PDA

View Full Version : Jilly & Joshua ... success!!!!

Kay
18-03-2007, 04:57 PM
I have just spoken to my friend today. My Jilly is staying with her at the moment ...... or to be more precise with her Joshua :oops: . She says that although she hasn't pinked up as yet she seems to be very rounded and my friend says she will be very surprised if she isn't pregnant. I am going to pick her up in about a week and I am keeping everything crossed.
Jilly is really confusing Joshua as she keeps climbing to the top of his pen and he doesn't do things like that. He just sits on the floor and looks at her in amazement :roll: :roll: . Poor Josh.

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 05:00 PM
Ooooh, will keep my fingers crossed Kay! Baby persians (swoon)

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 05:01 PM
Awwwwwwwwwwww - how exciting Kay!!!! Fingers and paws all crossed here for Jilly and Josh. Sounds like they've had a good "honeymoon"!!!! lol :)

Keep us posted.

Kay
18-03-2007, 05:04 PM
They certainly have had a good honeymoon. As soon as I let Jilly out of her carrier Joshua was on her. She did play hard to get though ............. for about 12 hours. Their last litter produced 6 babies although only Ruby survived hopefully this will be more successful.

Kazz
18-03-2007, 05:07 PM
I am sure this will be a litter made in heaven. Best of luck. :)

Kay
18-03-2007, 05:15 PM
Thanks Karen.

This is a pic of Jilly when she was younger. Unfortunately I haven't got one of Joshua at my mum's but will put one on when I get home.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Tilsie/Jilly1.jpg

Jac
18-03-2007, 05:22 PM
Aww that's so cute.

Hehe I'm getting all mumsy with all these lovely kittens. Oh someone help!!!

Kay
18-03-2007, 05:26 PM
Thanks Jac. Hopefully plenty of pics will help.

Jac
18-03-2007, 05:29 PM
Yes please Kay. Hope it all goes right this time. With all the willing here it must do.

Kay
18-03-2007, 05:53 PM
I certainly hope so.

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Me too Kay and Jilly's beautiful. Is she a seal tortie point?

Fran
18-03-2007, 06:28 PM
Oh it all sounds very promising Kay!! You know I have everything crossed here for you and Jilly She is a stunning girl!!!!! What colours are you expecting from this mating Kay?

Kay
18-03-2007, 06:38 PM
Yes Charlie she is a seal-tortie point and a little darling unlike her bossy mother, Tilly.
Fran I can get black, red, seal-point or red-point males and red, tortie, red-point and seal-tortie point females from this mating so quite a varied litter although not as varied as Leila and Tate.

Fran
18-03-2007, 06:41 PM
Yes Charlie she is a seal-tortie point and a little darling unlike her bossy mother, Tilly.
Fran I can get black, red, seal-point or red-point males and red, tortie, red-point and seal-tortie point females from this mating so quite a varied litter although not as varied as Leila and Tate.

What a lovely assortment of colours!! I find the colour genetics soooo confusing. You need to come and stay over to give me a few lessons :-D

I have everything crossed for you and Jilly here Kay x

and don't forget to post up Joshua's pic when you get home ;)

Kazz
18-03-2007, 06:48 PM
Fran if you find colour genetics confusing think about me the poor "brain dead" here.

Kazz
18-03-2007, 06:49 PM

Kay why can't you get ablack female????:-D

Kay
18-03-2007, 06:58 PM
Kay why can't you get ablack female????:-D
The females take their colour from a mix of both parents and therefore that would either be a red or red-point and tortie or seal-tortie point. The red comes through as Joshua is a red self carrying the colourpoint gene and Jilly being a seal-tortiepoint is a mix of both red and seal (or black). Boys get their colour from mum so that is where the black male comes in. Hope this helps Karen.
Fran I will gladly come and stay and try and help. :roll: :roll:

Kazz
18-03-2007, 07:00 PM
The females take their colour from a mix of both parents and therefore that would either be a red or red-point and tortie or seal-tortie point. The red comes through as Joshua is a red self carrying the colourpoint gene and Jilly being a seal-tortiepoint is a mix of both red and seal (or black). Boys get their colour from mum so that is where the black male comes in. Hope this helps Karen.

