PDA

View Full Version : salmon

Erin
14-03-2007, 04:26 PM
is salmon bad for cats?its just ive read that it can be really bad for dogs because of the bacteria from the snails that the salmon eats,it can kill dogs in severe cases,im just asking cus the gourmet pearl that jerry eats is salmon,its his fave flavour and he eats alot of it :?

dandysmom
14-03-2007, 04:37 PM
I've never heard this, but know nothing about dogs nutrition. Only one of my cats liked salmon (tinned, people food) and she lived to 19 1/2 ! Hope someone with more knowledge will reply ......

Erin
14-03-2007, 04:40 PM
i didnt know,i only looked cus my sister is here and didnt eat all of food and just put the plate down on the floor so the dogs finished her salmon off!!!!!
the vet seems to think they should be ok because they only ate about half a fillet and it was cooked,but it got me to thinking cus salmon gourmet pearl is jerrys fave,i cant find anything on th internet to say if its ok for cats,its all about how bad it is for dogs so i assume and hopefully right,that its ok for cats

Sweet
14-03-2007, 05:27 PM
Sorry I cannot help you, hopefully someone can x

Animagus
14-03-2007, 06:18 PM
As far as I am aware Salmon is fine for cats... otherwise why would they sell it in cat food.... I wouldn.t worry too much if it was going to do any harm it would have shown by now especially if this is his fave food...

Don't worry too much Jerrysmom xxxx

Erin
14-03-2007, 06:22 PM
As far as I am aware Salmon is fine for cats... otherwise why would they sell it in cat food.... I wouldn.t worry too much if it was going to do any harm it would have shown by now especially if this is his fave food...

Don't worry too much Jerrysmom xxxx

yeah i thought this,they wouldnt put it in the food if it was bad for them