PDA

View Full Version : Pousse meets the vet :biggrin:

Soupie
09-02-2007, 07:24 PM
For the official vet purposes Pousse is called Portia and that was the other name I considered :D Much easier than explaining how to spell her name etc!

Hummed and hawed about even going to the vet as it was snowing heavily and minus 2 degrees outside but the vet I am using is 5 minutes away all by main roads so risked it and left myself extra time. She was an absolute angel travelling - she was in her basket on the front seat facing me and just curled up quietly - and a superstar for the vet.

A bit :shock: when we took her out onto the table but she behaved so well for check up and had her claws trimmed behind and I have had the flu/enteritis vaccs only as they ARE very contagious and can be carried around by humans coming and out. Whole thing only came to £20.15 and the remaining vaccs on 3 weeks will be just under £13 - very reasonable I thought.

Vet says she has very few teeth but what she has are healthy and that generally she is fit and well and not too underweight at all now she has filled out. Discussed her eating and drinking and overall vet reckons I have done okay as it can be risky taking on an older rescue cat.

So all is well in Pousse land - she has spent the time since we got back curled up next to me on the sofa just in case I go somewhere you know :smt049

EmmaG
09-02-2007, 07:26 PM
awww bless her!!! good to hear she got a clean bill of health :)

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Awwwww - what great news Soupie!! She sounds like such a gentle sweetheart!!! :):):)

Glad to hear all is well in Pousse land!!!

BTW - where did the name Pousse come from?

:)

Mags
09-02-2007, 07:29 PM
Aww that's great news Soupie ....... that was quite an ocassion for her I'm sure.

So pleased she came away with a clean bill of health!:-P

Soupie
Awwwww - what great news

BTW - where did the name Pousse come from?

:)

It's a french term of endearment and normally used as "ma petite pousse" = my little flea :D

Fran
Awwww, I am so so pleased :D and btw Portia is a great name ;)

Mags
09-02-2007, 07:35 PM
It's a french term of endearment and normally used as "ma petite pousse" = my little flea :D
That reminds me of my schooldays when I was learning French ...... we had to say "Pomme, Prune, Pousse" over and over again so that we could get the French accent correct! :-D

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM

lol - what a fab name!!!!!!!!!!!!!
:lol: :lol:

Kazz
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Glad it was a good visit. She is an angel in disguise as a Pousse I think :)

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 08:10 PM
great news. glad to hear all is well!

Elaine
09-02-2007, 08:15 PM
Good old Pousse. Glad all went well at the vets, now you can relax a little more and enjoy her company. xxxx

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Pousse (don't know how you spell it) is 'kiss' in Swedish. An award ceremony gets a chant of "pousse pousse pousse", and the person who gives and the person who receives the award (both men usually) do a on-the-lips but not tonsil hockey, kiss.
That's a nice name for a cat!
Glad all is so well

dandysmom
09-02-2007, 10:01 PM
Great news about Pousse! I'm so glad she behaved on the way to and at the vets....mine is a horror about that! And sitting on the sofa with you...she's really relaxing now, isn't she? (((hugs))) to you both! Edited to say: there is a cocktail called Pousse Cafe..... a very elaborate layered drink of liqueurs...I remember grenadine, chartreuse, brandy and a few others, all poured with a steady hand so they don't mix and are in layers.

yola
09-02-2007, 10:13 PM
Great that's she's got the thumbs up from the vet!!

I thought pousse was a corruption of puss, so you live and learn as they say :roll:

Kobster
10-02-2007, 01:51 AM
Glad to hear she is healthy and happy. I love that name too! The only term of endearment I remember from French class is "mon petit chou chou pei" :D

Sweet
10-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Great news x

Soupie
10-02-2007, 12:52 PM
Great that's she's got the thumbs up from the vet!!

I thought pousse was a corruption of puss, so you live and learn as they say :roll:

It's kind of a play on that as well "ma pousse" "my puss" - was being a smart ass :lol: But my parents live in France and I speaK french quite well which is why a fair few cats now have french names ;)