PDA

View Full Version : Acting weird...

Moli
12-02-2007, 06:12 PM
Oliver is acting really weird, they have not been out the past few days because of the rain, (they only get out on days I can have the window open) He is going about yowling, and keep grabbing Casper by the back of the neck!:shock: He is neutered,I know what it looks like!:shock:
Anyone any other explanation for his behaviour???Poor Casper is getting fed up with him!:roll:

yola
12-02-2007, 06:23 PM
I know Balie does this with Fifi each year between Feb and May . . . this kind of mounting stuff with some accompanying yowling. He's been neutered for 9 1/2 years and still does it. I reckon it's just the time of year :roll:

Moli
12-02-2007, 06:43 PM
But mine are both Boys :shock:

yola
12-02-2007, 07:16 PM
I don't think it matters . . . entire cats have been know to 'rape' either sex of cat if the urge prevails.

I don't think they're too fussy to be honest :shock: :oops: :shock:

Fran
12-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Clooney does this to Claude sometimes :roll:

Elaine
12-02-2007, 07:54 PM
I think that although they have had the nut chop, they can still get the urge.
I remember dear old Winston and Woody used to mount eachother from time to time too. Dont remember if there was anything special about the time of year ot anything.

Elaine
12-02-2007, 07:56 PM
Oh forgot to mention Bernie has a humping rug. Every night with out fail he's at it, bless his fluffy butt. Havent seen him attempt to mount the Diva but I would assume he would be told where to get off by her pretty quickly. LOL

Moli
12-02-2007, 08:00 PM
So pleased to hear its not just mine that acts like this!:)

vicki
12-02-2007, 08:54 PM
mounting is not just a sexual behaviour but also a dominance behaviour :) Any sex animal will 'hump' any other sex animal to issue dominance and show who is in charge, this behaviour happens with most animals, cats, dogs, rabbits, rodents...they all do it! Males hump males, females hump females and all the other ways in between! Lol
It can be a seasonal thing with cats, so since its getting near to cat mating season beginning a lot of neutered cats show this dominance mounting behaviour to their friends to let them know whos in charge of all the coming-into-seaon girlies!

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Viki's summed it up very nicely! My males used to do it on occasion; don't particularly remember what season......

Samz5
12-02-2007, 11:10 PM
My cat Rags does that to Bones, they are both neutered males and 12 years old.
Rags is definatly the dominant male in our household and I guess he likes to remind his brother every now and again :shock: