PDA

View Full Version : Teddies Progress

Pages : [1] 2

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 01:24 PM
(thanks for that suggestion DM!):)

Well, so far nothing to actually report:D ! No runs, no poos on the floor or in the litter tray, so that is a massive improvement on yesterday. She has been metrinadazoled, hills id'd, canikur'd, feliway sprayed and recue remedied lol!!:lol: Poor baby! But at the moment it's making some sort of difference. When she actually does have a movement I will let you all know.

Fran
01-03-2007, 01:27 PM
Awww bless her, I'm pleased there hasn't been any further diarrhoea :cool:

dinahsmum
01-03-2007, 01:38 PM
I guess 'no poos is good poos' :roll:
Still eating well Alex?
Fingers crossed for a good, permanent, recovery

Kim
01-03-2007, 02:11 PM
Fingers crossed then Alex!

Mags
01-03-2007, 02:47 PM
That's good news today Alex ....... fingers crossed it continues;)

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 02:51 PM
Still no poo lol! However, I have just been and visited the recommended vet, and he's very nice! He will be away next week and so Teddie is booked in a week on monday to see him. He did say that he would have a locum covering his practice, but would rather see her himself! I told him that she is on metronidazole again and eating hills id. He then asked me if I had any canikur granules!!!!! That made me feel as if he actually knew what he was talking about, I said yes she was having them also and he's quite happy with the eating plan as it stands. He agrees that the most likely cause is IBS, and this is what he will be checking her for when he sees her. So ladies, I think you can all give yourselves a massive pat on the back as you obviously know more than some vets do!! I feel much happier with this vets manner and knowledge and we will see how he does with Teddie in just over a week!

Mags
01-03-2007, 03:02 PM
Brilliant!! That vet sounds a lot more promising Alex ........ he actually sounded interested in Teddie's case too :D

Looking forward to hearing how you get on Monday week!:D

dinahsmum
01-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Now that does sound good.
Hope he has a good holiday and comes back refreshed and ready to sort Teddie out. Or even better, that she just thrives in the next 10 days and you are able to set a date for speying and then just getting on with living.

Animagus
01-03-2007, 03:13 PM
Thats great news about Teddie and the new vet.... hope everything continues to well xx

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 03:17 PM
Well, Teddie has just poo'd!!! I went in to the kitchen to find she had done some behind the door, but I actually smelt it before I was in the kitchen and that was a change because for the last few weeks there has been no smell at all. There was some shaped stuff and a lot of watery stuff but when I went to the litter tray there was more! She had done one which look absolutely fab (you know what I mean) with some wet stuff at the end of it and then another pile of the wet runny stuff, but massive improvement over what has been going on. So here's hoping we continue to go in this direction!

dinahsmum
01-03-2007, 03:25 PM
Thanks for sharing! :roll: ;) :)
Sounds like progress - good if it can all be in the box next time though

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 03:28 PM
YW DM!!! lol!!

Hopefully yes, but hey, one step at a time!

Animagus
01-03-2007, 03:34 PM
LOL very descriptive news regarding the progress of Teddie's poo:smt078

:lol: lol hope it keeps getting better though

charliebubs
01-03-2007, 03:43 PM
10/10 and gold star for descriptions Alex!!!!! lol

Especially when it's lunch time!!!!! hahahahaha

Seriously though, I'm so pleased that there has been some improvement and that new vet sounds wonderful. I really hope that she continues to improve and that he can pinpoint the problem and give you a solution.

More hugs to both of you ((((xx))))
:)

Mags
01-03-2007, 04:06 PM
Woohoo..... a semi solid poo!!! :-D

Sweet
01-03-2007, 05:45 PM
Great isnt it when they get their poos right ;)

Seriously, this is great news, and great news things are moving forward with the new Vet x

sammy
01-03-2007, 06:02 PM
Really hope this is the beginning of the end of Teddie's troubles.

Note to self: don't read 'Teddie' threads whilst eating!:smt044

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 06:13 PM
:oops: :oops: sorry to all who were eating while reading my previous post:-D I just got so excited when I saw how well she had done, lol!! I shall try to be less descriptive in future:lol:

Fran
01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
:lol: I had to laugh at your detailed description!! But I know exactly how you feel and how exciting it is when you get a half normal poo!!!

I'm so glad things are improving and that you seem to have found a vet who cares :cool:

sammy
01-03-2007, 06:15 PM
Don't be daft Alex, I'm just messing! Just good to hear some good news about Teddie!

