PDA

View Full Version : accidents happen! keanu got free!

jenny
13-03-2007, 09:55 AM
i was out all day yesterday so i left my OH in charge of all the animals.
well he was in the bedroom which is downstairs for us, and hes left a small window open to let the air in while he sorted through the washing. Anyway, he couldnt see keanu anywhere and realised that he must have climbed thru the window!

so he went outside and he could see some cats fighting and going crazy. so he scared them away and found keanu huddled in a corner!

he says he feels like his hero now! lol.

luckily keanu is none the worse for wear, but it does make me worry that he might not have noticed he got out and keanu could have got lost or even stolen being so young!

and yesterday when the sky man came, we shut keanu in the bedroom while they did some work, and a little while later i came downstairs to find the front door open AND the bedroom door! thank god he was still sitting on the windowsil watching them! i went and told them NOT to open the door as hes not allowed out!

ive decided to maybe try take him on the harness a bit more so that he gets familiar with the area, so at least if he does get out he knows where he is and will hopefully cry at the door!

Sweet
13-03-2007, 10:00 AM
How frightening for Keanu, thank goodness he is home safe x

yola
13-03-2007, 10:38 AM
That's so scary when an indoor-only cat gets out, I'm so pleased Keanu is OK - the cat ruccus sounds scary. Mine are only allowed in the garden under supervision and I've lost count of the number of times I have to ask visitors/tradesmen to ensure the door is closed - and even then I have to almost stand guard to ensure that remains the case coz it inevitably doesn't!

Mags
13-03-2007, 12:33 PM
What a worry that must have been :shock: I'm so glad Keanu is safely home and unharmed...

A window only has to be open a little bit and they can smell the fresh air and will squeeze themselves out somehow:roll: When we have workmen in they always seem to leave the front door open so I tend to shut Cassie in the kitchen as I don't let her have access to the front because of the road....

Kazz
13-03-2007, 12:38 PM
So glad he is safe, you may find it more difficult to keep him in as the Spring approaches, butterflies etc going past the window and Spring air... but sure you'll get into the routine.

Karen

Fran
13-03-2007, 01:29 PM
So glad he is home safe and well!

dinahsmum
13-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Oh eek! :shock:
Your idea of familiarising him with his surroundings is a good one.
And never trust tradesmen (or possibly even 'men') not to let your animals out. I never do. A lock or bolt is best for the room the animals are being kept safe in.

dandysmom
13-03-2007, 04:46 PM
That's another reason I harness-trained all my cats...if they somehow did get out, they'd be familiar with the territory! And I totally agree about workmen... they cannot be trusted to close doors...when I had the plumber last month. I kept closing the door every time he left it open and kept reminding him about the cat...and he kept forgetting!!! Aaaargh!!!

sarahd
13-03-2007, 11:31 PM
Nothing worse than tradesmen who dont listen to a damn thing you say.
My hubbies cousin had some work done in the house and they were warned to keep an eye out for the cats. They only went and put the floor boards down and trapped one of the cats under it. Wouldnt have been so bad but he had just taken cat on after losing both his mum and dad in such a short space of time and she was all that was left of them bless him.
Luckily she was found though and non the worse for her ordeal.

Sarah
x

dandysmom
13-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Oh what a dreadful thing, Sarah! Glad she was OK...that's scary!! :shock: