PDA

View Full Version : Erm, Help!!!

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 06:38 PM
No idea what to do here! I think Teddis is coming into call! I was in the kitchen when I heard Broxi make a very peculiar noise, not one I'd heard him make before. I went into the living room to see what was going on, to find him pinning Teddie down, 'in the position'!!!! Now I thought that as he and Cooper are both neutered this wouldn't happen. What's going on?

I'm going to speak to the new vet tomorrow to see when he thinks it will be safe for Teddie to be spayed, but what do I do in the meantime?:oops:

Fran
11-03-2007, 06:42 PM
Very often neutered Toms will attempt to mate so don't worry too much about that. Teddie does need speying asap though as if she is in call she will keep coming in and out of call every three weeks or so now and will become at risk of pyometra (womb infection) Have you heard her calling Alex?

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 06:48 PM
No, I haven't heard her do anything apart from her usual yowling when she's picked up! I'm hoping the vet will give the go ahead tomorrow for her to be done asap, but whether he thinks she's strong enough and is willing to do it yet is another matter.

Mags
11-03-2007, 06:52 PM
Make sure you are loaded with all your notes about Teddie when you see the new vet tomorrow Alex;)

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 07:04 PM
I have my little note book to take in with me Mags. I will be sitting down tonight to go over it again in case I've missed anything!

Sweet
11-03-2007, 07:21 PM
I hope all goes well talking to the Vet tomorrow and little Teddie is well enough to have her Op ;)x

Kazz
11-03-2007, 07:31 PM
I think it may be a case of weighing up the odds, which would be preferably to yourself "being spayed" or a litter of kittens or pyometra.... I think I would think about it long and hard if she is not strong enough to undergo the surgery would she be strong enough to have a litter or the complications possibly involved or the effects of pyometra and posiby an emergency spay?

Fingers crossed he thinks she strong enough especially if you have BW Toms hanging around already you never know it may be Teddie they are interested in not the others?

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 07:47 PM
Teddie doesn't have access to the outside at all Kazz. She will most definitely be spayed as soon as the vet gives the go ahead. I know she can't get pregnant by my boys, so that's not a worry. The pyometra is, but I will have to go with the vets advice on this.

dandysmom
11-03-2007, 07:49 PM
Neutered males sometimes have enough basic instinct to assume the position and do the nape bite, but that's all...nothing happens! I hope the vet will give you good guidelines on when she'll be well enough to be spayed...bet he'll be surprised and pleased at your copious food/poo diary! I'm eager to hear what he says!

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 07:55 PM
He's driving both Teddie and I nuts. Won't leave her alone tonight at all. He's actually been walking about on top of her, biting her neck and carrying her underneath him! I've now had to lock Teddie in the living room just so she can have some peace.

Mags
11-03-2007, 08:00 PM
I would mention that to the vet as well Alex.......

Kazz
11-03-2007, 08:14 PM
He's driving both Teddie and I nuts. Won't leave her alone tonight at all. He's actually been walking about on top of her, biting her neck and carrying her underneath him! I've now had to lock Teddie in the living room just so she can have some peace.

Thing is that could stress her out....:(

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 08:18 PM
I know!!! I really hope that he will give the go ahead for it tomorrow, and get her booked in asap.

dinahsmum
12-03-2007, 09:27 AM
Good luck at the vet today.
At least you will get your money's worth with your list of ailments and questions!