Kazz
01-03-2007, 07:53 PM
You carry on with the descriptions.....we love them
poo news as it could be called....:) Sounds very incouraging you should remember to mention about the smell or lack of it to the vet Alex may mean the right enzymes are not working in her gut....just a thought. Write down best descriptions you can of symptoms, what eaten the result tc etc while its still fresh for 10 days of relative "success" could dull your memory. Also little things like the smell etc how she was important I would think more information is better than none.

Karen

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 07:58 PM
Good idea Karen, I will do exactly that! This poor man is going to wonder what has hit him when I walk in with Teddie, lol!

Elaine
01-03-2007, 08:10 PM
Thats an excellent suggestion Karen.
Pleased you have found a vet that sounds much more promising than the last one and so pleased there seems to be some improvement with Teddie.
As always, lots of love and best wishes to you all xxx

Kazz
01-03-2007, 08:18 PM
It could be worse Alex if your phone has an internet connection thingy when he says anymore questions you could say "hold on I will ask her 47 Aunties" :) poor chap wouldn't know what had hit him.

Fran
01-03-2007, 08:25 PM
It could be worse Alex if your phone has an internet connection thingy when he says anymore questions you could say "hold on I will ask her 47 Aunties" :) poor chap wouldn't know what had hit him.

:lol: @ Kazz!!

dandysmom
01-03-2007, 08:56 PM
That news brightened my day, Alex!!! The new vet sounds very promising, let's hope and pray that she keeps well till she sees him. I'm reading this after I PM'd you!

alexgirl73
01-03-2007, 09:06 PM
LOL @ Kazz from me too! Can you imagine the look on his face????

I have just given her a bath poor thing. She had lots of 'bits' stuck to her fur from the last few days, and I didn't want to give her one until she seemed a bit more settled, so as not to stress her further, and also because there was no point, it would have been the same the next day. She is now sitting beside the radiator licking herself for all she's worth, lol!! Nothing further to report on the poo front!

Moli
01-03-2007, 09:07 PM
Brilliant Alex, sounds as if this one knows what he is talking about......Looking forward to the update once Teddie has seen him...

smudgley
01-03-2007, 10:05 PM
:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 I guess 'no poos is good poos' :roll:

:smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005 :smt005

smudgley
01-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Really pleased to read the poo news!
I think Kazz's idea of a diary is great. Write down a short / to the point diary of events in the poo/food department for the vet. :)

dandysmom
01-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Clever Kazz! That was such a good idea, wonder why no one thought of it before...?

tilly
01-03-2007, 11:47 PM
Great to hear the Teddie is doing better and that you have found a nicer vet.

Sally

alexgirl73
02-03-2007, 09:17 AM
Teddie go to sleep with her mummy last night, woo hoo!! She hadn't done any more drips on the floor, so I decided to risk it, and she was as good as gold all night. When she realised she was getting to be beside me she started purring and didn't stop for nearly an hour bless her! She hasn't done anything this morning yet, so no poo report as yet, lol!!

Fran
02-03-2007, 09:23 AM
Oh this is good news :D

Mags
02-03-2007, 09:45 AM
That is good news Alex!!

Sweet
02-03-2007, 10:05 AM
Fingers and paws crossed here x

dinahsmum
02-03-2007, 10:05 AM
*smiles with satisfaction*

sammy
02-03-2007, 11:13 AM
Awww bless, how lovely for her - and you! :D

alexgirl73
02-03-2007, 02:26 PM
She's done another poo, still very wet and loose, but all in the litter tray this time, so I think the flatulence is starting to settle, so hopefully the rest of it will follow on!!

Fran
02-03-2007, 02:31 PM
Excellent news Alex :D

charliebubs
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
That's wonderful news Alex!!

I was only joking about the descriptions too!! lol :) You be as descriptive as you like. I know how excited you must be getting.........and the rest of us too!!! :)

tilly
02-03-2007, 03:32 PM
Great news

Sally

dinahsmum
02-03-2007, 03:59 PM
She's done another poo, still very wet and loose, but all in the litter tray this time, so I think the flatulence is starting to settle, so hopefully the rest of it will follow on!!
Good
Seems 'right' that she doesn't go from liquid to brick in one go - a gradual improvement, working up to fine!, over a few days. More natural.
If she's not so gassy she'll be feeling much more comfortable

Kay
02-03-2007, 05:25 PM
That is such good news. Well done Teddie keep up the good work.

