PDA

View Full Version : It was going so well....

alexgirl73
10-02-2007, 10:02 PM
As I was saying to Fran earlier today, things have been going really well with Teddie and this new food..........until now!!:cry:

I don't know what has gone wrong but for the last few hours she has had bad runs again and I've had to go and change my clothes as I was smelling of kitty poo:? . I'm just stumped as to what has caused it. She hasn't manged to eat anything she shouldn't, she had the same flavour of almo nature yesterday mixed with her white fish as she had today, I didn't put too much in, I used the tree bark powder as I have been for the last week, baffled????

She still seems lively enough, it's just all runny again. I feel like banging my head off of a brick wall:roll: .

Fran
10-02-2007, 10:10 PM
Oh Alex, I so know exactly how you are feeling right now and I am so sorry to hear that this has happened as you seemed so positve about the new diet earlier. Did you order some granules?? or have you got any granules left that you could use to try and bind her back up?? Long term, I really don't know where you can go from here except back to the plain white fish :?

{{{Hugs Alex}} I hope Teddie improves very quickly x

alexgirl73
10-02-2007, 10:13 PM
No I've none of the granules left Fran, will have to order some. When you get your promax paste, do you just go into your vets and order it or does he have to prescribe it? My vet will only prescribe and then I have to pay a precription charge too!! I'd like to get some more of that 'cause it worked so well, but I'm not giving my bloody vet any more money!! I'll put her back on the plain fish for a few days on its own (she's not going to be happy as she is loving these new flavours), and see how things go.

Fran
10-02-2007, 10:23 PM
When you get your promax paste, do you just go into your vets and order it or does he have to prescribe it?

It's not a prescription drug Alex, you can just go into your vets and buy it over the counter without a prescription. It will be most likely cheaper on the internet than from your vet. I have a link somewhere..I'll go and see if I can find it and post it for you

Fran
10-02-2007, 10:28 PM
Here you go Alex, our vets charge about £16 for this so this is quite a good buy. Not sure if there is a delivery charge or not

http://www.vetscriptions.co.uk/mm5/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=1&Product_Code=PROMAX&Category_Code

alexgirl73
10-02-2007, 10:31 PM
That is a good price! Couldn't find anything about a delivery charge, but will try and find enough loose change under the sofa to order it on monday, lol!

dandysmom
10-02-2007, 10:33 PM
Oh Alex, so discouraging....and just when it seemed that you were turning a corner with her.:cry: Back to the fish I guess, and hope the granules will help...(((hugs)))....

tilly
10-02-2007, 10:36 PM
Sorry to hear the Teddie has the runs again. I hope it is just a tiny blip and that she is back on track soon.

Sally

Sweet
11-02-2007, 09:41 AM
You both need a big ((((((hug)))))) I hope Teddie has improved today x

dinahsmum
11-02-2007, 10:21 AM
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_2_100.gif
Oh Teddie! :?
Let's hope it's just a one-off. Back to fish and back to really, really slow introduction of anything else (like the Burns article)
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/12_3_46.gif

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 10:45 AM
love that little man banging his head dm!! well, I've spent the morning cleaning up kitty poo from various rooms where Teddie has leaked!. just had some fish for breakfast, so we'll see how she goes today.

Mags
11-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Poor Teddie :(...... I hope she returns to normal soon Alex....

Fran
11-02-2007, 12:27 PM
Alex - thinking of you and hoping that Teddie has a massive improvement today x

Kazz
11-02-2007, 01:25 PM
How frustrating, although thinking about it positively this is a blip whereas before a "good tummy" was a blip. Everyone one animal and person gets an upset tummy from time to time, so more prone than others. So this is a blip, no more no less and I bet Teddie recover quickers because of the healthy bacteria that are building up in her tummy.

A blip.

