PDA

View Full Version : Does your cat like to play fetch?

LucySiamese
09-03-2007, 04:46 PM
Lucy loves to play fetch like a dog, she brings a ball to me and drops it at my feet and meows her head off until i throw it for her and she brings it back every time, i will post pictures of her playing fetch, ive never known a cat to play so much like a dog.
We usually have to play this game upstairs though as my springer Harvey likes to play fetch too and usually gets to the ball first! :D

Moli
09-03-2007, 10:40 PM
My oriential does that too, Casper the siamese carrys his toys around in his mouth....

dandysmom
09-03-2007, 10:50 PM
None of my moggies ever have, but my Aby male and my Pura male both liked to play fetch. They didn't initiate the game, but if I started the game they'd keep bringing it back until I got tired,,,,:D

alexgirl73
09-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I tried toplay this with my 3, they all looked at me like I was nuts, lol!

smudgley
09-03-2007, 11:52 PM
Our youngest is bonkers over her ball. :shock: She has a bouncy ball & will play for ages with it, she plays fetch & will bring it back until she's had enough & then she'll run off with it. :roll: She also likes to play in goal when her & John are playing football in the lounge. :oops:

LucySiamese
10-03-2007, 12:39 AM
My girl also likes to play ball on the stairs she will stand at the top and drop it and chase after it and then do the same over and over.
Theres usually about 5 balls on the bottom step by the evening.lol

dandysmom
10-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Oh Lucy, I'd forgotten about that game...Leia likes to sit at the top of the steps and I throw the ball up to her, and she chases it as it bounces down...thanks for the reminder, we haven't done that game in a while! :D Fun tonight!

smudgley
10-03-2007, 12:44 AM
My cat stands at the bottom of the stairs & hubby throws the bouncy ball up & she dives after it on its way down.

Janeburd
10-03-2007, 10:28 AM
My Mau plays this game too,not with a ball though she has her dolly its a white teddybear that she stole from the kids bedroom,Mau carries it allover the house even brings it to bed with her.Its funny because when ever she steals a teddy from the kids bedroom they are always white ones why is that do you think?Maybe something to do with kittens?They are born white arnt they?

dinahsmum
10-03-2007, 12:12 PM
"ball up the stairs" is a great game!
Mine all like those plastic guards you get on plugs on new electrical appliances.
And a piece of plastic coated wire/bag closure thing twisted into a spiral round your finger - it runs nicely and they find it easy to pick up and bring back

LucySiamese
10-03-2007, 11:12 PM
Ive heard its mainly siamese/orientals that like to play fetch i heard they are the cat breed most like a dog, Lucy likes almost anything shes not supposed to have she brought my dressing gown tie up down tonight lol, and was playing with it in front of the fire.

Mau, strange how your girl goes for white teddies, it could be because of kittens being white. bless her.

Dandysmom- sounds like leia is going to have fun tonight. lol :-)

It would be nice to see piccies of them all playing ball i have some nice pics of Lucy i will post some tomorow.

dandysmom
10-03-2007, 11:34 PM
Ive heard its mainly siamese/orientals that like to play fetch i heard they are the cat breed most like a dog, Lucy likes almost anything shes not supposed to have she brought my dressing gown tie up down tonight lol, and was playing with it in front of the fire.

Mau, strange how your girl goes for white teddies, it could be because of kittens being white. bless her.

Dandysmom- sounds like leia is going to have fun tonight. lol :-)

It would be nice to see piccies of them all playing ball i have some nice pics of Lucy i will post some tomorow.Yes, Leia did have fun...I'd forgotten that game! And a crinkled-up ball of foil makes a nice substitute ball,,,very light and easy to bat around...and pipecleaners make another good improvised toy!

yola
10-03-2007, 11:59 PM
Balie used to chase scrunched up paper balls when he was a kitten. We used to throw them down the stairs (4-storey townhouse :shock: ) and he used to hurtle all the way down and bring the ball back in his mouth to the top of the house.

But that when he was a little kittie. Too old, fat and lazy to do that now :roll: or maybe just a bit smarter ;)

sillylilykitty
03-09-2007, 07:06 PM
Lily LOVES to play fetch! Here is a video of her playing fetch with her favorite toy, her "sheepie". :-D

http://s59.photobucket.com/albums/g310/silly_lily_kitty/My%20silly%20Lily%20kitty/?action=view&current=fetch002.flv

LucySiamese
03-09-2007, 07:12 PM
I posted this thread ages ago :lol: Lily looks like shes having great fun there, shes quick on her feet too :D thanks for sharing the video :cool:

borderdawn
03-09-2007, 08:27 PM
Moose is a retriever, loves it, only with silver foil balls though.

sillylilykitty
03-09-2007, 08:40 PM
Oh yeah, Lily fetches her little white "sheepie" (its kinda like a cotton ball, but its a toy from the store. And she loves fetching toy mice.

Acebikerchick
03-09-2007, 08:54 PM
Ftumpsh will get her ball throw it in the air and jump up and catch it. I love it when shes playing..

Elaine
03-09-2007, 09:01 PM
Eva loves to chase foil balls but never returns any of them:roll: :lol:
Bernie just loves to play anything.

Fran
03-09-2007, 09:04 PM
Mildred (Oriental) loves to play retrieve. I've posted a vid of her in the past retrieving :lol:

dandysmom
03-09-2007, 09:09 PM
Sultan (Aby) used to play a sort of baseball game: he's sit on the mantle and I'd throw the crumpled foil up to him and he'd bat it across the room...he was good at it too!

babycakes
03-09-2007, 10:09 PM
Great vid, love the way she drops the ball and waits for it to be thrown.
This convinces me even more that Denis has oriental in him as he plays fetch too and always has. He also loves it when I throw food for him (bits of meat) that he chases and thinks he's caught!!!

Erin
03-09-2007, 11:32 PM
Milo LOVES his ball,and the dogs ball,and anything we throuw :roll: he chases them and brings them back if he feels like it :lol:

I Love Simba
04-09-2007, 12:33 AM
My oriential does that too, Casper the siamese carrys his toys around in his mouth....

My cat I had years ago that is now passed away used caryy her bird around the house in her mouth and meowed like a mother cat carring around her babies. Her Name was Precious

Darky
05-09-2007, 10:07 AM
My moggy Honey prefers to just grab toys and walk off with them in his mouth, it's so cute.

Janeburd
06-03-2008, 03:22 AM
OMG your lily looks just like my mau but she dosn,t bring her doll back she flings it over and over again in the air , what colour point is lily?,mau was given to me by someone who found her so i dont realy kno what colour she is ?
.jane.

Fran
06-03-2008, 07:38 AM
mau was given to me by someone who found her so i dont realy kno what colour she is ?
.jane.

Hi Jane, from the piccie in your profile, Mau looks like she could be a blue point. It's hard to tell as the piccie is not that big. Could you post a piccie of her and it'll be easier for us to help you ;)

danits_24
08-03-2008, 06:48 PM
It's so cute!!!

I wish mine would do so...

I can't wait to see some pic's...

angieh
08-03-2008, 07:39 PM
That's a great video - lovely cat, bet you could play with her all day!

Steph
10-03-2008, 01:22 PM
The late `Conker`(so called cos I rescued this little kitten from high up in a horse chestnut tree) used to love the stair game.

Cleo is far too refined to play such `boy` games-I roll a conker-she looks-and claws the stairs