alexgirl73
02-03-2007, 10:20 PM
OMG!!!!!!! Someone has taken my Teddie Bear and replaced her with a pod cat!!!!! Seriously folks, this is not the same little cat who was very ill 3 days ago! She has just been playing and running about like a nutcase, stalking a feather on a stick toy! She was actually jumping up the wall to try and get it, and the speed of her!!!!!!!!! The energy she has is unbelievable!! I'm absolutely gobsmacked to be honest. You honestly would not believe this is the same cat. The Hills is doing wonders for her, she feels full and it is obviously giving her all the energy that she wasn't getting from the fish, because even at her best poo wise with the fish, she NEVER played or ran about like this.

dandysmom
02-03-2007, 10:34 PM
That is teriffic news, Alex! I'm so happy for you both...:D :D :D

Fran
02-03-2007, 10:56 PM
Oh Alex, I am so, so pleased to be reading this :D

Animagus
02-03-2007, 11:16 PM
:smt026 Alex that is fantastic news

Way to go Teddie......:pom

Hope she keeps getting better and better...... Keep up the good work and glad you found a good vet who listens....

:smt081 Loadsa ((((((((hugs)))))))) for Teddie xx

charliebubs
02-03-2007, 11:18 PM
That is so wonderful Alex!!! She must be feeling so much better in herself as well as poo wise then.

Bless her!!! :)

Hope everything continues to improve!!! :)

dandysmom
02-03-2007, 11:21 PM
Alex, you've made an awful lot of people happy with that news....:D

alexgirl73
02-03-2007, 11:30 PM
Isn't it wonderful!!!! Thank you all so much for your support and good wishes for this little girl!

http://i100.photobucket.com/albums/m12/alexgirl73/PICT0076.jpg

Fran
02-03-2007, 11:33 PM
and what a beautiful little girl she is too Alex :smt007

alexgirl73
02-03-2007, 11:35 PM
Worth all the upset and worry isn't she??

Fran
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM
Worth all the upset and worry isn't she??

She certainly is Alex!

charliebubs
02-03-2007, 11:36 PM
She sure is Alex. Gorgeous little bear. (((hugs))) to her!! :)

Mags
02-03-2007, 11:38 PM
Fantastic news Alex!! It's good to hear that Teddie is enjoying playing at last :D

dandysmom
02-03-2007, 11:40 PM
What a sweet little face....nothing like the grumpy Xmas avatar!! Bless her, she looks so cute!

catsinc4
02-03-2007, 11:43 PM
awwwwwwwwww she is so cute and so pleased to hear she is feeling so much better

dinahsmum
03-03-2007, 10:26 AM
:pom :pom :pom
:smt041
:-D :-D :-D

yola
03-03-2007, 03:14 PM
Alex - I'm SO happy to read that at least Teddie seems to be feeling better. I hope to goodness for her and for your sake this continues for the forseeable future. Lots of love to you both.

Kazz
03-03-2007, 03:46 PM
Okay can we recap.Lovely Teddie is feeling better and Poo's better, and you're feeling positive. :)

But what has changed....what are you feeding her and adding to her food/water???? we need to understand what it is that makes her better than she was before we relise what makes her worse?

Karen

alexgirl73
03-03-2007, 04:02 PM
Right, she is on hills i.d prescription diet dry, with added canikur granules. She is also on the metronidazole that I found behind all my jars in my fridge. There is only a tiny amount left in it, but I may be able to salvage enough out of the bottle to do her until the vet sees her a week on monday! From what the vet was saying, this is probably the route he would go down with her anyway, and he will be looking at IBS as the most likely cause of her problems. If that is the case she will probably be in the i.d for life, with metronidazole used if her symptoms flare up, as that is the drug of choice for treatment. I'm not sure why she can't eat other foods as yet, but this will be a question to ask the vet. She did another poo this morning, which was still wet, but there is more shape appearing to it, so looking very positive at the moment.

dandysmom
03-03-2007, 05:25 PM
Sounding good, Alex! Can hardly wait to hear what the vet has to say...he does sound as if he knows what he's talking about, and more important, cares!!

Kazz
03-03-2007, 06:09 PM
Excellent news I would write it down. In diary form and write down how much she has and when and the results........Poo wise.......the more and clearer the information the vet has the better he can treat. I must admit my diary about Oscar was "invaluable" in his continued care.

Karen

alexgirl73
03-03-2007, 06:46 PM
Oh it is all written down Kazz. That was an excellent suggestion from you. It is amazing that she is now down to using the litter tray to poo twice a day from 7 or 8! And there has been slight improvement with each one she has done. Put it this way, she managed to scoff a tiny piece of cheese that my OH dropped in the floor last night, and there have been no repercussions from it!!! Whereas this time last week it would have made her 10 times worse. And I swear I can see a difference in size with her already!

