PDA

View Full Version : help needed with rescue cats........

smudgley
14-02-2007, 12:01 AM
I know a few people use Catsey from the West Midlands now, so thought it was worth adding this here....

I am looking for someone in the local area (Stourbridge) who can help with the rescue cats. Mainly looking for a volunteer to help with vet trips & collecting cats etc. If you think you could offer some help, however small please let me know. :)

Soupie
14-02-2007, 08:07 AM
I'm not too far away and only really offer weekend help but let me know if that is of use :)

Sweet
14-02-2007, 08:49 AM
I am too far away, hopefully you will get some offers of help soon - you do a great job! x

Fran
14-02-2007, 09:47 AM
I wish I was nearer as I would offer to help :(

smudgley
14-02-2007, 10:54 AM
Thanks Sweet.:)
Thanks Fran.:)
Soupie I've sent you a PM.:)

Elaine
14-02-2007, 10:54 AM
I wish I was nearer as I would offer to help :(

Me too. Hope you can find all the help you need very soon. xxx

smudgley
14-02-2007, 10:56 AM
Thanks Elaine.

I did have a lovely lady who was going to help, but she has a few problems & can't come now. :( Which is a shame because she was really keen.

I'm sure I'll find someone soon. :cool:

charliebubs
14-02-2007, 11:11 AM
Good luck Smudgley. I wish I was nearer to help you.

I hope you find someone soon. :)

alexgirl73
14-02-2007, 11:29 AM
I'd love to help out Smudgley, but it would be too much of a drive for me all the time. Just a pity my local branch don't seem to want my help!!

Kazz
14-02-2007, 12:49 PM
I'd love to help out Smudgley, but it would be too much of a drive for me all the time. Just a pity my local branch don't seem to want my help!!You have the same senario as me then Alex I did not know that, I have repeatedly tried to offer help to my branch and another local one but no one replies/contacts/nothing. Makes me wonder why they advertise they need help when you try tey don't want you.

Smudgley again the distance as you know.....

smudgley
14-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Would any of you consider moving house to be nearer to me? that would solve all my problems! :-D

charliebubs
14-02-2007, 01:04 PM
Would any of you consider moving house to be nearer to me? that would solve all my problems! :-D

How many spare rooms do you have??? lol

:)

alexgirl73
14-02-2007, 01:25 PM
You have the same senario as me then Alex I did not know that, I have repeatedly tried to offer help to my branch and another local one but no one replies/contacts/nothing. Makes me wonder why they advertise they need help when you try tey don't want you.

Smudgley again the distance as you know.....

Darn infuriating isn't it Kazz!!I've left messages and no one calls back, and I'd dearly love to help out with cpl. I have plenty of time on my hands:(

charliebubs
14-02-2007, 02:12 PM
Darn infuriating isn't it Kazz!!I've left messages and no one calls back, and I'd dearly love to help out with cpl. I have plenty of time on my hands:(

I offered to help my local CPL too when they came and helped me with the trap and William. I also said that I'd like to give them a donation, but nobody has come back to me.

It is frustrating, as I'd love to help too.

smudgley
14-02-2007, 02:40 PM
OMG what is wrong with all these branches :shock:
I think it's because there seems to be a lack of communication amongst people who are involved with the branches.:?
At work because you are doing a job & being paid, you have to work to a standard & nothing less will be tolerated, messages have to get to the right people, policies have to be adhered to (someone had a verbal warning at my work for giving out my phone number last week:shock: ) but what I'm getting at is, because these people have no boundaries, no authority I think lots of things don't go to plan & don't get followed up.
I'm not defending them at all, I would be very frustrated if I was in your position. But I can only speak for my branch & offer praise to them when I 1st offered to help. :cool: they were on the phone like a shot, here in no time, pens were here.....the rest's history :-D

borderdawn
14-02-2007, 06:13 PM
If there are Cats in my area you need collecting, let me know.
Dawn.

Liz
14-02-2007, 09:52 PM
Same problem as Alexgirl and Kazz would love to help but local branches don't need the incommer with all the gear!

Hope you get some help pity you didn't want to move up here then Elaine and I would definately help

Moli
14-02-2007, 10:03 PM
I will move down beside you Smudgley, then I can help...But the possibilty of my 5 cats growing in numbers would be very great!:roll: ;)

EmmaG
14-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Wished I lived closer.... I would be a permanent fixture though!!! lol

Mags
14-02-2007, 10:45 PM
Wished I lived closer.... I would be a permanent fixture though!!! lol
I think you would have an easel perched in the garden Emma!! ;):lol:

EmmaG
14-02-2007, 10:48 PM
I think you would have an easel perched in the garden Emma!! ;):lol:

Sounds good to me Mags ;)

tilly