PDA

View Full Version : Moli

dinahsmum
16-02-2007, 05:43 PM
How are the contacts?

Moli
16-02-2007, 07:52 PM
They ar brilliant,DM, wore them for 4 hours yesterday, got a slight headache, wore them for 8 hours today with no headache...Wish I had got them before...The only problem I have is putting the right one in!

Fran
16-02-2007, 08:00 PM
So glad you are getting on well with them Moli :D

dandysmom
16-02-2007, 08:54 PM
Excellent news, Moli, glad you're having such success with them! :D

yola
17-02-2007, 12:04 AM
So pleased you're getting on great with them. It's early days yet remember!

They are such a good indicator of when you're feeling under par too. I find my eyes start getting dry the minute I'm either tired or sickening for something. Means you can stack up on the vitamins before the niggle turns into a real problem.

dinahsmum
17-02-2007, 11:34 AM
Yet another of those things you wish you'd done years ago!

Moli
19-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Yet another of those things you wish you'd done years ago!
Thats true, although I have 1 problem, I wear my nails quite long, and keep damaging the contacts, so looks like I will have to cut them!:(

dinahsmum
19-02-2007, 06:56 PM
Thats true, although I have 1 problem, I wear my nails quite long, and keep damaging the contacts, so looks like I will have to cut them!:(
That's a reason I want to get to the 30 day-and-night ones!
Or you could look at dailies - doesn't matter so much if you tear one when they only come in at 40p or something!

Moli
19-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Its the Dailies I am using, had to go back to the Optician today to get 2 replacements, but as the first month is free was more embarressing than costly...

yola
19-02-2007, 07:08 PM
I've got very long nails and don't seem to do any damage (or at least didn't when I had monthly ones). Just need to be a bit careful, but they are useful for levering under the lens to get them out!

Moli
19-02-2007, 07:11 PM
I've got very long nails and don't seem to do any damage (or at least didn't when I had monthly ones). Just need to be a bit careful, but they are useful for levering under the lens to get them out!I am just going to keep trying, seem a bit much to have to cut my nails:roll: Its early days anyway, will probably improve with time, I get one day they go in no bother, the next I have trouble....:roll:

Fran
19-02-2007, 07:57 PM
Keep persevering Moli, you'll get the hang of it ;)

dinahsmum
20-02-2007, 07:35 AM
I keep my right index nail short but leave the rest mid length. Seems to be a good compromise

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_56.gif

Moli
20-02-2007, 01:37 PM
I keep my right index nail short but leave the rest mid length. Seems to be a good compromise

http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/36/36_1_56.gif
Maybe try that DM...:)
Although had no problems this morning, they just went straight in.....Do you have to take the monthly ones out to clean at any time?

dinahsmum
20-02-2007, 02:23 PM
Not if/when the optician finds the extended wear ones I want.
I'm currently using 'ordinary' monthly disposables, so they sit in cleansing fluid overnight, every night.

dinahsmum
25-02-2007, 02:51 PM
Right. I collected my trial pair of Bausch & Lomb Purevision Multi-Focal yesterday. 30 day extended wear. The manufacturers say they can be worn continuously for 30 days; the optician said wear for 7 days & nights then take them out & leave in cleaning fluid for one night then back to 7 days wear and so on.
http://www.asda-contactlenses.co.uk/productDisplay.jsp?product_id=243
So, I woke up this morning able to see clearly, near and far and with no ill effects from sleeping in lenses. Wonderful! :)
Bliddy things are totally transparent - I am used to the light blue tint on the Ciba ones. What a nightmare locating them in the storage fluid and perching them on my index finger pre-insertion.......