PDA

View Full Version : Tangos lump has changed

Samz5
13-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Tango has had a black lump right on his backside for I guess about a year now, the vet has seen it and we discussed what to do about it, but since it is right on his bum if we removed it he would most likey loose control back there, so we decieded to leave it an keep an eye on it.

I noticed last night that it has changed, it seems to have a 'head' on it, like a spot, or like it has leaked something black and around the base of it has some black crusty kind of leakage :?, so were going to get down the vets later today and have it looked at.

On the upside the new antibiotics hes been taking for a week seem to have sorted out his mystery tummy problem and he hasn't been sick for about 10 days, since hes been getting special care for the last 3-4 months that hes been ill he has turned into the most friendly confident cat, hes always been a bit stand offish and never would actually sit on your lap.... this week hes taken to jumping on my lap for a fuss and actually sitting on me, but I have to be sitting on the toilet at the time. lol.

Fran
13-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Good luck at the vets Sam, I hope the vet has some answers for you regarding the lump. Do let us know how Tango gets on x

dinahsmum
13-02-2007, 12:41 PM
Repeat everything Fran said. Hope he's OK

charliebubs
13-02-2007, 12:45 PM
Good luck at the vets Sam. Keep us posted. :)

I know what you mean about the loo - if I leave the door ajar mine are all fascinated by the bathroom and want to jump all over me when I'm having a wee!!!!! Strange!!!! :)

alexgirl73
13-02-2007, 02:20 PM
Yup, my cats are the same with the loo, lol! Hope everything goes well with Tangos vet visit, and that it isn't anything to worry about.

Mags
13-02-2007, 03:32 PM
Good luck at the vets Sam, I hope Tango is ok........

Sweet
13-02-2007, 03:35 PM
I hope all goes well at the Vet for Tango x

Samz5
13-02-2007, 06:58 PM
Been to the vets, she thinks he probably just bumped it somehow and the leakage is blood, only thing we can really do is have it removed, this vet doesn't think there would be a high risk of incontinace.
But because of Tangos long problem with his tummy we won't be having him operated on, hes only just getting his heath back, one day it might rupture, them we would have to have it removed. The vet doesn't seem to think its anything to worry about. :)
And they didn't charge me anything for the appointment either, perhaps thats because I've spent so much there over the past 6 months, I'm starting to feel quite at home there now.
Tango is not happy, as soon as we stepped in the vets door a very excited black lab jumped up to his carrier, its freaked him out a bit and he seems to blame me, but at least he still likes b/f so he can get some fuss off him until I'm forgiven (probably at food time):roll:

alexgirl73
13-02-2007, 07:06 PM
it's good to hear that poor Tango doesn't have to go under the knife anytime soon. I'm sure he'll be loving you again in no time, lol!

Mags
13-02-2007, 07:15 PM
Good to hear the lump is nothing too serious ......

Fran
13-02-2007, 07:37 PM
Glad to hear that it is nothing too serious Sam x