PDA

View Full Version : Healing thoughts for Porsha please..

Fran
08-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Porsha is very unwell, the runs won't stop despite the Promax paste and she has been to the vets this evening. She is a little dehydrated and very sore in her tummy. She has made a real mess of my hand as the vet wanted to take her temperature and she was so uncomfortable :( I have to take a stool sample, put her back on the sensitive diet and she has four different medications to take once I have got the stool sample. The vet agreed with me that she looks 'poorly' and has lost weight and condition. She will have to be admitted to the hospital if she becomes any more dehydrated or goes downhill anymore. Please send some healing vibes her way x

Luke
08-02-2007, 06:43 PM
Poor Porsha she has been through so very much in her short life, i hope she will be okay Fran and that she begins too improve soon:)
Must be a very worrying time for you all.

yola
08-02-2007, 06:47 PM
Oh Fran - you have all the positive thoughts I can muster for your lovely little girl.

Lots of love and hugs {{{}}}

Moli
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
So sorry to hear this PK, Healing vibes sent....Thinking of you and Porsha...."Hugs"....xxx

tilly
08-02-2007, 06:50 PM
I am sending posoitve vibes and an hug your way.

Sally

charliebubs
08-02-2007, 06:52 PM
Oh Fran - I'm so sorry to hear this. I didn't realise she was so poorly.

Lots and lots of love and cuddles coming her way.

Positive thoughts and hugs to you too.

xx

alexgirl73
08-02-2007, 06:54 PM
Fran, with every fiber of my being I am sending positive thoughts Porshas way!! I'm so sorry to hear that she is so bad again. ((hugs)) and remember that we are all here for you in any way we can be xxxx

Fran
08-02-2007, 06:57 PM
Thank you all, I'm a bit tearful tonight tbh. I thought we had turned the corner, I can't believe just how quickly things can change and they go downhill. I am worried as I could see the vet was worried :(

charliebubs
08-02-2007, 06:59 PM
Try and stay positive Fran and, as Alex has said, we are all here for you.

She's in the best hands with you and your family.

:)

EmmaG
08-02-2007, 07:01 PM
So sorry to hear this Fran, I hope Porsha gets better soon.

((((hugs))))

Moli
08-02-2007, 07:08 PM
She has come through a bad time befor PK, sure she will fight this too......We are all here for you...xx

borderdawn
08-02-2007, 07:09 PM
Very sorry to hear this Fran, i thought Porsha was doing really well. Its awful to watch them when they are poorly, I hope she improves, any clues as to what has caused this? Did she scratch your hand? She was probably scared and in pain, Cat scratches o nasty quickly and they are sore, so I hope you feel better soon too.
Dawn.

Kazz
08-02-2007, 07:18 PM
Fran I am so sorry to hear this, I do hope she feels better soon. She is a lovely kitten who deserves the best which is what she has with you...and yours.

Take care Karen

Mags
08-02-2007, 07:20 PM
Oh Fran, I'm so sorry to hear this :( Loads of healing thoughts being sent to Porsha, I hope she improves soon.....

Will be thinking of you and Porsha ((((( hugs))))) xx

Fran
08-02-2007, 07:27 PM
Very sorry to hear this Fran, i thought Porsha was doing really well. Its awful to watch them when they are poorly, I hope she improves, any clues as to what has caused this? Did she scratch your hand? She was probably scared and in pain,

The vet is wondering if it might be a reoccurance of the Giardia. Apparantly, Giardia is hard to cure sometimes and although we seemed to have 'cured' Porsha of it sometimes it can take a hold again. She is hoping that the stool sample will reveal something, if it doesn't then I suppose we are at a loss as to what is wrong with her.

Yes she scratched and bit my hand, she was obviously very uncomfortable whilst having her temperature taken. It wasn't her fault, poor love has had enough bless her

smudgley
08-02-2007, 07:28 PM
Really sad to read this Fran. I hope she is better soon. Hopefully she will pick up once her medication kicks in. Keep us updated & try not to get upset, she will be ok I'm sure. :)

Kazz
08-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Is Gardia an infection that pops back up when she is low or down in her protection/antibodies... I know whatI am trying to ask....something there forever?

Fran
08-02-2007, 07:40 PM
Is Gardia an infection that pops back up when she is low or down in her protection/antibodies... I know whatI am trying to ask....something there forever?

It can be Kazz, it is treatable but can be difficult to eradicate. It might not be a reoccurance of Giardia, I guess we will have to wait on stool sample results.