Kazz
03-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Just remember baby steps always baby steps - as fast as we go forward sometimes we can slip back - thats nature for you.

But jot down the little things too like the cheese - the after effects may come a little later but at least you'll know why.

Karen

alexgirl73
03-03-2007, 06:53 PM
Done!!!!!!!

Fran
03-03-2007, 07:06 PM
This is all sounding so very positive Alex!! I am hoping that the new vet will live up to expectations and that Teddie continues to go from strength the strength :)

Elaine
03-03-2007, 08:48 PM
Great news Alex and she is such a lovely little girl. xxx

sammy
03-03-2007, 08:58 PM
So pleased to hear she's doing so well! Keep it up Teddie! :D

Mags
04-03-2007, 11:31 AM
This is good news Alex ......... well done to you and Teddie!:D

charliebubs
04-03-2007, 02:23 PM
I'm so pleased to hear this Alex. What good news!!! :)

yola
04-03-2007, 04:10 PM
Not much else to say other than I'm delighted that Teddie is ever-improving :-D

alexgirl73
04-03-2007, 06:50 PM
Teddie is progressing much the same as yesterday, but she is so affectionate too. She's even letting my OH pick her up without yowling and that is very unusual! Poo much the same, but as someone said, baby steps! and they are all in the right direction.

charliebubs
05-03-2007, 02:47 PM
Teddie is progressing much the same as yesterday, but she is so affectionate too. She's even letting my OH pick her up without yowling and that is very unusual! Poo much the same, but as someone said, baby steps! and they are all in the right direction.

Wooooooooooooooooooooo hooooooooooooooooo!!!!!! :D

As long as they are steps forwards and not backwards then it's an improvement. ;)

Lots of love and hugs to you both too.

xx

alexgirl73
05-03-2007, 05:18 PM
Well, she took a little step back today and I can't for the life of me figure out why! She has been to the litter tray 4 times today to do poo. And they've all been very runny! I'm not going to panic yet, we will see how she gets on over the next few days, and she has the vet visit next monday too.

dinahsmum
05-03-2007, 08:14 PM
Don't despair!
Maybe a spot more Canikur and fingers crossed for tomorrow.
At least she's still eating well and hopefully getting the goodness from the food

Fran
05-03-2007, 09:18 PM
Hope it's just a temporary setback Alex. Fingers crossed x

alexgirl73
05-03-2007, 09:31 PM
Will up the canikur tomorrow as you suggest DM! She's still very bright and running about the house and playing. She actually came up the stairs to play with Cooper in Raechels room, and she never does that. She has definitely increased in size over the last week, the difference is amazing, so hopefully it's just a case of she's picked up something that she shouldn't have and will be back to 'normal' tomorrow!

dandysmom
05-03-2007, 09:48 PM
Isn't it amazing and wonderful how she's perked up, is playful and putting on some weight! She seems like a different little cat...prayers that it continues !

alexgirl73
05-03-2007, 09:51 PM
I'll try and take some footage of her tomorrow with OH's mobile phone and let you all see her playing (never done it before so don't know if it'll work)

dandysmom
05-03-2007, 10:02 PM
Hope it will work; love to see her playing (action shots!)

Kazz
05-03-2007, 11:22 PM
Well, she took a little step back today and I can't for the life of me figure out why! She has been to the litter tray 4 times today to do poo. And they've all been very runny! I'm not going to panic yet, we will see how she gets on over the next few days, and she has the vet visit next monday too.

Don't forget the bit of cheese she picked up may not have been an immediate reaction but a day or so is about right for it to work through her system.

Karen

Mags
05-03-2007, 11:37 PM
Don't forget the bit of cheese she picked up may not have been an immediate reaction but a day or so is about right for it to work through her system.

Karen
Good thinking Kazz, that is probably it!

alexgirl73
06-03-2007, 08:52 AM
Well done Kazz, that was probably it. I thought it was too long after it but maybe not. Anyway, she has done a much better poo this morning, so I'll report back on any happenings today!!

