PDA

View Full Version : weight gain....

Moli
11-02-2007, 03:30 PM
I lost a lot of weight when I was ill, need now to build myself up a bit, any ideas, that do not include exercise!:roll: :lol:

Mags
11-02-2007, 03:37 PM
To start with Moli, you need proper meals with lots of protein .........

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 03:38 PM
You can still buy complan at the chemist!!

Moli
11-02-2007, 03:39 PM
You can still buy complan at the chemist!!
I have bought something called Build up, think its similar....

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 03:40 PM
It's along the same lines Moli. Hope it does the trick for you (failing that we can see if we can set up some sort of fat transplant from me to you, lol)

Moli
11-02-2007, 03:41 PM
It's along the same lines Moli. Hope it does the trick for you (failing that we can see if we can set up some sort of fat transplant from me to you, lol)
Loking at your picture Alex, you cartainly are not fat!:roll:

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 03:42 PM
Ah, but it all sits around my middle. The top bit and the bottom bit I'm happy with, but I'd love to get rid of my 4 month pregnant looking tummy, lol!!

Moli
11-02-2007, 03:46 PM
Ah, but it all sits around my middle. The top bit and the bottom bit I'm happy with, but I'd love to get rid of my 4 month pregnant looking tummy, lol!!Thats something that comes to us all Alex, think they call it middle age spread!I:roll: :lol: have a lot round my middle too....

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 03:47 PM
Who you calling middle aged, I'm only 33:-D :lol: :lol:

Mags
11-02-2007, 03:48 PM
Have a look at this site Moli, it will give you some ideas.......

http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/healthy_living/your_weight/reaching_gain.shtml

Moli
11-02-2007, 03:49 PM
Who you calling middle aged, I'm only 33:-D :lol: :lol:
OOPS!!! Sorry, Well in my case its middle aged spread!:roll: :lol: I am at the stage where everything is going south!:lol:

dinahsmum
11-02-2007, 08:56 PM
Berocca effervescent vitamins are good as a pick me up after you've been ill. They perk the appetite a bit too.
As you are still walking with the dogs etc I'd say you'd be OK taking on a few more calories, so as well as the Complan stuff you could substitute gold top milk for your normal; pop a little knob of butter on your veg; have lovely milk shakes with milk & good ice cream and nice berries (fresh or frozen). have a biscuit or two with your coffee, take more milk in it than usual but basically just have a good diet and everything will sort itself out eventually.

Fran
11-02-2007, 09:00 PM
Good luck with it Moli x

Moli
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Thanks all, some good advice there, and thanks for the link Mags, very good...

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 09:11 PM
Is your appetite back? That was my problem after I was ill last year...nothing tasted right and I wasn't hungry; had to force myself to eat. If you can, eat some fattening things that you like that you normally would stay shy of because they're fattening....cheese, chocolate, whatever turns you on!

Moli
11-02-2007, 09:16 PM
Is your appetite back? That was my problem after I was ill last year...nothing tasted right and I wasn't hungry; had to force myself to eat. If you can, eat some fattening things that you like that you normally would stay shy of because they're fattening....cheese, chocolate, whatever turns you on!
I am not really a foodie, not really got my appietite back, but am forcing myself to eat, had a Ham & Cheese salad tonight and yoghurt......Cheese I love, not keen on chocolate, but have a tub of pringles sitting looking at me!:lol:

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 09:46 PM
I'm not a chocoholic either' have an unopened box of Belgian chocolates left over from Christmas (sorry, Alex!). Cheese, crisps, scones with jam and cream..... oddly enough the thing that got my appetite awake was, of all things, a tossed green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar,,,somehow that jump-started my taste buds and it's been fine ever since......

Moli
11-02-2007, 10:02 PM
I'm not a chocoholic either' have an unopened box of Belgian chocolates left over from Christmas (sorry, Alex!). Cheese, crisps, scones with jam and cream..... oddly enough the thing that got my appetite awake was, of all things, a tossed green salad with olive oil and balsamic vinegar,,,somehow that jump-started my taste buds and it's been fine ever since......
You have very similar tastes to me DM, Love a scone with Jam and Fresh cream....;)

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Real English Devon cream is ridiculously pricy here, but every so often when I'm in a baking mood will make scones and get some ...nothing like a nice warm scone right out of the oven ...I"m making myself hungry now; haven't had dinner yet!

Moli
11-02-2007, 10:51 PM
Nohing like the cream teas you get in England during the summe, we do not get them up here...

Fran
11-02-2007, 10:52 PM
Nohing like the cream teas you get in England during the summe, we do not get them up here...

You will have to visit me Moli, I will treat you to cream tea. You too Eileen if you ever decide to cross the pond :-D

Moli
11-02-2007, 10:55 PM
May well do that some time PK, but will not be bringing Merlin with me!;)

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Will someone be kind enough to explain a cream tea to me? Sometimes I do feel on the wrong side of the Pond.......

Moli
11-02-2007, 11:01 PM
Its scones wih Jam and fresh Cream DM...

Fran
11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Its scones wih Jam and fresh Cream DM...

and a cup of lovely English tea ;)

Fran
11-02-2007, 11:05 PM
May well do that some time PK, but will not be bringing Merlin with me!;)

:shock: No Merlin?? Well you better bring Chancer then, he would appreciate a cream tea :-D

Moli
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
:shock: No Merlin?? Well you better bring Chancer then, he would appreciate a cream tea :-DIf he gets any bigger, he will go pop!:roll: :lol:

Mags
11-02-2007, 11:08 PM
Will someone be kind enough to explain a cream tea to me? Sometimes I do feel on the wrong side of the Pond.......
Here you are Eileen.......
http://www.bbc.co.uk/devon/news_features/images/cream_tea_270.jpg

Fran
11-02-2007, 11:09 PM
If he gets any bigger, he will go pop!:roll: :lol:

Him and Clooney would be in good company then! :roll:

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 11:18 PM
and a cup of lovely English tea ;) Oh, I've been having an English cream tea all along, except at the wrong time of day! I always have tea after dinner (not a coffee drinker) and must have something sweet with it, so when I make scones I have one with cream and jam with my after-dinner tea! The things I've learned here! Thanks!

Moli
11-02-2007, 11:20 PM
I am not a tea drinker, love my coffee....