PDA

View Full Version : Food Bowl

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 07:11 PM
For those of you with exotics or persians! Does anyone have any idea what I can get Teddie as a food bowl as it's taking her absolutely ages to eat these biscuits as she can't get a proper grip on them and they slide around the bowl, poor baby:lol: . I shouldn't laugh, but when you see her chasing her food all around the bowl it does look rather silly. Are there any angled feeding bowls specifically for flat face cats?

Moli
18-03-2007, 07:50 PM
Both Leo and Merlin (exotics,) will not eat out of a bowl when they can see the bottom, I have to fill them up! Leo has been known to use his paws to pick the biscuits up!

Soupie
18-03-2007, 07:52 PM
I find the square side of those twin plastic dishes good they have a round dish and a square one side by side and cost about 90p as well :D

The corners in the square side allow the cat to use the corners to get the biscuits as they get near the bottom of the dish

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 08:23 PM
Oh Teddie will eat out of the bowl if she can see the bottom or not lol! If I filled the bowl so that sh ecouldn't see the bottom she wouldn't stop eating until all the food had gone!!

Sweet
18-03-2007, 08:26 PM
Awww bless her x

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 09:01 PM
Bernard has some Persian in him and he scoops the last bits out of the bowl with his paw!! Soooooo cute!!!! :)

yola
18-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Yes - Balie used to do that scooping with the paw thing, but not very well :roll:

What I do, is I raise his bowl on 2 telephone directories, cover them with an old tea towel, and then put the biscuits OUTSIDE the bowl. He seems to find that the easiest.

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 09:06 PM
Teddie puts her paw on the side of the bowl to try and stop it moving across the carpet (I have to feed her seperatley in the living room), but for love nor money she can't get the last of the biscuits out of the bowl. She needs something angled that will let the biscuits stay in the one place.

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 09:08 PM
That sounds like a good idea Yola. Will give that a go with he breakfast!

Kay
20-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Alex, please don't use plastic bowls for Teddie. Persians and exotics have a high chance of feline acne and plastic bowls don't help. All my Persians use stainless steel bowls. If she is struggling try sticking a bit of non-slip matting in the bottom of her bowl.

alexgirl73
20-03-2007, 05:00 PM
I didn't know that Kay! Teddies bowl is a ceramic one I got when I went to Supreme from the Exotic cat stand lol! Good idea about the non slip matting though, I will have a look around for some this week. Thanks (oh and her water bowl is a stainless steel one)

Kay
22-03-2007, 04:13 PM
I didn't know that Kay! Teddies bowl is a ceramic one I got when I went to Supreme from the Exotic cat stand lol! Good idea about the non slip matting though, I will have a look around for some this week. Thanks (oh and her water bowl is a stainless steel one)

Ceramic is just as good Alex it is just plastic bowls that are bad. Let us know how the rubber matting goes.