PDA

View Full Version : packing up a house with a cats help

CathyW
07-03-2007, 10:05 AM
place box on floor, turn to shelf pick up item, turn back to box take cat out the box :lol: pick up item go to put item in box remove cat (again)
think its going to take a long time with their help :-D also all the boxes have been cheeked by reggie so they are now *his*
ronnie also got himself shut in the spare room with all the boxes, :lol:
oh the joys of moving with 2 cats :-D

dinahsmum
07-03-2007, 10:10 AM
I can imagine Cathy!

When do you actually move? What will you do with the boys? Just put them in carriers and let them howl in the car? I've never had a lot of success with cat-sedatives.

CathyW
07-03-2007, 10:18 AM
I can imagine Cathy!

When do you actually move? What will you do with the boys? Just put them in carriers and let them howl in the car? I've never had a lot of success with cat-sedatives.should be going in early april,
the boys are good just pop them in their carriers, they just curl up n go to sleep. so does the dog.
now if it had been barnaby he screeched n howled all the way down the motorway, and that was WITH a sedtive from the vets.he was staggering around, but wouldnt shout up :shock:

Mags
07-03-2007, 10:52 AM
I hope all goes well with the packing BM, try not to get too stressed.....

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 11:12 AM
Good luck with it all BM! Sounds like sooooo much fun, lol!

CathyW
07-03-2007, 01:44 PM
I hope all goes well with the packing BM, try not to get too stressed.....i wont OH has been doing the bulk of it, i wont carry any boxes either, got a nice man coming to do the removal as well. all i have to do is supply the tea/coffee/biccys :)

whiskey
07-03-2007, 03:07 PM
what is it with cats they seem to think there helping when infact there not:-D hope all goes well with your move:D

Fran
07-03-2007, 04:11 PM
Certainly sounds like fun at your house right now!! Good luck with the packing :D

Elaine
07-03-2007, 06:20 PM
All the best with your move BM xxx

CathyW
07-03-2007, 06:50 PM
im having a non-packing day today, but they are still zooming around, they know we are moving (they have done it b4)
about a week before the actul move ill get their carriers out, let them get used to them, knowing ronnie he will sleep in one, (he loves boxes n stuff)

Liz
07-03-2007, 09:36 PM
Good luck with the move, we did it in July 06 with 37 cats, a lot of nice yellow pills from the vet for some of the ferals - only way to touch and box them.

Chuck in 2 dogs it was hell but worth it in the end once we had trapped all our little darlings when they broke a window and excaped the day after we had moved and we spent 6 months and a lot of sneaky ways to get them all home!

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 09:56 PM
Oh my, I don't envy you! I only moved once as an adult, from the rental house of my dad's to my own house...it was only about a half-mile away. The night before a friend who drove took up my cat's favorite chair, litter box and food and water dishes for the back room; the next morning before the movers were due, I took my Siamese up in his carrier and left him in the back room with a note on the door for the movers not to open this door! He screamed constantly from about 10 am until about 4 pm when the movers finally left: I never knew a cat could scream that long and not get laryngitis! Yours sound really mellow about the move!

yola
07-03-2007, 11:32 PM
Cathy - I hope the move goes as smoothly as possible!!! Fancy, you'll no longer be a Londoner :shock: Seriously though, I hope Winchester suits both you, Charlie and all the 4-legged crew down to the ground - it's a lovely city . . . enjoy :D

Sweet
08-03-2007, 09:11 PM
Sounds like fun in your house at the mo.. x