PDA

View Full Version : feeding time with the kittens!!

alexgirl73
15-02-2007, 10:44 PM
I've just been sat at the fromt door for the last 10 minutes, feeding the kittens. No Stripe with them this time, just the two little ones and a little friend I've seen with them from time to time. Not sure if that one is a feral or not, but it is around the same size as them, maybe a little bit bigger.:? I've just fed the three of them FOUR pouches of felix and you should have seen them gulp it down:shock: . The tiniest one is the most skittish of all and she wouldn't come anywhere near me, the middle one came and had a sniff at my hand and the new one - a little tabby - let me give her a stroke!! They were so hungry bless 'em!

Fran
15-02-2007, 11:09 PM
Oh how this breaks my heart :( I so wish each and every one of them could have their own loving lap to sit on :( You do a great job Alex - well done for caring x

Sweet
16-02-2007, 09:12 AM
Well Done Alex, keeping an eye open for these little ones, it also breaks my heart to think they are alone (well except Alex) in this world and hungry x

alexgirl73
16-02-2007, 11:22 AM
Thank you guys:oops: . I just wish I could do more for them than feed them every so often, I'm living in dread of one (or more) of them turning up pregnant soon. If that happens I've no idea what I'll do. I could put them in the playhouse for a while but that wouldn't help long term and my local branch of CPL obviously aren't going to help as I've had no response to any of my calls. Oh well, I'll face that bridge when I come to it, and until then just continue to make sure they have a nice meal when they come to my door!

dinahsmum
16-02-2007, 12:23 PM
Ring the CPL again Alex - or ask Smudgley to give them a bit of a pep talk - or use another contact at the CPL. Or even call the RSPCA? Or dog warden (she said, clutching at straws). Even if these babies could be taken in and spayed/neutered and returned to your area to live off their wits.
Surely someone will take notice? Didn't you say you use a PDSA clinic/vet? Can they do something? Oh dear, here I am
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_205.gif
again

smudgley
16-02-2007, 12:44 PM
Alex - I've looked at the main CP site & it seems that Telford & District CP don't have a website & only have one contact number 01952 201167

The next nearest branch to you would be Shrewsbury, they have a large website & seem to be quite a pro active branch according to their site.

Why not give them a call & explain that you are desperate for some help with them & see what they say? They will probably know more about the Telford branch & may even be able to contact them for you, if they can't help you directly.

http://www.cats.org.uk/branch/shrewsbury/contact.html

If it's any help, I can get the kittens neutered for you, but they'd have to be done & put back.

Try the RSPCA - I can tell you 100 bad stories about them for every one good one BUT!... I have recently found them to be helpful with quite a few cat situations, it's got to be worth a try.

Jac
16-02-2007, 12:53 PM
Sorry Ive obviously missed alot. Alex has kittens now? Where are all these cats coming from?
Alex take that sign off your door!!! haha

smudgley
16-02-2007, 12:54 PM
the PDSA main Head Office is in Priorslee! How cool is that... get down there girl!

PDSA Head Office
Whitechapel Way
Priorslee
Telford
Shropshire
TF2 9PQ
Tel: 01952 290999
(http://www.pdsa.org.uk/)

smudgley
16-02-2007, 12:55 PM
Sorry Ive obviously missed alot. Alex has kittens now? Where are all these cats coming from?
Alex take that sign off your door!!! haha

it's the same ones as before, but they are bringing their little friends now too... :roll:

Jac
16-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Is there a big "cat" problem near Alex then?

What a shame. Poor babies.

smudgley
16-02-2007, 01:08 PM
Is there a big "cat" problem near Alex then?

What a shame. Poor babies.

Not sure, there is an area of ground which is a bit overgrown, where they maybe live.. Don't think there's a huge problem.:? But soon will be if we don't get them neutered... Alex won't have a play house, she'll have a kitten creche :roll:

alexgirl73
16-02-2007, 02:10 PM
Right, phoned the CPL Telford branch again!! left another message, tried to be a little more forthright this time, saying no ones rung me back before and these cats are going to end up pregnant soon if something isn't done. I also said I am willing to have them released back into my garden if they want and I'll continue to feed them. So we'll see what happens now. Phoned PDSA too, all they could do was give me the number for the RSPCA, which I am very reluctant to call. If I get no joy from the CPL though I may have too, otherwise I will take you up on your offer to have them neutered Smudgley and at least then there wont be any more additions to the little colony!!

smudgley
16-02-2007, 03:06 PM
That's fine Alex. see what happens but if no joy, you can catch them & get them in the baskets then I can collect when I'm in Telford, bring here, neuter & bring back the following week. (would have to be done at local vets here for ease of vet bills I'm afraid)