PDA

View Full Version : Changing image...

Moli
07-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Would you go for a complete change, hair, clothes etc, or just subtle changes???

Tanya
07-03-2007, 04:10 PM
I think it would be great to have a complete change. But saying that, I don't like my hair short. So maybe a chage in image would be a good idea, but keep my hair longer!

A major factor in preventing me from having a different image is money! But isn't that the same for most people?! ;)

Fran
07-03-2007, 04:12 PM
I don't think I would want a major change of image :?

Mags
07-03-2007, 04:15 PM
I don't think I could feel comfortable with a complete change of image ..... I am who I am :D Maybe a new hairstyle etc but not too drastic a change.....:?

yola
07-03-2007, 05:57 PM
Well after 25 years wearing little but black (and occasionally grey and white), following my colour analysis I am now gradually introducing colour into my wardrobe! That is a major change for me - believe me!

I love having my hair long but if I lost enough weight to be able to wear it with confidence I would seriously consider a very short, dramatic white/blonde hair cut. I'm not afraid of hair colour, only clothes colour LOL!!

If I could have a proper image consultant present me with a range of options I might be more willing to undertake a more radical restyle rather than just guessing at it myself.

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh I would love to go for a complete change of image. I'm fed up with dowdy old me, lol!! I'd love to have the confidence to wear some up to date clothes and have a funky hairdo. Oh well, I can dream, lol!!

yola
07-03-2007, 08:42 PM
Alex - you CAN!!! Although I was never (by my own admission and nobody elses) dowdy - which I'm sure you are not, I did have my own individual style that can only be described as 'quirky' LOL!!

It took quite a lot of soul-searching and false starts to get me into a high street fashion store and to even begin to see myself in any of the clothes therein.

I think if you are to do it yourself, you need to do it in small steps; ones that you can manage and that you are comfortable with. I think everyone should have a chance to be as happy with their appearance as they can be - start with accessories and tops and work your way up from there :-D :-D :-D Only then tackle your hair - once you've mastered the clothes you'll be ready for the hair!!

CathyW
07-03-2007, 08:45 PM
ive seen your piccy yola, u look lovely, dont need to change. (god how gay does that sound LOL)

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 08:47 PM
My prob is, I get most of my clothes from the local charity shop, and while there are some great items in there, they never seem to be in my size, lol!! And I am absolutely pathetic at trying to accesorize and put items together, so therefore I live in my jeans, jumpers and trainers (boots in the winter, lol)

yola
07-03-2007, 11:25 PM
Alex love . . . we need to go SHOPPING!!!!!! :D

What's Telford like for clothes shops??? Not that far to the Trafford Centre, eh??

BM - that's very sweet of you to say so, thank you . . . but I have to admit, I did have a bit of a (male) gay fraternity when at art school . . . :shock: :oops: :shock:

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 11:33 PM
Yola, nothing to blush about; I have several close gay friends, both now and when I was working..............

whiskey
08-03-2007, 01:30 PM
i can`t say i would want a complete change because i tend to think you are what you are however im always changing my hair styles i tend to go from one extreme to another.i dont tend to stick to fashion because it changes so often i kind of make my own fashion:-D

dinahsmum
08-03-2007, 05:00 PM
If it were me I think I'd do it in stages. Not easy though - unless your lifestyle is changing too. You are what you are, after all.
I think I'd start with either hair style or hair colour (not both at once).
I could be really amazing and only wear skirts - that would be a real change!

alexgirl73
08-03-2007, 06:14 PM
Telford has a quite a good shopping centre Yola. It has shops like Beatties, Faith, Monsoon, H & M, Morgan, Next etc! And all under cover thank goodness. I love going round the high street shops in summer, but in winter I prefer to be warm and cosy, lol!

Moli
08-03-2007, 07:11 PM
Another question, do you think if you change your hair colour and dress completely different, it will change you???

Mags
08-03-2007, 07:14 PM
Another question, do you think if you change your hair colour and dress completely different, it will change you???
Quite honestly, no :( ........ you are who you are inside.... it may give you a boost for a while though...

yola
08-03-2007, 08:24 PM
No - I don't think it would essentially change you. However it might give you more confidence and therefore present an outward change to others.

Sweet
08-03-2007, 08:49 PM
Well I love shopping.....but I am also hopeless at times working out what styles etc...suit me best !

I have changed my image recently, I used to have much longer hair, decided to cut it and it gave me a new more confident me, I felt drab with it longer, its not that thick and it was dragging me down. x

dandysmom
08-03-2007, 08:56 PM
No, I agree that changes may boost your self-confidence, but it won't really change the inner real you.

Fran
09-03-2007, 12:54 AM

No! You are what you are no matter what colour/length hair you have and what clothes you put on in a morning..People either like you for what you are or can leave you alone imo..