PDA

View Full Version : Tilly possible going to the vets today

tilly
17-02-2007, 04:12 PM
Hi
As you probably all know Tilly is a virus carrier so sneezes alot which I was told by the vet was OK as long as there was no pus or discharge.
But recently she has been sneezing a lot more and I can hear her wheezing when she breathes even when I am a metres or two away from her. I am not sure whether to take her to the emegency vets or not as she is eating but seems to be having a slight difficulty breathing. She also has a bit of dampness on her nose which looks like discharge. Am I being paranoid or should we go. I do have some antibiotics which I could give her but I don't know if I should. She is also playing less than usual. I could also wait until monday and book her in then. Not sure what is the best thing to do.

any help welcome

Sally:smt102 :smt100 :-(

Animagus
17-02-2007, 04:29 PM
If it were me I would be straight to the Vets Sally... having lost one of my babies last April I am very suspicious of anything that isn't normal with the other 2... Better to be Safe than Sorry.... hope its nothing to worry about though...

Fran
17-02-2007, 04:34 PM
If she is wheezing and has snotty discharge then I personally would get her seen by a vet sooner rather than later. Do let us know how Tilly gets on x

dinahsmum
17-02-2007, 04:36 PM
and why do they always fall ill after Saturday morning surgery? Cats eh? Good luck

tilly
17-02-2007, 05:03 PM
I have started her on the antibiotics the vet gave me before I went up to scotland incase her sneezing was bad like it is now and if she hasn't shown some impovement by tomorrow I will take her then. I am a bit reluctant as I know what is wrong with her and they usually just give her anitbiotics anyway.
So I am hoping that she will be OK until monday when I can ring her vets and speak to them as they know her best and I am not sure who is on call I rang up but just got a mobile number.
I got my parents round to see what they think as well for a second opinion and they said that the air is very stuffy and dry so I have opened some windows and let a breeze through and put out some bowls of water near the storage heaters so that the air is more damp.
and why do they always fall ill after Saturday morning surgery? Cats eh? Good luck
I don't know but mine seem to save up all the symptoms until saturday afternoon and then I have to decided whether they can wait or not.

I am also not doing anything today or tomorrow so I can keep a close eye on her. I have Just recently spent £600 odd pound on getting her over a different problem.
As you can probably tell by the rambling I am still in two minds but for the moment have decided to start the antibiotics and keep a close eye on her. I will keep you posted.

Thanks for the replys

Sally

Elaine
17-02-2007, 08:30 PM
Poor baby, what virus does she carry?
Would an air humidifier help any?
Hope all goes well for her xxx

tilly
17-02-2007, 08:46 PM
She is a Feline herpes carrier. I am not sure about a humidifier. But I did shut her in the bathroom when I had my bath so that she could breath in the steam. Not sure if it has helped yet as it was about 5 minutes ago, as I have gotten ready for bed because I don't feel very well either. I think the old saying like owner like pet fit rather well at the moment as we are both ill and bunged up. I will have a look at humidifier to see if they are expensive or not.

Sally

Fran
17-02-2007, 09:40 PM
The steamed bathroom is a good idea. You could also try putting her in a cat carrier with a towel over and put a bowl of steaming hot water just outside the carrier door. I do hope that both of you feel much better after a good night's rest x

tilly
17-02-2007, 10:38 PM
Fran thanks for the help I will try that is she is no better tomorrow.

Sally