Elaine
08-02-2007, 07:41 PM
So very sorry to hear this Fran. Poor Porsha xxx Sending out loads of possitive vibes that she gets better very very soon. xxx

Kazz
08-02-2007, 07:46 PM
It can be Kazz, it is treatable but can be difficult to eradicate. It might not be a reoccurance of Giardia, I guess we will have to wait on stool sample results.

Yes thats what I meant like not cured but into remission - I do hope it works out well for you....I will keep my fingers crossed,

Fran
08-02-2007, 08:29 PM
Thank you all for your healing thoughts, vibes and prayers. Porsha is far far too quiet this evening. She is the liveliest, naughtiest cat I have ever owned and to see her so depressed is very worrying and upsetting. I will keep you updated on her progress..

Sweet
08-02-2007, 08:33 PM
Fingers and paws all crossed here.....

Sending healing vibes by the ton and ((((((hugs)))))) to you all. x

Het
08-02-2007, 09:15 PM
aww Fran I hope she gets better soon. We had what sounds like similar problems with our little Siamese Gizmo. Several times in her first few years she was hospitalised on a drip due to severe sickness and 'scoots' She even got to the stage of vomiting blood. She has been well now for a year and a half, she was a fighter and Porsha sounds the same. These Orientals may look a little fine and fragile but they have steel cores and are extremely strong in my experience. I am sure she will beat this!!!

Fran
08-02-2007, 09:22 PM
aww Fran I hope she gets better soon. We had what sounds like similar problems with our little Siamese Gizmo. Several times in her first few years she was hospitalised on a drip due to severe sickness and 'scoots' She even got to the stage of vomiting blood. She has been well now for a year and a half, she was a fighter and Porsha sounds the same. These Orientals may look a little fine and fragile but they have steel cores and are extremely strong in my experience. I am sure she will beat this!!!

Thank you so much Het, I hadn't realised you had had problems of a similar nature with one of your cats too. Luckily for Porsha vomiting has never been an issue, it's just the squits but she is incontinent with them, it's running out of her all the time :( I do think they are stronger than we give them credit for but at the side of moggies they do seem so sickly and fragile :? Your post has given me some hope, so for that I thank you x

Who is that gorgeous looking kitty in your dp? :cool:

Het
08-02-2007, 09:31 PM
Thank you so much Het, I hadn't realised you had had problems of a similar nature with one of your cats too. Luckily for Porsha vomiting has never been an issue, it's just the squits but she is incontinent with them, it's running out of her all the time :( I do think they are stronger than we give them credit for but at the side of moggies they do seem so sickly and fragile :? Your post has given me some hope, so for that I thank you x

Who is that gorgeous looking kitty in your dp? :cool:

With Gizmo the trick seemed to be stopping the vomiting and scoots for long enough to give her system a break, and time to get stronger. A sensitive stomach based diet helped, and she still has that but she also is able to eat oher things without any ill effect. We do have a supply of a chalky type of liquid from the vets to give her if she is under the weather but have'nt had to use it for a long time. What did use to shock me was the speed that she would go downhill, it was scary.

The fella in my avatar is Boo, my Maine Coon kitten. I lost another moggie William back in December due to quite sudden kidney failure. Was looking for another mog but Boo came along....and he is a real star:D

Kim
08-02-2007, 09:35 PM
So sorry to hear this Fran, I really thought she had turned the corner....

Lots of healing vibes, good thoughts, hugs and prayers coming your way. Please give Porsha a gentle ((hug)) from me please.

Fran
08-02-2007, 09:39 PM
What did use to shock me was the speed that she would go downhill, it was scary.

The fella in my avatar is Boo, my Maine Coon kitten. I lost another moggie William back in December due to quite sudden kidney failure. Was looking for another mog but Boo came along....and he is a real star:D

You are right about how quickly they go downhill, it's scary :( but equally they pick up quickly too, it's a real rollercoaster isn't it although I have to say that Porsha has never been as ill as she is at the minute and it is vrey frightening :(

I had heard about William, it must have been such a shock to you and you must miss her greatly :( Boo is a stunner, I have to say that I am rather partial to Maine Coon myself. You lucky thing, he is a stunner! How about posting some good close up shots of him in the piccies section Het ;)

dandysmom
08-02-2007, 09:58 PM
Oh Fran, just found this and I'm so sorry! Poor Porsha, may she start feeling better soon; sending healing vibes and love.....xxxx

Donna
08-02-2007, 10:48 PM
Sorry to hear this Fran - I hope Porsha gets well soon x

sammy
08-02-2007, 10:49 PM
So very sorry to hear about Porsha. Sending healing vibes and have everything crossed for her and you. Chin up (hard, I know).

vicki
08-02-2007, 10:58 PM
Hoping she feels better soon!