Fran
06-03-2007, 09:15 AM
Glad things are looking better again this morning Alex x

dinahsmum
06-03-2007, 09:54 AM
"Here is the Nine o Clock news of the poos, and this is Alex reading it" :-D ;)

Sounding good though (and I agree - it might have been the cheese;dairy is often a no-no)

Sweet
06-03-2007, 10:06 AM
How is Teddie today? x

alexgirl73
06-03-2007, 12:48 PM
She seems quite happy this morning, another little poo in the tray when I came back from the school, but nothing to worry about! Unfortunately I will not be able to take any film footage of Teddie today, owing to OH being a complete plug!!!
Now, you know when you set the pin on your phone and when it asks you to enter it you have 3 tries and then it blocks!! Well, when it blocks you have to phone your network operator and get a PUK code (pin unlocking key), and then enter that into your phone to get it to unlock again. Apparently you have TEN tries to put this code in and then the whole phone locks and cant be unlocked again! Guess what OH did???? He thought he could keep trying to put a PIN in (he didn't even have one set in the first place 'I was just messing about with it to see what the settings were') and so tried time after time to set a PIN! Therefore I spent 20 mins on the phone to BT and the upshot is he needs a new SIM card which wont arrive until tomorrow, so a very sheepish OH is without his mobile today! Twit!! So no pics of Teddie until at least tomorrow! MEN!!!!!!!

dinahsmum
06-03-2007, 02:48 PM
Alex - you know how the boys do it. Unwrap (anyhow you like, you don't need keep the box or packaging, so just tear it off), look at briefly, press a button. If nothing happens, press another button. Press 2 buttons together. Turn it over and look at the back. Press a button. Put down for one minute. Pick up. Press a button. Press a button. Examine closely for any buttons you might not have noticed. Finally, if all else fails, read the instructions (after locating them in the discarded packaging.:roll: )
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_13_1.gif

alexgirl73
06-03-2007, 02:52 PM
:cat1 :cat10 Isn't that oh so true! The worst of it is DM, he's had this phone for 10 months now!!!!!!!

charliebubs
06-03-2007, 03:04 PM
Hahahahaha DM - that's sooooooooooo true!!!

Glad that Teddie is back to "normal" again today Alex.

xx

dinahsmum
07-03-2007, 05:41 PM
Tapping this quickly whilst it's in my mind - when you see the vet don't forget to tell him that Teddie had whatever treatment it was, when she was very young, for her skin condition.
I hate strong chemical things for our pets and would be very suspicious about them. Mucking up her immune system, maybe.
Oh dear Dr DM again. :roll:

How is Teddie today? Has her tum settled down again?

alexgirl73
07-03-2007, 06:40 PM
Well, until 5 mins ago DM, I could have told you that evrything was still going great. However, I just went into the dining room, and was hit by 'the smell'! I looked around and found that Teddie had done her business in two different places and both were very runny. I have been monitoring her very carefully and I'm 100% that she hasn't had anything to eat that she shouldn't have! She is still very bright and lively though, I just can't understand why she is going for days at a time showing great improvement and then slipping back a bit??? Very confusing. I have written down all the things that she has already had treatment for DM, and will tell this new vet all of this on monday!

Mags
07-03-2007, 06:55 PM
Oh dear, how very frustrating for you Alex......... I do hope the new vet can come up with some sort of clue as to what is going on with poor Teddie.....:(

yola
07-03-2007, 08:36 PM
Poor baby :( and how trying for all of you. Here's hoping your new vet can shed some sensible light on what's going on!

alexgirl73
15-03-2007, 10:09 PM
Just to let you all know how things are with Teddie. Generally she is much, much better! Put on loads of weight, running about, playing, having mad 10 mins like a normal cat lol, and much more affectionate. However, in the last day or so she has been a little more loose in her stools again, which I believe is because the vet had increased how much metronidazole I was to give her. I'm thinking of popping into the surgery tomorrow and perhaps getting her some promax paste. Any ideas how much they generally charge for it compared to getting it online?

Fran
15-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Hi Alex, so glad that generally Teddie is much improved. My vets charge £16 for the 20ml size. There is a 10ml size but not sure how much they charge for that one..

Edit to say that I just remembered that I did get given the 10ml size when Porsha was discharged from the hospital and the invoice for Porsha's hospital stay came this morning and is in my handbag so I've looked up and my vets charge £9.95 for the 10 ml size

Elaine
15-03-2007, 10:13 PM
Glad to hear things have been much better Alex. Hope the loos stools firm up again very very soon.

alexgirl73
15-03-2007, 10:14 PM
Thanks Fran! Probably not much difference then by ordering it online by the time you pay postage. It is just amazing to see her behaving the way she is. She spent 10 mins today chasing a chess piece all over the floor, rolling on her back and tossing it about. I was incredulous watching her! Not once in the last 6 months has she done anything like that.