PDA

View Full Version : Thought I had hung up my stirrups!

Fran
21-02-2007, 02:15 PM
Well, what a turn up for the books! As some of you will remember we have had a terrible time trying to find a farrier willing to shoe Bootsy with the special shoes he needs. Well today, I heard about a guy, fresh out of training and newly qualified, up for a challenge and looking for customers. So I gave him a ring and guess what? he is happy to take Bootsy on and is coming out to him on Monday afternoon :D

Bootsy has been retired now for about 9 months and left unshod and it's blatantly obvious he misses his work. He used to love going out and we have been worried about depression setting in, especailly at this time of year when the grass is scarce and as an ex hunt horse winter has been the main work time of year for him. So this is great news for him! Looks like I better brush the cobwebs off my jodpurs :roll:

I'm so excited...I have really missed riding him :p

dinahsmum
21-02-2007, 02:19 PM
That sounds really hopeful Fran! All good wishes for Bootsy.

..... and there's time for you to get in good stocks of Radox body soak :roll: ;) :)

Fran
21-02-2007, 02:22 PM
..... and there's time for you to get in good stocks of Radox body soak :roll: ;) :)

Yes, there's going to be a few aching muscles after all the time off I have had :roll: But on the plus side, I might lose that extra weight that I have put on since not riding ;)

yola
21-02-2007, 02:48 PM
Supber news!!! I hope this farrier can really get to the bottom of the problem and ensure that Bootsy (and Fran) ride again ;)

Mags
21-02-2007, 03:44 PM
Great news that you have found someone who can help Bootsy at last Fran.......

Fingers crossed for happy riding times ahead for both of you!:D

charliebubs
21-02-2007, 03:51 PM
What great news Fran - for you and Bootsy!!!

Can we see some pics of him? What kind of horse is he? (not that I know anything about horses - lol)

:)

Fran
21-02-2007, 04:03 PM
He is an Irish Draught cross Charlie...here he is

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Ilovemyself.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v669/pretty1kitty/Bootsy001.jpg

Sweet
21-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Lovely pic of Bootsy, and great news for the both of you x

yola
21-02-2007, 05:09 PM
That second pic is brilliant . . . he looks like he's grinning :D

dandysmom
21-02-2007, 05:34 PM
That's such good news for you both, Fran! Happy trails!!!

alexgirl73
21-02-2007, 06:57 PM
He is gorgeous Fran. My Raechel is in love now!

Fran
21-02-2007, 07:57 PM
He is gorgeous Fran. My Raechel is in love now!

Thanks Alex, you'll have to bring Raechel up some time for a ride on him ;)

Actually, I'm rather dreading getting on him after such a long time despite being so excited about it. He'll be like a loaded gun ready to explode at any minute due to the excitement of it all :shock: Think I better warn you all before I go so that if I am not back within a couple of hours you can send out the police and ambulance to find me :roll: Maybe I might just put hubby on him for his first ride out ;)

alexgirl73
21-02-2007, 09:21 PM
I'm not telling her that Fran, I'd be pestered from now until doomsday to actually come up, lol! Might drop in the next time we're on our way to Scotland, lol!!

Moli
21-02-2007, 10:18 PM
Sp pleased you have found someone at last to help Bootsy.......he really is a stunning boy...

charliebubs
21-02-2007, 10:42 PM
Wow Fran - he is so handsome!!! What a sleek, glossy fella!!! :)

vicki
22-02-2007, 09:06 PM
*swoon* he is stunning! Hope everything goes smoothly for all involved!

logoes
22-02-2007, 09:54 PM
We have an 3/4 Irish draught x 1/4 Fell living next door, he is grey, and unshod at the moment. No foot problems though, just not being ridden much., and the farrier is great, took endless trouble with the old donkey they rescued with badly overgrown feet, Logoes