Kobster
08-02-2007, 10:59 PM
I'm sorry to hear that Porsha is unwell. I hope that she takes a turn for the better soon.

EmmaG
09-02-2007, 09:25 AM
How is she today Fran??

Fran
09-02-2007, 09:32 AM
How is she today Fran??

Thank you for asking Emma, she's not good. I posted in the daily thread but basically she has had plenty to drink so is less dehydrated but has stopped eating and has got constant diarrhoea running out of her bum. I'm going back to the vets this morning..Will let you know what happens

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 09:50 AM
Thoughts are with you Fran. I can only repeat what I told you before about Katie's oriental. Tests tests and more tests. Totally uncontrollable bottom, two days from pts because everyone was so miserable and it seemed intractible and then - he just got better. Canikur helper bung him up (just like your Promax I guess, but you might think of mentioning it to your vet?) and he picked up and that was that. He's a picture of shining health.
All best wishes to you both - and remember our pets are a little like children when it comes to health .... right down as low as you can be, or bursting with health and vitality. No half measures.

Samz5
09-02-2007, 10:31 AM
Good luck at the vets, hope Porsha is feeling better soon.

Fran
09-02-2007, 10:41 AM
The vet has taken her in to hospitalise her and get her on a drip. They are going to run more tests whilst she is there....The vet will phone me later to let me know how she is. Poor little love is going to be so lonely without me and her little friends :(

Elaine
09-02-2007, 10:47 AM
So sorry Fran, you must be beside yourself with worry, I know I would be. Sending a big hug to you xxx
Have absolutely everything crossed for sweet little Porsha. I sincerely hope they can get this under control and find out whats causing her all this distress.
Lots of love and well wishes to you both xxx

Mags
09-02-2007, 10:51 AM
It is probably a good thing Porsha has been hospitalised Fran, she will be under constant care and they can monitor everything. Hopefully they will be able to come up with something to help her.......

My thoughts are with you and Porsha ....... sending healing vibes to you beautiful baby ....... take care Fran (((((hugs))))) xxx

Donna
09-02-2007, 10:58 AM
Glad the vets are giving her lots of TLC - hope they can sort this out for you x

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 11:11 AM
So sorry to hear she has had to be hospitalised Fran, but at least you know she'll be having the best of care! I'll be saying a few more prayers for her and you. ((hugs))

whiskey
09-02-2007, 11:14 AM
i am very sorry to here about poor little porsha:cry: i really do hope she feels better very soon and im sure your vets will take very good care of her sending big ((HUGS)) yours and porsha`s way:)

Kazz
09-02-2007, 11:43 AM
Sorry I had not seen this before I posted on daily thread. I hope all goes well Fran she will hpoefully pick up quickly youngsters do don't they.....Take care and all the best Karen

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 11:59 AM
She is in good hands Fran and at least they can monitor her and give her whatever she needs. Just think how happy she'l be to see you when you go to collect her! :)

Lots more love and hugs your way.
Keep us posted.
xx

borderdawn
09-02-2007, 12:08 PM
Poor little mite, but shes in the best place getting the best care.
Dawn.

Kazz
09-02-2007, 12:12 PM
Her breeder should be ashamed of herself. Poor little Porsha.

yola
09-02-2007, 12:16 PM
Poor little babe :( Fran, it sounds like you have an excellent vet and I'm sure they will be doing all in their power to find out what is at the bottom of Porsha's illness. I wish you all lots of love and strength as you must be worried sick by this.

Fran
09-02-2007, 12:32 PM
Thank you all for your kind words and thoughts. I am worried sick although I hold my vets in very high regard and know that she is definitely in the very best place possible right now. I really hope she turns the corner quickly so that she can come back home to me and her little playmates. I would appreciate continuing prayers and healing thoughts for her, she really does need them and doesn't deserve all she has been through in her very short life :(

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 12:34 PM
She hasn't been far from my thoughts at all today Fran. How are you bearing up?

Fran
09-02-2007, 12:42 PM
She hasn't been far from my thoughts at all today Fran. How are you bearing up?

