PDA

View Full Version : Urinating

RRR
11-03-2007, 12:12 AM
Lexi and Zoot are just over 4 months now and growing well, we've not had any problems at all with them... until now!!

Lexi has pee'd in our bed twice over the past fortnight and I haven't a clue why. Obviously I dont want her to do this again, is there anything I can do to stop her doing it?

Both times we've been in the house when she's done it.

alexgirl73
11-03-2007, 12:36 AM
Have you had anything new brought into the house at all RRR? Anything from a new piece of furniture to some new bedding! Or moved things around? If none of these, perhaps a vet check just to make sure she doesn't have any infection going on! Hope you get it sorted quickly!

dandysmom
11-03-2007, 03:18 AM
Or have you changed brands of litter? This can cause inappropriate urination; also, is she under any unusual stress?

Kobster
11-03-2007, 06:58 AM
My cat pees on my bed when she is upset with me, because my schedule has changed. It took a long time to narrow down what it was exactly that was upsetting her. Cats really are very sensitive to change. What may seem like nothing to you can be a big deal to a cat.

Also, I would just double check with your vet make sure he doesn't have a UTI

Fran
11-03-2007, 08:58 AM
I agree that stress / change can cause this to happen but I also think it would be worth a vets visit as I had a cat that suddenly started to wee on the dogs' beds and he had a urine infection...Do let us know how it goes

dinahsmum
11-03-2007, 11:24 AM
Can only agree with everyone else.
The reason they chose your bed is because they are 'troubled' (hurting with cystitis whatever, or panicked or stressed) so they go to the safest place in the house; the place that smells most of you. Not great practically but hopefully enough to stop you being angry with them. Br cross about the washing etc but don't stress the cat
You are washing your stuff in bio-powder aren't you - get out every pit of cat-pee smell?

Oh - just an extra thought - have you more than one litter tray? Could be she is getting scarey 'boy growing up' smells from her brother's use of the litter and that is rattling her.

RRR
11-03-2007, 10:47 PM
Thanks for your replies everyone, much appreciated.

Would there be any other signs of an infection?

I've actually just worked out the dates and the first time was last Friday night whilst we were actually in bed and the second was yesterday afternoon whilst we weren't in bed. Could that be an infection considering the time between the two instances?

I cant think of anything that we've changed or done differently over the past couple of weeks. We only have one litter tray that they both use, we did try two originally but they never used the one upstairs so we got rid of it.

What age do both females/males reach sexual maturity? They are both gonna be neutered next month at around 5 months old.

dinahsmum
12-03-2007, 09:47 AM
Would there be any other signs of an infection?

What age do both females/males reach sexual maturity? They are both gonna be neutered next month at around 5 months old.

Q1 - possibly spots of blood in the wee. Possibly a 'strange' smell
Q2 - I'm not an expert but I think Smudgley has talked of kittens becoming pregnant as young as 5 months! :shock: First call sort of thing.

Hope you get your situation sorted out soon. The more I mull it over the more I think sex is involved :) But I'm not a vet, so that is the safest route.