PDA

View Full Version : Murder on the stairwell

Elaine
19-02-2007, 02:56 PM
OMG, just when things looked like they were settling down a little, I was startled by two people screaming for help on the stairwell earlier today. I had not a clue what was going on and wasnt sure whether I should stick my head round the door to find out when I remembered the cats were out in the garden.
I opened the front door and heard pleas for help upstairs. I rushed upstairs to find a man and a woman holding boxes and begging me for help because........................................... .................................................
wait for it................................................ .................................................. .
Bernie was blocking their path! And OMG there is another cat waiting to attack from further up, on the next landing.http://www.katnip.co.uk/smileys/smiley3.gifhttp://www.katnip.co.uk/smileys/smiley36.gif
Shouldnt laugh really but it turns out the couple are terrified of cats. Bernie only wanted to make friends and Eva was simply watching them from afar.
Just hoping now that this isnt going to become a big problem. Will maybe try talking to them about it at some point soon.

charliebubs
19-02-2007, 03:00 PM
Hahahahhahaha Elaine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :):):)

I used to have a friend who was afraid of cats and I never really understood it!!! She used to come over, but she couldn't walk past them. If they were on the stairs and she wanted to get up or down past them she had to call me for help!!! lol

Strangely she doesn't come round any more!!!!!!!!!! :)

yola
19-02-2007, 03:13 PM
Oh dear! I hope it doesn't cause a problem. However screeching woman AND hysterical man both holding boxes, paints an interesting and comical picture :shock:

Do you think they met through a dating agency and put on their profiles 'I'm looking for a partner that, like me, is scared of cats . . . ' ;) Bizzare :roll:

Elaine
19-02-2007, 03:28 PM
Honestly you should have seen them both huddled in the corner of their front door, holding these boxes and screaching for help:lol: :lol: :lol: The innocent friendly faced Bernie trying to rub against a leg just to say hello. Eva on the upper landing watching with that impudent look of "Oh do stop that awful racket"
Its the best laugh I have had in days:lol:
On a serious note though, I do hope it isnt going to be too much of a problem. Would be a shame for the cats if I have to confine them to the house because of it. Equally it must be terrible to have such a fear.
Will have to try to grab an opportunity to talk with them about it and come to some sort of agreement so that it doesnt become a huge issue.
Graham is going to wet himself when I tell him though:lol:

Sweet
19-02-2007, 04:26 PM
I can just imagine x

alexgirl73
19-02-2007, 05:34 PM
Trying really hard not to laugh here!!!

sammy
19-02-2007, 05:43 PM
That's really funny! And isn't it strange how cats ALWAYS sidle up to people who are afraid of them?

We've got a friend who is similarly afflicted, and on the rare occasions he came here, my old girl Teddie would do her best to try and win him round by climbing on the top of the sofa behind his head and snuzzling him - needless to say, he didn't appreciate her efforts! :roll: :-D

Fran
19-02-2007, 05:46 PM
:lol: I bet that was so funny to see :-D I do know people with a huge cat phobia though and I do feel so terribly sorry for them :( they never seem to come to my house and I can't figure out why :roll:

Kazz
19-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Now if that was Oz he would make a beeline for them....just to terrorize them.....:)

CathyW
19-02-2007, 06:21 PM
i knew some who didnt like cats, so of course mine used to make a bee-line to them, and ive got a neighbour near by who cant abide cats, shame cause they dont know what they are missing.

dandysmom
19-02-2007, 08:43 PM
My aunt had terrible cat phobia, so naturally the Siamese always made directly to her when she visited ... :roll: Feel sorry for those people, but it must have been hysterical seeing these adults cringing in fear of sweet Bernie! But I do hope it doesn't become an issue with the cats needing access to the garden...the Diva needs to keep those seagulls controlled.....:-D

Elaine
19-02-2007, 08:58 PM
:lol: :lol: :lol: She sure does:lol: :lol: :lol:
And bernie has to be allowed to visit the girls from the hairdresser who give him half of their sandwiches:lol: :lol: :lol:
Their back door opens out onto our back garden. They all adore the cats especially Bernie.

dandysmom
19-02-2007, 09:01 PM
Oh dear, Bernie will be having a weight problem one of these days! I assume it's below the Diva's dignity to cadge food.???!!

Elaine
19-02-2007, 09:04 PM
Eva has to be admired from a distance unless SHE thinks you are worthy of giving her a little stroke.
I think Bernie is much more interested in grabbing all the attention, kisses and cuddles than their sandwiches. He will stand at the door and yowl for one of them to come see him. He's such a flirt with the girly's.

dandysmom
19-02-2007, 09:08 PM
What a sweet boy Bernie is...I'd love to give him a big cuddle! And respectfully admire Herself from the proper distance.... :-D I imagine a small curtsey would be appropriate......

Elaine
19-02-2007, 09:12 PM
What a sweet boy Bernie is...I'd love to give him a big cuddle! And respectfully admire Herself from the proper distance.... :-D I imagine a small curtsey would be appropriate......

:lol: :lol: :lol: but ofcourse:lol: :lol: :lol:

Kobster
21-02-2007, 02:40 AM
What a picture that must have made! Thanks for the laugh!~