PDA

View Full Version : Chester

dinahsmum
23-02-2007, 01:43 PM
Just thought I'd post to say that my boy is on the road to recovery - at last. He is eating a little and looking a lot happier with life, grooming (that tail! :) ) and using the scratch post. Still not a full appetite but that will return in time. Goodness knows what it was but it was certainly worrying for 24/48 hours or so.
Have discovered that he has a very low panic threshold. Remember the 'How to Give a Cat a Pill' funny? Not so funny when it's your arms that are shredded. :? However, 3 down, 7 to go. Wish me luck! :)

tilly
23-02-2007, 01:56 PM
Good luck. Have you tried wrapping him in a towel. As Tilly can be a pain to give pills or paste too and I found it works quite well to wrap her up in a large towel so only her head it showing , as then I don't have to worry about being scratched.

best of luck

Sally

alexgirl73
23-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Glad to hear that he is well on the road to recovery DM. Sympathy to you with the arms though!!

charliebubs
23-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Awww - I'm so pleased to hear that DM. Fingers crossed that he just gets better and better. I'm sure his appetite will be back in no time too - with lots of love from his mum!!

Sending hugs to you and Chester!! :)
((()))
x

Mags
23-02-2007, 02:17 PM
Great to hear that Chester is improving DM :D

Good luck with the remaining pilling!! :-D

dinahsmum
23-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Good luck. Have you tried wrapping him in a towel. Sally
I do know the technique Sally, and have recommended it to others. Aso the rather less subtle, stuff them head first, arms pinioned to sides, down the sleeve of a small jacket, technique, which can be very effective.
However, Chester has decided that he will just turn into startled, thrashing, scratching monster at first touch, so the chances of either are minimal.
So, it's back to the 'catch him whilst he's sleepy, beguile him with tweets and kisses and open his mouth and stuff it in before he realises what's happening, leaving him looking startled and affronted' technique :shock: Oh my, the fun we have with our furries :roll:

smudgley
23-02-2007, 03:50 PM
glad he's on the mend.... Sorry to hear about the tablet troubles... why are cats so difficult with tablets? :roll:

Fran
23-02-2007, 06:06 PM
So glad he is on the mend DM :D

Elaine
23-02-2007, 09:38 PM
Poor Chester and hugs to you too. Lots of love and well wishes xxx

dandysmom
23-02-2007, 10:04 PM
Good to hear he's on the mend! You have my sincere sympathy with the pilling...he sounds like a male version of Leia-the-impossible-to-pill!!! Good luck....:roll:

Sweet
24-02-2007, 08:58 AM
Glad to read he is getting back to his normal self, good luck with the remaining pills for him x

Kazz
24-02-2007, 04:11 PM
I do know the technique Sally, and have recommended it to others. Aso the rather less subtle, stuff them head first, arms pinioned to sides, down the sleeve of a small jacket, technique, which can be very effective.
However, Chester has decided that he will just turn into startled, thrashing, scratching monster at first touch, so the chances of either are minimal.
So, it's back to the 'catch him whilst he's sleepy, beguile him with tweets and kisses and open his mouth and stuff it in before he realises what's happening, leaving him looking startled and affronted' technique :shock: Oh my, the fun we have with our furries :roll:

Sounds a lot like Oscar there DM, he was such a sucker for sweet talk you could do anything with him then - on the bright side he did mellow over the years :)

Kazz
24-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Glad he's on the mend mayeb he's a little flightly due to his youth.

dinahsmum
24-02-2007, 04:26 PM
No, I think he's a bit like his (human) mum - he startles easily. You know me - placid/calm etc, but loud noises, people appearing out of no-where, screaming jets etc all get me spooked. :roll:
Anyway, thanks all for your good wishes. He's doing fine, still only on about half rations but the good thing is that he is hungry and I am able to crumble the 'palatable' tablets into his food. Hoorah. He actually asked for an unscheduled snack at lunchtime, so I'm taking that as a good sign.

alexgirl73
24-02-2007, 05:21 PM
That's great to hear DM! Back to his old (young) self in no time!!

dandysmom
24-02-2007, 05:36 PM
No, I think he's a bit like his (human) mum - he startles easily. You know me - placid/calm etc, but loud noises, people appearing out of no-where, screaming jets etc all get me spooked. :roll:
Anyway, thanks all for your good wishes. He's doing fine, still only on about half rations but the good thing is that he is hungry and I am able to crumble the 'palatable' tablets into his food. Hoorah. He actually asked for an unscheduled snack at lunchtime, so I'm taking that as a good sign. That's a very good sign !!!

random
24-02-2007, 06:25 PM
Aww glad to hear he is on the mend. When Tabs had an abscess years ago, and she wasn't eating, we had to mix it in with some liquidised chicken, and pippette feed her it, she was (still is) a total wild child, and a nightmare with and kind of medication. Worming and the usual just gets added to her food so she's none the wiser.

Good luck with the rest of his pills!