Thanks Alex, it's wierd here without her. I'm trying to rationalize that she is in the best place whilst wishing I could just go and fetch her home

smudgley
09-02-2007, 12:46 PM
Sorry to hear she has had to stay in at the vets, however she will be getting essential fluids to rehydrate her & any other medication she needs, plus constant monitoring.
Hope they can stop the diarrhoea

{{{{hugs}}}}

tilly
09-02-2007, 01:53 PM
Soory to hear that she has been admitted to the vets. Hope she get better and comes home soon.

(((HUGS)))

Sally

Soupie
09-02-2007, 01:59 PM
Sending lots of :goodvibes: and hope she improves soon

Moli
09-02-2007, 02:09 PM
She is in the best place PK,I know its awful when they are ill, and am with you in thought today.....Hugs...xxxx

Moli
09-02-2007, 02:09 PM
She is in the best place PK,I know its awful when they are ill, and am with you in thought today.....Hugs...xxxx

Fran
09-02-2007, 02:11 PM
Thank you...trouble is I feel that I have failed her. Even as a tiny kitten when she was so very ill, I managed to nurse her here at home ovbiously with lots of support and meds from the vets but I managed to keep her at home. I can't believe she has had to go into the hospital. I feel at such a loose end :(

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 02:15 PM
You haven't failed her at all Fran. You have absolutely done the right thing. If she is dehydrated then being in the vets and on fluids is the best thing for her; you can't do that at home unfortunately.

I'm sure that it's just what she needs to pick her up again and get her back on her feet. She'll be so pleased to see you when you go and collect her!! :)

We all know how much you love her and how hard this is.

Lots of love and positive thoughts coming your way.
C
xx

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 02:16 PM
You haven't failed her in anyway Fran!! You have done everything possible for that little kit. I know how you feel as I have gone through all those emotions with Teddie too, but there is nothing more you could have done. I pray that the vets will be able to find out what is going on with her, xx

Luke
09-02-2007, 02:18 PM
Fran, don't be silly! You haven't failed her, her breeder is the one to have seemingly failed her in one way or another, you've just done a damn good job of picking up the pieces!
I hope that she is feeling a bit better soon, its such a horrid time for you all:(

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 02:31 PM
Don't beat yourself up Fran.
She's ill at present and is therefore in the right place. She'll appreciate you, and home comforts, when she gets back

Kazz
09-02-2007, 02:49 PM
Fran you are a weird one, :) she is in the best place no one could or would have tried harder and she knows you love her - she is in the best place. You know she is its just the worry that is getting to you like you've lost part of you with her not there with you.

Take care and try to relax. Karen

Donna
09-02-2007, 03:10 PM
Try not to worry Fran - she knows you love her and will be as pleased to see you as you will be to see her when you get her home x

Moli
09-02-2007, 03:24 PM
Pk, do not beat yourself up, Porsha could not wish for a better owner, she is in the best plac, You are sure to be feeling lost, and thinking all kinds of things..She is a siamese they are tough little cats.......Hopfully the meds will start working and she will be on the road to recovery.....Hugs...xxx

dandysmom
09-02-2007, 05:43 PM
Fran. I know this is rough for you, but you did the right thing for her, and hopefully she'll on the road to recovery and back home soon! Siamese are tough little fighters! Don't, please, blame yourself' she couldn't have a more loving, caring mum...(((hugs))) xxx

Kazz
09-02-2007, 05:57 PM
Any news Fran???

Fran
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Not yet Kazz, I am waiting for the vet to phone, I would imagine that it will be after surgery at around 6ish-6.30ish. Will let you know as soon as I hear anything...

Kay
09-02-2007, 06:09 PM
Only just come on. I am so sorry to hear about Porscha. I know how worried you must be as I was the same with my Toby. You have done absolutely everything you could for her and that includes letting the vets have her at the moment, you have definitely not failed her in any way. I am thinking of you and Porscha and with all the good vibes being sent from here I am sure it will help.

Love Kay.

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:34 PM
Have just heard from the vets, Porsha is settled. Her in-House blood work has come back ok although they are sending some further tests away to be tested. She is on a drip and by all acoounts I may not get her back as all the nursing staff have fallen in love with her and want to kidnap her :shock:

Will get a further up date tomorrow...

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 07:38 PM
Sounds like she's getting lots of love and cuddles from the staff there then, which is great. Not as good as being at home, but not too far off.

At least she is settled too and comfy for the night, and her bloods have been clear so far.

