PDA

View Full Version : Oh bum :(

Soupie
12-02-2007, 09:29 PM
Pousse has lost her appetite again :( I am trying to be sensible and not worry and put it down to the vaccinations on Friday just making her feel a bit "off".

Yesterday she only ate approx half a pouch of her meat and half her tiny bowl of kibble in whole 24 hours. Today I got home at 5pm and she had barely touched the half pouch I put down this morning. I've changed it for fresh but she isn't interested. I can't tempt her with fresh chicken today either although I did get her to nibble a bit yesterday.

She's looking a little "tucked" up and has been very quiet although she doesn't seem ill. I'm not too worried but obviously do not want her losing the weight she had put on :(

Not panicking honest :oops:

alexgirl73
12-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Poor baby (and you). It probably is a reaction to the vacc's, but keep an eye on her. If she doesn't pic up in the next few days give your vet a ring and see what they suggest. ((hugs))

Tanya
12-02-2007, 09:42 PM
Try and make sure that she is drinking water so she doesn't get dehydrated. Hope she is feeling better soon xx

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 09:51 PM
Hope it's just a reaction to the shots and the stress of the vet trip; keep an eye on her, and extra TLC!

Mags
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
It is probably a reaction to her vaccination Soupie, just keep an eye on her over the next day or two.......

Fran
12-02-2007, 11:06 PM
Fingers crossed that it is just a reaction to the vaccinations x

Sweet
13-02-2007, 09:05 AM
How is she today? Better I hope and munching her food x

Elaine
13-02-2007, 10:34 AM
Poor Pousse. Sorry to hear this. You may want to try adding a little boiled water to her food, this will give her a little fluid as well as help make the food smell more appealing to her.
Hope it helps xxx
Or maybe try some strong smelling food such as sardine or tuna.
All the best, I hope she picks up again very soon. xxx

Soupie
13-02-2007, 11:16 AM
Odd night last night as she appared to go a bit manic :shock: Zoomed round attacked anything and everything and ate a 1/4 pouch straight off this morning so I have added another 1/4 to what she has left to make sure she has plenty to eat.

She always has access to fresh water but will try the hot water on the food thing as well - especially on her kibble :smt023

She's still being a bit "off" and not as keen for strokes etc but I do genuinely think it was the upheaval of the vets visit in the snow and the vaccs ;)

Am meant to be going away this weekend and my friend Jen looking after her but am reluctant to leave her for the entire weekend even though Jen has met her and is very trustworthy and caring. I'm being daft I know as Jen is more than capable of knowing if she needs vet attention or not :oops:

Soupie
17-02-2007, 01:39 PM
Haven't gone away in the end but Pousse is back to normal happily :D

Still will NOT touch natures menu meat though :roll:

Fran
17-02-2007, 01:55 PM
I am so pleased that Pousse is back to normal :D Long may it continue!

Mags
17-02-2007, 02:13 PM
Pleased to hear Pousse is back to normal :D

alexgirl73
17-02-2007, 02:34 PM
Great news!

dinahsmum
17-02-2007, 02:35 PM
........... and I hope you are feeling a little better too Soupie?