PDA

View Full Version : Lily & William...........proud parents of...

charliebubs
17-03-2007, 11:25 AM
three beautiful bouncing babies!!!!

A tabby male was the first born (a William Junior!)

followed by a black female,

followed by a black male!!

All three are happy and healthy and feeding well.

Lily is being a wonderful mummy and it's all coming naturally to her - thank goodness!! :D

In fact I didn't even know she'd given birth until she'd already delivered two of them!! She was so quiet about it all. :o

I realised that she was nesting last night, but she wasn't producing milk and I couldn't see any discharge so at about midnight I decided it would be safe to go to sleep. I had the birthing box set up in my room (which she had been in and out of all night!) but I let the others come in and left the door open, as I didn't think she was actually ready to give birth.

I was wrong!!!! I woke up about 1.30am because I could hear squeaking, turned on the light and there, right next to me on the bed, was Lily with two kittens safely out of their sacks and all cleaned up!! Kuta and Abi were also sat on the bed watching what was going on!!!

I got up and put the others out and closed the door. Lily then decided to move into the birthing box. I got a hot water bottle and snugglesafe heatpad, warmed and dried the two kittens while she delivered the third one.

I warmed and dried that little one too and then tried to help them find the nipples. I had already cut away some of the hair from her boobs, but it still seemed very hairy, so I trimmed a bit more off!!!

By about 3.30am Lily had stopped for some food and water and the kittens were trying to suckle, but hadn't really managed it.

By 4.30am all three kittens were suckling happily!!! :lol:

Lily and babies are all doing well.

Here are a couple of pics. I have got more and will post them shortly.

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1435.jpg

http://i118.photobucket.com/albums/o89/charliebubs/106_1427.jpg

Finally, a big thank you to Kay. Who took my call at 1.50am when I needed advice!!! lol Thank you Auntie Kay!!! :-D :-D

Jac
17-03-2007, 11:32 AM
Oh Charlie so glad all went well.

First dibs

charliebubs
17-03-2007, 11:33 AM
Oh Charlie so glad all went well.

First dibs

Hahahahaha Jac!!!!! You're in Scotland tho!!!!! :shock:

Jac
17-03-2007, 11:35 AM
Yeh bummer!!!!

Honestly I got a shock when I saw this. Didnt realise it was "time". Bet your glad its over by the sound of it.
So glad it all went well and scrummy kittens at the end of it! Well done.

smudgley
17-03-2007, 12:18 PM
Glad the kittens have arrived safely Charlie. :)

they look beautiful. :cool:

Mags
17-03-2007, 12:40 PM
That's wonderful news Charlie, I glad everything went smoothly with the birth for Lily :D I didn't realise her time was so close!

The kittens are beautiful......... what a lovely legacy William left behind! :D

Fran
17-03-2007, 01:06 PM
Wow Charlie!!! They are GORGEOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :smt007 :smt007 :smt007 Big congratulations to both you and Lily :cool:

EmmaG
17-03-2007, 01:11 PM
Oh my!!!! I just love tabbies!!!! :)

Elaine
17-03-2007, 01:18 PM
Well done Lily. Congratulations Charlie. They are so very pretty kitties but then William was a very handsome lad. Well done all of you including Kay for the late night advice.

alexgirl73
17-03-2007, 01:48 PM
Congratulations Lily & Charlie!!! What beautiful babies, and as you say, that little bit of William lives on!

Kay
17-03-2007, 02:07 PM
Charlie they are so gorgeous and Lily looks so at ease. I think Auntie Kay may have to come down and visit them sometime. As soon as the phone went I knew it was you just couldn't get to the phone in time so had to ring you back. Anymore advice you know where I am. Give them all, especially Lily, a special hug from their Auntie Kay.

dinahsmum
17-03-2007, 02:12 PM
That little stripey chap could come and live in my house ..... except he can't. We have a 'house full' sign up! Glad all went well and best wishes for their continued good health.
Have you got good homes lined up?

sammy
17-03-2007, 03:06 PM
Ooooh more lovely babies! Glad all went well:D

dandysmom
17-03-2007, 04:43 PM
Congratulations, Charlie...what lovely little ones! Glad they and Lily are doing well; love the little tabby!

Moli
17-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Congratulatins to Lily and you Charlie, beautiful babies....

Kazz
17-03-2007, 07:26 PM
Yes I agree DM the little tabby is gorgeous. Glad all went well.

yola
17-03-2007, 08:12 PM
Oh my gosh - the kittens are here already :shock:

Aren't they just the loveliest??? Well done Charlie and Lily and I hope William's looking down proudly on his newly-born kits :D

dandysmom
17-03-2007, 08:35 PM
What a nice thought, Yola ! :D

vicki
18-03-2007, 03:21 AM
Awwwwwwwwww :D Glad everything went smooth with the birthing and cant wait to see the babes going from strength to strength. Well done momma cat!

Kobster
18-03-2007, 04:58 AM
What gorgeous babies. That little tabby is just yummy. Give my congratulations to mom. I'm sure poppy William is handing out cigars at the rainbow bridge.

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 03:30 PM
Thanks guys!! They are all doing well still and I have some more pics, which I will post in a mo.

What a lovely thought that William is looking down proudly. Thank you Yola and Kobster!! :)

Auntie Kay.........you are welcome to come and visit us any time!!! :)

Kay
18-03-2007, 03:33 PM
Auntie Kay.........you are welcome to come and visit us any time!!! :)

You might regret that, Charlie ;) and you definitely better count the babies before I leave :roll: . Glad all is well.

alexgirl73
18-03-2007, 03:40 PM
Can you pick me up on the way Kay? lol!

charliebubs
18-03-2007, 03:46 PM

Hahahaha!!! You're of course welcome too Alex!!! :)

Kay
18-03-2007, 03:54 PM
Not a problem, Alex. I can easily bypass Telford. :lol: :lol:

Sweet
18-03-2007, 10:03 PM
I am still catching the posts up lol backwards!

Love the photos and I bet William is one proud Daddy looking down on his family of fluffy bums! x