PDA

View Full Version : Male or female?

smudgley
04-03-2007, 02:09 PM
This morning I microchipped a cat for a lady.
The cat was called "poppy" when it arrived.
HOWEVER
The cat was called Mr Snuggles when it left.....:-D

it was a little boy!

dinahsmum
04-03-2007, 02:13 PM
Amazing what microchipping can do!
But somethimes it's not so easy to tell - or maybe she had been told the wrong sex? Most people wouldn't necessarily check up?

smudgley
04-03-2007, 02:16 PM
Amazing what microchipping can do!
But somethimes it's not so easy to tell - or maybe she had been told the wrong sex? Most people wouldn't necessarily check up?

It's a 12 week old kitten, that she had via CP - but it was a "home-from-home", which means we basically home check the new owners - find them a cat, but it goes from one home directly to another.... it hasn't been to the vets yet for a health check & vaccine - but is booked in tomorrow - she was told by the people who she had it off that it was a girl, but when I checked it was a boy... she wasn't bothered at all.... he was a lovely long haired tabby & white. :cool:

Kazz
04-03-2007, 02:34 PM
I imagine lots of people make the mistake.
I know my Mom said there was a cat when she was a girl just before the war who was called Tom :) but Tom had had
at least one litter of kittens every year - they never changed his name from Tom. Because my Mom's grandad always had a Tom cat at the shop/house to keep the mice down - he wouldn't entertain a she cat.

My Nan had a cat always called Puss, quite non commital I think she learnt from her father in law better safe than sorry.

alexgirl73
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
That sounds rather familiar to me, wonder why??? LOL!

sammy
04-03-2007, 03:34 PM
Years ago we had a female cat who we named Benny, just because she looked like Benny from 'Top Cat'! :-D

And like Alex, we had a female Teddy. She started out as Minnie the Minx, but ended up as Teddy cos she was just so cuddly! :D

Sweet
04-03-2007, 04:48 PM
Great story Smudgley x

Fran
04-03-2007, 05:52 PM
:lol: I can just imagine the new owner's surprise :-D

dandysmom
04-03-2007, 08:58 PM
That gave me a good laugh, Smudgley!