PDA

View Full Version : What do you think?

Jac
20-02-2007, 04:27 PM
Remember our survayor didnt notice the two broken windows. Well someone came out from his office yesterday and had a look. By last night they were offering to refund there fee.
Derek has said that he feels that they should replace them as they didnt notice them in the first place. Which they should have done.
What do you think. Do you think were right asking for them to be replaced (the draft is dreadfull)? or do you think we should take the refund? (which is a couple of hundred, not enough to replace the windows)

Tanya
20-02-2007, 05:24 PM
Say you think you should have both (refund and windows replaced) because it has been such an inconvenience for your family.

dandysmom
20-02-2007, 05:40 PM
I'm inclined to agree with Tanya, but suspect it would be a long and prolonged hassle trying for that...probably the simplest thing would be to take the refund...guess it depends on how much time and energy you want to devote to it.... good luck!

Donna
20-02-2007, 05:44 PM
Its hard to say, as the system in Scotland is completely different to England. You could try to get both and then settle for one or the other if they are holding out.

Jac
20-02-2007, 05:46 PM
The thing is the report had the windows in it (type) but no mention of the two cracked pains. We had put money aside for furnature, kitchen and decor but not to replace the windows, which will have to be done.
The refund on the survey wont touch the cost of replaceing them. Dont even know if they stil make them for sash in case winddows, may have to go for the UPC type. Whichever is the cheepest I'm afraid.

tilly
20-02-2007, 05:54 PM
I would say that they should cover the fee for the windows as they missed them

Sally

Kazz
20-02-2007, 06:17 PM
I would say stick to your guns and ask for the windows to be either replaced or replaired whichever you prefer don't put yourself in a position of having to pay out more money (ie take the refund) when this is not sufficent to cover the costs.
Karen

Jac
20-02-2007, 09:54 PM
~Thanks. I didnt want to seem greedy, but it was his fault. If it had said in the report damp cupboards (which he keeps forgetting about but wanted to see) and two cracked windows we may have offered a little less (to repair). Oh the guy gave us £100 for the cooker that was comdemed by the gas board as he said it was a little tempremental. Haha was unsafe to use more like.

Fran
20-02-2007, 09:58 PM
It's a tough one Jac, might be inclined to hold out for payment of the windows after all it was their mistake and if it had been picked up you could have negotiated a reduction in the purchase price with the seller....Good luck and let us know how you get on

Jac
20-02-2007, 10:00 PM
Thats exactly how we feel PK. Will let you know what happens.