07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
she`s lovely just look at those eyes:D :D

borderdawn
07-03-2007, 07:49 PM
and the hoovering??????? :mrgreen:
Dawn.

Mags
07-03-2007, 07:54 PM
She's beautiful Fran and her expression is so much more relaxed to her earlier pics.

yola
07-03-2007, 08:31 PM
She's lovely Fran :D I'm so glad your decision to take her has been vindicated :D

Fran
07-03-2007, 08:50 PM
and the hoovering??????? :mrgreen:
Dawn.

She seems to be coping ok with the hoover, unfortunately for me :roll: :-D

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 08:54 PM
She is absolutely gorgeous Fran, and those eyes!!!! so glad she is fitting in well. Any sign of a pregnancy yet?

Luke
07-03-2007, 09:18 PM
She's beautiful fran, and what fabulous eye colour!

Fran
07-03-2007, 09:19 PM
She is absolutely gorgeous Fran, and those eyes!!!! so glad she is fitting in well. Any sign of a pregnancy yet?

Not yet Alex...

Fran
07-03-2007, 09:20 PM
She's beautiful fran, and what fabulous eye colour!

Her eye colour is stunning Luke, it's her best feature :cool:

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
Let's hope it continues that way Fran!

Luke
07-03-2007, 09:21 PM
It really is amazing, such a strong blue.

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 09:28 PM
I noticed the stunning depth of eye color also, like a seal point's. She looks very regal in that pic, I'm delighted it's working out so well!

Fran
07-03-2007, 09:34 PM
She's totally Siamese bred, so she is pure Siamese. There are no Oriental matings in her ancestory to 'dilute' the eye colour, that's why I think it is so good. Porsha has an Oriental parent and a Siamese parent and whilst her eye colour is very good it doesn't compare to Ria's..

charliebubs
07-03-2007, 10:35 PM
She's a babe Fran!!! Gorgeous!!! :)

Sweet
08-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Ria is stunning Fran x

EmmaG
08-03-2007, 09:43 PM
My! what a stunner, what is her temperament like Fran??

Fran
08-03-2007, 09:58 PM
My! what a stunner, what is her temperament like Fran??

Very nervous Emma :( She's getting better by the day but I'm beginning to wonder if she will ever accept the dogs. She is great whilst they are in the garden or out and if they are sound asleep she may tentatively venture around them but if they are awake you don't see her for dust! :?

Moli
08-03-2007, 10:19 PM
Sh is so gorgeous PK, glad she has settled with the rest..

dandysmom
08-03-2007, 10:40 PM
Very nervous Emma :( She's getting better by the day but I'm beginning to wonder if she will ever accept the dogs. She is great whilst they are in the garden or out and if they are sound asleep she may tentatively venture around them but if they are awake you don't see her for dust! :?Forgive me, Fran, you know I'm not a dog person: I completely emphathize with Ria !!!! I'd be right behind her.....

Fran
08-03-2007, 10:50 PM
Forgive me, Fran, you know I'm not a dog person: I completely emphathize with Ria !!!! I'd be right behind her.....

I do empathize with her, I know not everyone likes dogs and she has never met one before coming here but if she would give them a little chance she will see that they really won't hurt her infact Maddie would be her best friend and stick up for against the others if they were picking on her. She can see all the other cats are comfortable around the dogs but she is scared stiff :( I'm hoping that she will come round given time...Bliss was terrified of them when she first came but came round, a lot sooner than this though :?

Moli
08-03-2007, 11:06 PM
Being that bit older, may take her a bit longer to get used to the dogs.

smudgley
08-03-2007, 11:22 PM
She looks lovely and it sounds like she's doing great too. The only thing that will help her relax around the dogs is..............time. :) Like you say, the other cats are happy & she can see that, so hopefully she too will learn to love them....but one step at a time. :cool:

Can I ask a Q Fran? :oops:
Explain to me about siamese & orientals? I've never really understood the difference :oops: I just know they're all beautiful :)

Fran
08-03-2007, 11:39 PM
Can I ask a Q Fran? :oops:
Explain to me about siamese & orientals? I've never really understood the difference :oops: I just know they're all beautiful :)

Orientals are 'non-pointed' Siamese i.e. they are solid coloured Siamese. Orientals have green eyes but Siamese being 'pointed' cats have blue eyes because blue eyes are linked to the pointed gene. You can get both Siamese and Orientals born in the same litter depending on the parents / pedigree :)

smudgley
08-03-2007, 11:55 PM
Orientals are 'non-pointed' Siamese i.e. they are solid coloured Siamese. Orientals have green eyes but Siamese being 'pointed' cats have blue eyes because blue eyes are linked to the pointed gene. You can get both Siamese and Orientals born in the same litter depending on the parents / pedigree :)

That's so interesting and I thought it was really complicated... didn't realise it was colour & both can be born in the same litter. :) What colour are all of your girls then Fran?

Fran
09-03-2007, 12:01 AM
That's so interesting and I thought it was really complicated... didn't realise it was colour & both can be born in the same litter. :) What colour are all of your girls then Fran?

Porsha is chocolate tortie point Siamese

Bliss is caramel tortie Oriental

Mildred is Brown (which is actually black :? ) spotted tabby Oriental

Ria is blue point Siamese and she is a pure Siamese i.e there are no Orientals in her pedigree which accounts for why her eye colour is so very good :cool:

Kobster
09-03-2007, 05:46 AM
She looks very regal in that pic