PDA

View Full Version : Hi, I'm New to catsey

sassiecath
05-03-2007, 09:33 AM
Hi everyone. I'm new here. I have 2 cat's we saved out here when they were babies. A choc. tabby (Inky, age 2) & a red tabby (Tiki, age 3) he was very sick when we found him. He is the one I'm joining for. He has heath issues & has ended up being a costly little guy, but we try to keep him going.

Right now I'm trying to find a affordable low fat food for him that I don't have to buy from a vet.(Too costly) But true to cat's nature, he is a picky eater. Any sugestions?

We almost lost him last month. X-Ray's showed he has a pancreatic disorder that causes all the fat to surround his organs. But he looks thin because the nutrition is not going to the right places. Though he was eating well when he got sick, Blood Test showed his liver enzime count indicated his body was feeding on itself. So we have to keep him on high calorie, low fat diet.

Anyway, Hope to get some good ideas from some of you along the way.

SassieCath....

dinahsmum
05-03-2007, 10:00 AM
Hi Cath - welcome to Catsey!
Here's my welcome pic
[attach-center]56[/attach-center]

I'm going to copy over your nutrition question for Tiki into the Diet & Nutrition section, as more people may answer it there and it'll be in the 'right' place for other people doing searches in the future.
I'll do my attempt at an answer there too!l

Sweet
05-03-2007, 10:10 AM
Hi and welcome to Catsey x

sassiecath
05-03-2007, 10:14 AM
Hi dinahsmum,

Wow that pic looks a lot like Tiki. He loves to sleep like that too.

Thanks for the help. I appreciate it.

I can't seem to get my photo of my cats down to the right size. Just got my computer back & don't have my photo software reloaded yet. Hopfully I can post a pic of my 2 guys later.

Thanks again,
SassieCath...

dinahsmum
05-03-2007, 10:19 AM
Hey - sorry I jumped in and copied your post - I didn't realise you were on line. I read you were in the US and assumed you'd be asleep but of course California is far enough behind for us to be tapping early and you to be tapping late!
I've got a nephew in LA.
The red beauty in my welcome pic is Chester. I think all reds have the same brain cell deficiency, caused by sleeping upside down on their heads! :lol: He's coming up to his first birthday.
Look forward to your pics when you can

Fran
05-03-2007, 10:33 AM
[attach-center]220[/attach-center]

Hi Cath and welcome to Catsey. Look forward to chatting to you. Here's a link to help you post piccies..

www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195 (http://www.catsey.com/showthread.php?t=8195)

If you get a photobucket acount then it will usually resize your piccies for you. Look forward to seeing some piccies of your furbabies

sassiecath
05-03-2007, 10:56 AM
heading to bed now, Thanks. :)

Mags
05-03-2007, 11:42 AM
[attach-center]102[/attach-center]

Hi Cath :smt039 welcome to our friendy site ........ looking forward to chatting to you :D

tilly
05-03-2007, 01:23 PM
HI and welcome to Catsey.Hope we can help you with your problem.

Sally

yola
05-03-2007, 02:06 PM
Hello, and a very warm welcome to Catsey. Look forward to chatting soon :D

[attach-center]75[/attach-center]

charliebubs
05-03-2007, 02:36 PM
Hello and welcome to Catsey!!!

:)

alexgirl73
05-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Hi! Welcome to our very friendly site. Looking forward to hearing lots more from you!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/alexgirl73-2.jpg

sarahd
07-03-2007, 01:13 AM
Hi Cath
Welcome to Catsey. Enjoy :)

Sarah
x

dandysmom
07-03-2007, 03:23 AM
Hi, Cath, and welcome to the friendly forum! Looking forward to chatting with you!http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v205/Mags40/Catsey%20graphic/dandysmomwelcomegraphic.jpg

whiskey
07-03-2007, 03:08 PM
:D hello and welcome to catsey cant wait to see some pics of you kittys:D