PDA

View Full Version : Meet hercules

Jac
18-03-2007, 05:51 PM
My mothers day surprise from Darrlye

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/hercules.jpg

Isnt darrlye a wee sweetheart! He's a medateranian tortie.

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 06:23 PM
Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - he's not a kitten :(

Not what I was expecting, but he's very handsome. :)

How old is he? Do you have other tortoises/reptiles Jac? I had a terrapin as a kid, thoughtfully named Terri !!!! hee hee

Tanya
18-03-2007, 06:31 PM
awww, such interesting little things! ;) He is a beauty!

Bet you are chuffed with your mothers days present! :D

Fran
18-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Wow!! He's very cute Jac, what a lovely surprise :cool: I did think you already had a tortoise? I love tortoises, I have a Hermann's tortoise and find him fascinating! How old is Hercules? Love his name by the way, it's brill :-D

Jac
18-03-2007, 06:58 PM
PK dont you remember I had a tortiose before but a dog that I was fostering killed it?
This was Darryle's way of makeing up to me. What a little sweetheart! only he's bigger than me ! At 16!
Here's Hercules with Blue. Blue's such a good boy.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v647/boxerlass/bluetortie.jpg

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 07:06 PM
aaawww, he's so cute Jac!!! Looks so tiny next to big old Blue, lol! Something else for me to see when I come for my cuppa!

Mags
18-03-2007, 07:59 PM
He's cute Jac......... I used to have a tortoise many years ago!:D

Sweet
18-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Hes so small - bless, what a lovely Mothers Day Pressie x

Fran
18-03-2007, 08:45 PM
PK dont you remember I had a tortiose before but a dog that I was fostering killed it?

I thought you had a tortoise Jac but I didn't realise that you didn't have it any longer :( Hercules is a stunner and I love Blue's expression :-D

yola
18-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Yes, I remember you having a tortoise but I didn't realise it wasn't around any more.

Hercules is quite a sweetie for a tortoise and Darryle a very thoughtful lad to get him for you.

Are tortoises difficult to come by? I thought there were import restrictions on them now??

Fran
18-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Are tortoises difficult to come by? I thought there were import restrictions on them now??

There are restrictions on the breeding and importing of certain breeds. The breed I have, you have to have a licence to breed/import them...