Ah of course; clear as mud...thanks:-D

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 07:01 PM

I think I need a genetics lesson too please, Kay!!!!! :shock: :?

I want to put Lily to a blue colourpoint stud, so I get a mix of blue and seal, but I'm not sure if they would be tabby points or not??? Need to read up on that I think!!!! :D

Jac
18-03-2007, 07:05 PM
Hey you lot! Clear as mud here. Dah me think a blond (or age) moment comeing on.:shock:

Kazz
18-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Jac if you have little girls in your litter then you need to know what colours were in both parents history, but your little boys colour comes only from Mom it does not matter what colour Dad is but you need to know what the maternal parents and grandparents were as that is a contributing factor in what colour Mom carries.

I think Karen (novice)

Sweet
18-03-2007, 07:53 PM
Fingers and paws crossed here too :) x

Mags
18-03-2007, 08:17 PM
Good luck Kay!

I don't understand the colours either!! :roll:

Fran
18-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I think I need a genetics lesson too please, Kay!!!!! :shock: :?

I want to put Lily to a blue colourpoint stud, so I get a mix of blue and seal, but I'm not sure if they would be tabby points or not??? Need to read up on that I think!!!! :D

As I understand it Charlie, inorder to get tabby babies, one parent has to be a tabby. It's not a gene that is 'carried' So with Lily being tabby as far as I am aware, some babies from any mating could possibly be tabby. I'm sure Kay will correct me if I am wrong!

Kay
19-03-2007, 06:58 PM
That is quite right, Fran, you need one visual tabby parent to produce tabbies it does not carry. Charlie what colour is Lily and what colour were her parents, also what colour are the studs parents? Then I can let you know what colours are possible in both sexes.

As promised here is a pic of Joshua and an updated pic of Jilly.

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Tilsie/joshnew.jpg

http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d71/Tilsie/Jilly.jpg

Kazz
19-03-2007, 08:27 PM
Hey up I think I am starting to understand this colour bible. :)

Kazz
19-03-2007, 08:28 PM
I have to say Joshua is a gorgeous cat, :) he lokos massive.

charliebubs
19-03-2007, 09:11 PM
They are gorgeous Kay!! Can't wait to see their babies!!! :)

Lily is seal tabby point, her mum was a blue tabby point and her dad a seal tabby point. I want to put her to a blue colourpoint stud. I'm not sure of his parents colours, I'm still in negotiations with his owner!!! lol

I'll let you know when I know!!!!

I would love a blue tabby girl from her to keep.........one day!!! :)

Fran
19-03-2007, 09:32 PM
They are both stunners Kay!!! I'm trying to understand the 'ultra' concept. Looking at the piccies, is Joshua more ultra than Jilly? or am I way off track Kay?

sarahd
19-03-2007, 10:25 PM
oh wow both beautiful cats there.
Good luck Kay and i hope everything goes swimmingly for you this time with the litter.

Keep us updated with pregnancy photos and baby piccies :)

Sarah
x

Kay
20-03-2007, 03:40 PM
They are gorgeous Kay!! Can't wait to see their babies!!! :)

Lily is seal tabby point, her mum was a blue tabby point and her dad a seal tabby point. I want to put her to a blue colourpoint stud. I'm not sure of his parents colours, I'm still in negotiations with his owner!!! lol

I'll let you know when I know!!!!

I would love a blue tabby girl from her to keep.........one day!!! :)

As Lily's mum was a dilute then Lily will carry the dilute gene and you are putting her to a dilute boy so the possibility of a blue tabby girl is definitely there. You can have seal or blue point girls and boys and the same in tabby-points. Just remember to keep a kitten that is a least as good as Lily but preferably better in some way. I know this is really hard but it is the way to improve your lines. Good luck.

Kay
20-03-2007, 03:43 PM
Karen:- Joshua is a real stunner he is a Grand Champion with 1 UK Grand certificate.

Fran:- Joshua is far more ultra than Jilly she is what they call open-faced.

Sarah:- I have everything crossed as well and will definitely keep you all updated.