PDA

View Full Version : moving litter tray

jenny
19-02-2007, 11:18 PM
well when keanu came, he decided that his toilet spot was going to be in indies crate. I think this may be because the breeder litter trained them in a big crate. Anyway, i put his tray in there as i thought it was the best place to start. How do i go about moving it to where i want it to be? do i move it slowly, or do i set up a second litter tray where i want him to go and place him in there when he starts going in the crate one?

Sweet
19-02-2007, 11:49 PM
Hopefully someone here will be able to help you in a bit x

Fran
20-02-2007, 12:14 AM
Why not set up a second tray and put some of the soiled litter from his other tray into it to encourage him to use it? Alternatively, you could try gradually moving the one in the crate to where you want it to be. Good luck

dinahsmum
20-02-2007, 07:16 AM
Every time I've done it I've used the 'slowly, slowly' approach - keep one tray and move it 6" a day. Doesn't take too long to get where you want (you just have to be careful not to step in it as it sits in odd spots until you get where you want! :lol: )
Fran's suggestion is good though, so you can chose whichever suits you

jenny
20-02-2007, 11:13 AM
well, 2 seconds after posting this, i decided to just move the tray. I showed him where it was and thankfully i woke this morning to a used litter tray :D

my house isnt very big, so it was only to across the room. We live in an upside down house where our living room is upstairs, so i have moved it to a corner step on the top of the stairs, as the stairs arent used that often.