PDA

View Full Version : Playing Peek-aboo

Sunnybuns
05-03-2007, 10:51 PM
I know this is a little silly, but i love playing peekaboo with my cat, he goes nuts! I don't know if it angers him or if he loves it when I hide somewhere and duck down and stare at him. His eyes then get all big and he gets really excited and runs towards me and well...tries to wack me with his paw. Sometimes, he runs after me when he sees me taking off after spying on him. Do cats like this? He is the only cat so I try to keep him amused haha. Is this normal play for cats? or is it just annoying him? I can't tell if he likes this since he seems to attack me after playing peekaboo with him....

EmmaG
05-03-2007, 10:56 PM
lol I am sure he is playing, Bronwyn loves to do this, she will get in the bath (obviously no water ;) ) and if she sees me she will duck down and so will I and we will both slowly raise our heads until we see each other and then one or us (or both) will drop out heads down again so we cannot see each other, then she will give out a cherup noise and the run after me!!! lol

Mad cat ;)

dandysmom
05-03-2007, 11:00 PM
How old is he? Sounds to me as if he's trying to play the kitten-chase game with you...one kitten will chase the other, then the chasee turns around and becomes the chaser...as long as he does this gently with claws in I can see no harm in it, and he seems to be enjoying it. But if he does get overly carried away with claws out, I'd stop it and try another game....the feather tease, catch the mouse etc. IMO

Mags
05-03-2007, 11:04 PM
Sounds to me like he enjoys playing with you and as Dandysmom says, if he gets too rough, try playing with a feather or toy on a rod.........:lol:

Fran
05-03-2007, 11:46 PM
Sounds like he is having lots of fun!! Being the only cat he obviously sees you as his playmate and this behaviour is what he would exhibit if he had another feline playmate. Enjoy! Sounds great fun :D

alexgirl73
06-03-2007, 09:03 AM
Aw, that sounds wonderful. As the others have said, you're obviously his playmate and he's enjoying chasing you! So cute!

Sunnybuns
07-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Thank you for your replies! Sunny is a 1 year old male kitty so he does have ALOT of energy. I have since played peek-aboo with him and today also! It is soo cute and funny. He will pounce towards me and give me a wack on my leg but his claws are not out so I guess it is a friendly wack haha. Then, I chase him and he runs and then I run and he chases me back! This only happens when we are playing peek-aboo with each other. Anyway, thanks for assuring me that it is friendly play and that I am not annoying him! I am going to play peek-aboo with him more often now.:p

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 02:59 AM
Glad we assured you that's this is normal play, and that he's being gentle (claws in)...have fun with your peek-a-boo game with the little guy! Any chance of pictures of him?

Jasper
09-03-2007, 12:40 PM
I have 4 kitties. SO I don't "Have" to be a play for amusment... But one thinks she's a lapcat, one hates me..., One is afraid of everyone but me., and one I barely see.. she's always sleeping.

Moli
09-03-2007, 03:22 PM
My sons cat Leo does this with him, they chase each other round the house!Its the only way to ge Leo to exercise!

LucySiamese
09-03-2007, 04:41 PM
My lucy loves to play this game, but her claws are sometimes out cos she gets over excited, she loves to play chase... we have laminate flooring throughout downstairs and she charges about like a lunatic and she sounds like an elephant. lol

Sunnybuns
09-03-2007, 07:27 PM
Dandysmom: I do have pictures of my cat Sunny under the cat pictures section under the title "Pictures of Our Sunny". But, I do have some new pictures and videos that I will post up soon and I have videos of playing peek-aboo! His eyes are sooo big in the videos, he looks hilarious.
LucySiamese: My cat makes a noise sometimes, I think someone earlier mentioned a cherub sound, like a quick clap of the lips. I don't know what it means, but I believe it is a friendly sound. It is very funny when they start running through the house, but when it comes to knocking stuff down, then I gotta step in and get a toy to expend my cat's energy.

prrrrfect
15-03-2007, 01:04 AM
both bagheera and leggy love this game. And...:oops: so do i. Hehe...its nice to see them having a good time