapod has recovered and I hope she enjoys her well earned retirement Sarah :D

Fran
20-03-2007, 11:39 PM
I hope that Peapod enjoys her retirement in the sun with her friend Sarah :cool:

Sweet
20-03-2007, 11:50 PM
So glad Peapod is doing ok.

She is going to like retirement out in the sun - bless x

yola
20-03-2007, 11:58 PM
I'm so pleased to read that she's recovered from her ordeal. I'm sure she'll enjoy her leisure time in the company of Alfie :)

alexgirl73
21-03-2007, 11:03 AM
Great to hear she's doing well Sarah, and I'm sure she'll enjoy her 'retirement' in the sun!

Jac
21-03-2007, 11:08 AM
So glad she's back to normal. I'm sure if she could she would thank you for all you have done. I'm sure she will enjoy her life to the full. ((((((((()))))))) hugs.

charliebubs
10-07-2007, 12:25 PM
The agreement was that Peapod could come and live with me and be mated back at her breeders and then once she had had this litter would i agree to have her spayed and keep her on as a pet. I agreed to all this of course.

She will spend the warm summer days out in the secure pen in the garden with Alfie my raggie stud boy as they are good friends and she likes him and he gets on well with her. So they will be good company for each other.

Sarah
x

Sarah, to prove my point................this is what you said about Peapod.

smudgley
10-07-2007, 03:52 PM
:shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: :shock: {again}

mable1718
10-07-2007, 03:55 PM
glad peapod is doing well sarah