PDA

View Full Version : animal food re-call

CathyW
18-03-2007, 02:48 PM
http://www.phillyburbs.com/pb-dyn/news/25-03182007-1316102.html

i know its not in this country, but wasnt sure if it would effect anyone on here. but its important any way

smudgley
18-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Oh no!

We use Euk at work so glad it's not affecting us in the UK.

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 02:55 PM
That is unbelievable!! I hope none of our american posters are affected by this!

Kay
18-03-2007, 03:59 PM
Thats awful. Hope it all gets sorted quickly and no more animals suffer because of it.

Sweet
18-03-2007, 09:49 PM
It wouldnt let me sign in to it, you need to be a member? x

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 09:53 PM
That's strange Julie, it's still letting me go to it. Basically it's a pet food plant in the US that makes a lot of different foods, including Iams, Eukanuba and a lot of others, and they have discovered something wrong with both their cat and dog foods and it has made a lot of pets vey sick, so they've had to recall ALL of their brands, and it's a looooong list!

Sweet
18-03-2007, 09:55 PM
Oh no :( x

dandysmom
18-03-2007, 10:04 PM
Oh indeed, it has had me worried sick ever since the news broke!! The pouches of Iams and Priority that are in the recall are ones that I fed to Leia and Onyx (among other brands). Onyx especially likes the turkey in gravy, beef in gravy, and chicken in gravy, all of which are listed; Leia doesn't care much for the pouches, but I always save about a tablespoon of the gravy from Onyx's pouch to put on Leia's dry food...I think her bout of cystitis was caused by too much dry food, but she insists on it for her afternoon and pre-bedtime snack, so I thought adding the gravy would lessen any problems. Both of them seem fine, no signs whatsoever of any illness, but I can't help but worry...of course I can't check the product number on the ones they've eaten, thrown away when empty, of course. The ones I still have are OK...but I wonder how long it would take for any signs of illness to show up...:shock: :cry:

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 10:07 PM
Oh no Eileen!! I was wondering about you after Cathy posted that notice. I meant to PM you earlier and I forgot! Is there any information on the pet food website about symptoms? I'll keep everything crossed that Leia and Onyx will be ok (and I'm sure they will be!!) ((hugs))

dandysmom
18-03-2007, 10:15 PM
No, Alex, nothing on any of the websites about symptoms, and believe me, I've been on them all! To think that I've been feeding Onyx and might have been poisoning her just makes me want to cry...Leia has only had the gravy, but I assume that would have been contaminated also...they both seem just fine:Leia just went out on the porch to birdwatch even in this chilly weather, and Onyx was here waiting for both her meals today...and spoke to me! And I petted her! Maybe I'm worrying unnecessarily, but believe me, prayers for my two girls health are very much appreciated.......

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 10:18 PM
I would take that as a good sign then Eileen! It just beggars belief though that this sort of thing can still happen with a company that size!! Let us know of any future developments. xx

dandysmom
18-03-2007, 10:34 PM
I will indeed; am following up on line on any more info...so far it seems to have affected dog more than cats...I don't have any dog owning friends, but have e-mailed my friend Carolyn to see if Kate eats any of the recalled brands...you wonder how something lke this can happen....I may call my vet tomorrow to ask about symptoms, but so far they both seem fine...bright-eyed and bushytailed as the saying goes.....