PDA

View Full Version : Cat news (11th March)

smudgley
11-03-2007, 09:29 AM
Angel is going to her new home today.

Thomas is going to his new home today with Sasha. (I now have them in the same pen, so they are friends ready to go to their new home together)

Tasha will go next weekend as she needs her spay stitches leaving in another few days & the lady doesn't want her until the stitches are out.

Smelly, whoops I mean Scruffy is going to have his bath today & get freshened up, then he will go in a few days once I can get him vaccinated.

THEN..... I did say I might leave the pens empty until I get back from my weekend away in 2 weeks, but there's a man waiting to gointo hospital for a major operation & he's very worried about his 2 cats, so they are coming in.

AND..... I have a pregnant female coming in too.

Fran
11-03-2007, 09:35 AM
Great news that all your current cats have found nice forever homes! How sad about the man needing a major op but at least it will be one less worry for him knowing that his cats will be safe with you :cool:

And a pregnant female - already!! :roll:

smudgley
11-03-2007, 09:38 AM
The man is going to be in hospital a long time & has to rehome his cats. :(

and the 2nd pregnant female into the branch this week. :shock: It's certainly started. I want to try & get some more info on her, all I know is that she's 3 years old. I could fetch her in today if I can get some info on where she is etc.

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 11:10 AM
Poor man having to rehome his cats. I always think it's so sad that this has to happen, that they have no-one who can look after them for the person so they don't have to give them up altogether!
I'm very worried about my little tortie girls as they are all being followed around at the moment by two big black and white toms, dont know if they are whole or not, but I suspect they are.

Mags
11-03-2007, 12:44 PM
It's great that you have Thomas and Sasha sharing the same pen Smudgley ready for their new home........ a pat on the back to you for taking the effort to get them used to each other before they go :D

Shame about the poor man having to give up his cats to go into hospital :(

Good luck with bathing Scruffy, I hope he behaves himself!!:D

smudgley
11-03-2007, 01:40 PM
Was that an offer of help Mags?? - will you be able to help me bath Scruffy. Cats & water is never a good combination :?

Mags
11-03-2007, 02:40 PM
Was that an offer of help Mags?? - will you be able to help me bath Scruffy. Cats & water is never a good combination :?
Have you a spare Cat Protection outfit then........... like armour??:-D

Jac
11-03-2007, 03:18 PM
You do such a good job. Another pregnant kitty!! Poor thing. Dou you think she was dumped when the people that had her found out?

Kazz
11-03-2007, 05:59 PM
Poor man having to rehome his cats. I always think it's so sad that this has to happen, that they have no-one who can look after them for the person so they don't have to give them up altogether!
I'm very worried about my little tortie girls as they are all being followed around at the moment by two big black and white toms, dont know if they are whole or not, but I suspect they are.

Can't you use the CPL vouchers and get them spayed Alex? the last thing you need is stray kittens again.:roll:

Karen

Kazz
11-03-2007, 06:00 PM
Great news the gang is moving on Smudgley, bit sad the kitten season has started. :(

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 06:31 PM
Can't you use the CPL vouchers and get them spayed Alex? the last thing you need is stray kittens again.:roll:

Karen

Kazz, if I could get someone from my CPL to phone me back it would be a start:mad: . I know they are busy and all, but I have phoned so many times now and never had a reply.

smudgley
11-03-2007, 08:35 PM
Alex, why don't you cantact the CP head office & explain your situation & that you are not having any joy from your local branch. They will be helpful.

If all else fails I've told you I'll help with getting them spayed.

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 08:37 PM
What's the number for HO Smudgley and I'll give them a ring tomorrow?

smudgley
11-03-2007, 08:40 PM
Cats Protection's National Offices:
Cats Protection
National Cat Centre
Chelwood Gate
Haywards Heath
Sussex
RH17 7TT
Tel: (Switchboard) 08707 708 649
Tel: (National Helpline) 08702 099 099
Tel: (Adoption Centre) 08707 708 650
E-mail: helpline@cats.org.uk (helpline@cats.org.uk)

Sweet
11-03-2007, 08:43 PM
Sounds like a very busy day Smudgley.....how was Scruffy's bath?

Sorry to hear about the Gentleman having to go into the hospital - hopefully nice homes can be found for his Cats - fingers and paws crossed they can be rehomed together.

A pregnant female - I hope also homes can be found for these too.

Keep up the good work.... x

dandysmom
11-03-2007, 08:45 PM
It's so discouraging sometimes: we can talk ourselves blue in the face about the importance of spaying and neutering, and people just don't listen or care....and here come all the pregnant cats into shelter...:cry:

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 08:46 PM
I've just sent off an email Smudgley, so I'll wait to hear if I get a response from that first. Thanks!