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 03:45 PM
Hopefully it is just a blip Kazz, she isn't very happy with me as she isn't being allowed out of the kitchen just now. I left her out while I went to church (by mistake) and came back to find the dining room covered. It's not her fault poor baby, but it's strange how when she has the bad runs she goes and uses the dining room rather than the litter tray!

Moli
11-02-2007, 04:07 PM
Maybe sounds completely way off here Alex, does she drink water straight from the tap?

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 05:30 PM
What are you implying, Moli: is it possible that something in the water (chlorine, flouride?) could be upsetting her tummy? Good point!! Mine drink tap water, my friend gives Kate only bottled spring water. Oh, and does Teddie drink milk, Alex? This may have come up in a previous post, but I don't recall...many cats are lactose-intolerant.

Kazz
11-02-2007, 05:41 PM
Now that is an excellent point milk can make lots of cats poorly- my Cleo for one she just has the runs when she has milk.

Moli
11-02-2007, 06:07 PM
What are you implying, Moli: is it possible that something in the water (chlorine, flouride?) could be upsetting her tummy? Good point!! Mine drink tap water, my friend gives Kate only bottled spring water. Oh, and does Teddie drink milk, Alex? This may have come up in a previous post, but I don't recall...many cats are lactose-intolerant.
One of my cats gets a real loose tum with ordinarytap water, we have a fliter attached and he is ok with water from it, so maybe there is something in the water upsetting Teddies tum....

alexgirl73
11-02-2007, 06:29 PM
Yes she does drink water straight from the tap Moli, I didn't know it could cause problems. I will buy bottle water tomorrow and try her on that (anythings worth a try). She doesn't have milk, not even cat milk, as I know cats cant digest milk properly. I'll let you know how we get on with the water.

Moli
11-02-2007, 06:38 PM
It may not be that Alex, just a thought.....

Fran
11-02-2007, 07:20 PM

Perhaps I should bear this in mind too?? What sort of water do you use Moli?

Mags
11-02-2007, 07:23 PM
That does make sense Moli ....... when we go abroad we are told not to drink the water ........... I suppose it could be a similar thing with a cat's digestion....:?

Moli
11-02-2007, 07:26 PM
Perhaps I should bear this in mind too?? What sort of water do you use Moli?I have a filter attached to my water pipe PK, it just filters the tap water and takes all the additives out....Its much the same as the bottled water you can buy...

Elaine
11-02-2007, 08:19 PM
So sorry to hear Teddies tummy is upset again. xxx

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 09:02 PM
Wouldn't it be marvellous if it were the water upsetting her tummy?! Suppose it's too good to be true, but worth a try...great idea, Moli! I vaguely remember a story in the papers about a municipal water supply here being contaminated with Giardia......

charliebubs
12-02-2007, 02:58 PM
Oh Alex. I've only just caught up with this thread and am so sorry to hear that Teddie has taken a turn for the worst again. How is she today?

I hope that it is something simple like the water - that would be great!

Sending lots of hugs to both of you. Keep us posted.
x

alexgirl73
12-02-2007, 03:09 PM
She had a bad night, but fingers crossed, she hasn't done anything since this morning, so hopefully her stomach will settle a bit now. I got her bottled water, and even cooked her fish this morning in that, and of course she has some down to drink with.

charliebubs
12-02-2007, 03:11 PM
Fingers and paws all crossed here too Alex.

(((()))))
xx

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 05:16 PM
Sending good vibes here, Alex!

Fran
12-02-2007, 07:53 PM
How is she this evening Alex?

alexgirl73
12-02-2007, 08:26 PM
So far she hasn't done anything at all thank goodness, so hopefully her stomach has settled again. She has just had her evening meal so the next few hours should tell. Thanks for all the concern for her (again, lol).

Fran
12-02-2007, 08:40 PM
Fingers crossed Alex x

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 08:53 PM
Crossed here too, Alex! Hope the water and fish has settled her tummy down....

Moli
12-02-2007, 10:21 PM
Fingers, toes and paws crossed here too....