PDA

View Full Version : Good News At Last

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:02 PM
Well I finally have something to smile about this week :D
As most of you know i had a horrendous week last week losing my very first litter of kittens one by one over the space of 4 days :(
I had decided i was going to give up this breeding lark as i didnt think i could cope with things like this happening. I have to say though this is not always a natural occurence and the babies were early and very weak so had the odds stacked against them i now realise.
Anyway my furry friends had other ideas to keep me on the straight and narrow and one by one over the last few days have started calling :?
Anyway Mally my cream british went off to stud at her old owners on Sunday and it has been reported (not too graphically) she has been very busy with her lover :lol: and on more than one, three or five occasions lol
She comes back home on Friday and the 65 day countdown started offically as of yesterday. So fingers crossed and here's hoping we have a problem free and painless delivery and a succesful birth and baby growing 13 weeks afterwards.

Sarah
x

Erin
19-03-2007, 11:04 PM
oh i have everything crossed for you hun x

Moli
19-03-2007, 11:05 PM
After the heartbreak of losing the kittens, it so nice to hear you have some positive news, hope it all goes well....let us know how it goes....

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:05 PM
thanks JM trying not to get too excited but i cant help it lol

Sarah
x

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Hi Moli
I will keep you all updated just try and stop me lol

I'm really excited but scared at the same time. I just read my post back to myself and am sat here worried now in case it makes me seem insensitive about the loss of my babies :(

Sarah
x

Erin
19-03-2007, 11:08 PM
Hi Moli
I will keep you all updated just try and stop me lol

I'm really excited but scared at the same time. I just read my post back to myself and am sat here worried now in case it makes me seem insensitive about the loss of my babies :(

Sarah
x

its understandable you are feeling nervous and of course your not being insensitive hun you bound to feel excited

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:10 PM
so quickly changing subject JM lol how long do we stay juniors for before we get promoted. Is the target like 6 million posts or something cos if thats the case we have lots of work to do.

Sarah
x

Kazz
I am sure everything will be fine, a healthy happy litter of5 I think.

Now onto the dreaded colour question what colours do you expect?
And whatever don't tell Dawn she is a BSH addict.:)
Karen

yola
Sarah - I hope all goes to plan; that Mally IS pregnant and that she carries full term and delivers a healthy, strong litter.

I think what happened, as you say, was desperately sad but the odds were stacked against the little ones from the start.

Hugs.

Erin
19-03-2007, 11:11 PM
so quickly changing subject JM lol how long do we stay juniors for before we get promoted. Is the target like 6 million posts or something cos if thats the case we have lots of work to do.

Sarah
x

i dont know i was thinking the same,its been ages since i became senior on dogsey and i cant remember how many posts it was!!!!!!
gotta be close though surely

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:13 PM
errrm right Kazz well mum is a Cream Self and Dad is Lilac carrying Blue so we could have cream, blue or lilac boys and blue cream girls but somewhere in her last litter a chocolate appeared from nowhere. Maybe the stork left that kitty by mistake as there is no tracking that one lol
I spoke with her previous owner who bred her first time around and she had the 4 kittens one blue, one cream, blue cream and a chocolate but all were healthy and a very good size and Mally coped very well with the whole idea of motherhood.
So its fingers crossed time and wait and see what the stork feels fit to deliver us when the time comes.
Sarah
x

alexgirl73
19-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Will keep everything crossed for you and Mally Sarah! I'm sure all will go to plan this time. What happened before was just one of those things that unfortunately does occur sometimes.

Kazz
19-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Ohhhh I'm a veteran :)

Fran
19-03-2007, 11:40 PM
Very best wishes with the forthcoming litter Sarah!! I'm sure Kay will be along at some point to help you with the colour thing. What colour was dad last time?? and the grandparents colours?? might explain where the chocolate came from?

sarahd
19-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Errrm dad was the same as this time Fran. Mum and dad on her side are both cream. Grand parents on her side there is cream, blue, blue cream and red spotted (unusual choice) wonder if it could stem from the red somehow. As isnt red a dilute of seal? it is in the raggies not sure about the British though.
Hmmm might need to have a chat with Kay about this colour malarky as its quite difficult and there are no colour prediction charts at hand that i can find.

Sarah
x

charliebubs
20-03-2007, 11:09 PM
That's good news with her being mated Sarah. Fingers crossed that she falls pregnant and it all runs smoothly this time.

Remember that each cat and each litter is different and what happened with Peapod isn't likely to happen again. :)

Best of luck anyway and keep us posted. :)

sarahd
20-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Thanks Charlie.
Cant wait till Friday till i go and pick Mally back up i've really missed her. She's one of these cats you know you have her. She wants cuddled all the time and will happily lay in my arms whilst i type with one hand and hang onto her with the other lol
She is my cuddly bear the only pain about her is she licks constantly and after a while she makes your skin sore lol

Sarah

sarahd
20-03-2007, 11:12 PM
tut i'm still a junior :(

charliebubs
20-03-2007, 11:13 PM
tut i'm still a junior :(

LOL - patience, patience!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :-D :-D :-D

sarahd
20-03-2007, 11:23 PM
whats patience Charlie ;)

charliebubs
20-03-2007, 11:25 PM
whats patience Charlie ;)

Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm?????????????????????

LOL

:cool:

Fran
20-03-2007, 11:34 PM
As isnt red a dilute of seal? it is in the raggies not sure about the British though.
Sarah
x

Red isn't dilute of seal in the Oriental/Siam world. Blue is dilute of Seal. Really think you need Kay's help here as I do not know enough to be able to guide you :?

sarahd
20-03-2007, 11:42 PM
Spoken to Kay tonight about colours etc Fran it seems somewhere along the line she must have had something either chocolate or carrying chocolate to have produced the chocolate kitten.
All this talk about chocolate making me very hungry lol

Sarah
x

Sweet
20-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Just eaten a white choc kit kat - very nice it was lol

Fingers and paws crossed here ((((((hugs)))))) x