PDA

View Full Version : Soon its going to be goodbye Tigger xxx

janey83
04-03-2007, 12:16 PM
Hi,
As most of you know, Tigger hasnt been well since the end of last year.
He's been trying to go to the toilet for a few days but nothins happening, he's not eating at all and he hasnt go any muscles left in his back legs, where i use to love touching n seeing how strong he was, but now theres hardly anthing there.
This morning i saw him trying to go the toilet again and when he came in he started washing his bits, n i thought id just have a look and i noticed that somethin was coming out! (not feaces, but flesh) So i told my dad and my dad phoned the emergency vets and they said bring him in at 3.50pm today, and thats when my baby brother is going to go over the rainbow!

I'll miss him so so so so so much.
I cant stop crying, ill be loosin my best friend.
So just thought id let you all know whats happening.

dinahsmum
04-03-2007, 12:22 PM
A sad day for you Janey.
You are giving him the greatest gift - relief from suffering. x

IF I SHOULD GROW FRAIL

If it should be that I grow frail and weak
And pain does keep me from my sleep,
Then will you do what must be done
for this - the last battle -can't be won.

You will be sad I understand
But don't let grief then stay your hand.
For on this day, more than the rest
Your love and friendship must stand the test.

We have had so many happy years,
You wouldn't want me to suffer so.
When the time comes, please, let me go.

Take me to where my needs they'll tend,
Only, stay with me till the end.
And hold me firm and speak to me
Until my eyes no longer see.

I know in time you will agree
It is a kindness you do to me.
Although my tail its last has waved,
From pain and suffering I have been saved.

Don't grieve that it must now be you
Who has to decide this thing to do.
We've been so close - we two -these years,
Don't let your heart hold any tears.

(author unknown)

Mags
04-03-2007, 12:27 PM
Oh Jane, I'm so, so sorry to hear this :(

Tigger has been your loving pet for so long and I know this is going to be very difficult for you but you will be giving Tigger the kindest gift you can by releasing him from his pain and misery:(

Be brave, I'll be thinking of you ((((( hugs )))) xx

Sending a special cuddle for a special boy too .... xx

Fran
04-03-2007, 12:32 PM
Oh Janey, I am so very sorry to be reading this :(

You are doing the kindest, most loving ever for Tigger by letting him go with dignity.

{{{Big hugs for you}}} keep strong for Tigger x

tilly
04-03-2007, 12:38 PM
Janey I am so very sorry to hear that the time has come for Tigger to leave us. I am sure that he is glad that you have the strength to let him go.

((HUGS)) to both of you

Sally

yola
04-03-2007, 01:34 PM
Jane - I'm so very sorry you've had to make this decision about Tigger. As you say, he hasn't been well and it is the best and kindest thing you can do for a much loved pet when the time comes - and sadly that time has come :cry:

I will be thinking of you both over the coming hours - give that lovely boy all the hugs and cuddles possible in the time that's left. Hugs to you all.

Kazz
04-03-2007, 02:10 PM
I am so very sorry to hear your news. Tigger is a much loved cat who has the best of lives.
From your posts we can "hear and feel" your love for him; you want whats best for him - regardless of the cost to yourself, that just proves what he's always known he's always safe with you.
And I think "safety" to a cat is all important, to never realise a human hand can do anything but bring joy, and words of anger are never meant for his ears.

Thats true love.

Better a day to soon, I will be thinking of you, this afternoon. Take care Karen

smudgley
04-03-2007, 02:21 PM
Oh I'm so sad to read this... I feel like I know some of the cats on here so well when I've never met them. We have heard tales of Tigger so often.....
This is a very difficult time for you.

I hope you can take comfort from DM's poem & understand that what you are doing is for the best.

As Kazz would say - it's better a day to soon than a day too late.

Best wishes,
thinking of you.

{hugs}

alexgirl73
04-03-2007, 02:42 PM
Oh Jane! I am so sorry to hear this. Take comfort in the fact that you have given Tigger so much love and that you are showing that love to him one final time. It is so hard I know, but you are doing the right thing.

I will be thinking of you

(hugs) xx

Kim
04-03-2007, 02:50 PM
I'm so sorry to read this. It is so hard losing such a special friend. Take comfort in the fact that you have given him a great life and that now he is suffering, he needs you to end his life peacefully. Will be thinking of you and sending ((hugs))

sammy
04-03-2007, 03:45 PM
So sorry to read this Jane. I know how very hard this day will be for you, and how much you will miss Tigger. As others have said you are doing one last kind thing for him now, to release him from any pain and suffering.

Take comfort that he had a long and happy life with you and hold close all the happy memories you have of him.

Thinking of you,

{{{{hugs}}}}

Sammy.xxx

Sweet
04-03-2007, 04:40 PM
Just reading this......:(

((((((hugs))))))) x x x

Donna
04-03-2007, 04:59 PM
So sorry to hear this x

dandysmom
04-03-2007, 05:44 PM
Oh Jane, I am do sorry to hear this...it's so hard to say goodbye. But he has had a happy well loved life with you, and you're giving him the last best gift: an end to pain. My thoughts will be with you today. (((hugs)))

EmmaG
04-03-2007, 06:21 PM
Sorry to hear that Jane, (((hugs to you)))

CathyW
04-03-2007, 07:18 PM
sorry to hear of your loss, (((hugs)))

Kazz
04-03-2007, 07:23 PM
I hope Jane is alright, maybe I pray the news is not what she was expecting.

I hope not too loose one so loved is hard.