Keep your chin up Fran. She will be fine and home with you in no time.

I was wondering earlier, do you think it could be a form of IBS? I know that Siamese/Orientals are quite highly strung and can have problems like that.

more hugs to you and Porsha.
xxx

Mags
09-02-2007, 07:39 PM
It's good to hear she has settled in there, should make you a bit easier knowing that she isn't stressed.

Pleased to hear the bloods are ok.... fingers crossed all the other test resultsd are ok too...

You tell those nursing staff that they will have to get at the end of the queue .... Porsha has a fan club here! ;):lol:

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:40 PM
I was wondering earlier, do you think it could be a form of IBS? I know that Siamese/Orientals are quite highly strung and can have problems like that.

more hugs to you and Porsha.
xxx

She is a very highly strung cat and the vet did say that once they have stabilized her they may consider doing some bowel biopsy's which possibly may show up any problems of this nature?

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 07:41 PM
She is a very highly strung cat and the vet did say that once they have stabilized her they may consider doing some bowel biopsy's which possibly may show up any problems of this nature?

That's good news then. Even if they can just eliminate it as a problem.

I'm sure they will get to the bottom of it Fran.

Chin up.
xxxxxxxxx

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:43 PM
The problem is that she struggled to come round from the last anaesthetic she had so they are quite reluctant to just 'put her under' to do the more invasive tests. But obviously they will do what they think is necessary and if she has to go under anaesthetic then so be it although I will be worried sick. I have asked them to spey her if she does have to go under to avoid her having to go under again.

Kazz
09-02-2007, 07:44 PM
You'll get her back they tried to keep Cleo last year after her Op but I got her back - no one ever wanted to keep Oz he was just to "much" I am pleased she is doing well and stable.

Sounds promising Karen

charliebubs
09-02-2007, 07:45 PM
Can't they look at the bowel by way of x-ray while she's awake, or just a bit sedated, instead of doing the whole biopsy?

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:49 PM
Can't they look at the bowel by way of x-ray while she's awake, or just a bit sedated, instead of doing the whole biopsy?

She did say they could do ultrasound and I think that will be the first line of attack before they consider more invasive tests. She doesn't want to do anything this weekend but just stabilise her, she said we can make decisions after the weekend as to what we might want to do regarding more invasive tests...

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:53 PM
You'll get her back they tried to keep Cleo last year after her Op but I got her back - no one ever wanted to keep Oz he was just to "much" I am pleased she is doing well and stable.

Sounds promising Karen

:lol: Yes, well when she is back to full health they will be begging me to pick her up as they will have ear ache from all her 'talking' :roll:

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 07:54 PM
Glad to hear that she's stable and settled Fran! On one hand you're glad the blood works are clear, but on the other wishing they had shown something which they could have treated. Will keep up the prayers for her over the weekend. ((hugs)) xx

Fran
09-02-2007, 07:58 PM
Glad to hear that she's stable and settled Fran! On one hand you're glad the blood works are clear, but on the other wishing they had shown something which they could have treated. Will keep up the prayers for her over the weekend. ((hugs)) xx

Thanks Alex, hopefully the stool samples will be more forthcoming with answers? The main reason she has gone into the hospital is to be stabilised and hydrated, I would like answers but as she had had boats loads of tests before I'm not holding any hope out unless we decide to do the more invasive type of tests..

tilly
09-02-2007, 08:09 PM
Glad she is getting lots of love hope she gets better soon. I will be thinking of you.

Sally

borderdawn
09-02-2007, 08:13 PM
Bless her, she's in the right place Fran, sounds like your Vet is really good and thorough.
Dawn.

Elaine
09-02-2007, 08:22 PM
Glad to hear she is stable Fran. Everything crossed for you both xxx

Donna
09-02-2007, 08:24 PM
Lots more vibes for Porsha. She is in the best possible care x

dinahsmum
09-02-2007, 08:45 PM
I was wondering earlier, do you think it could be a form of IBS? I know that Siamese/Orientals are quite highly strung and can have problems like that.:)
I wonder if a Feliway might help her? Wouldn't do any harm? Maybe look at Alex's Chicken & Pumpkin Almo food too. Mags found a reference to pumpkin being good for runny bottoms.
Continuing good wishes. x

dandysmom
09-02-2007, 08:48 PM
Glad to hear that she's stabilized ! Going to be a long weekend for you, but you know the prayers and good vibes will keep coming from here...more (((hugs))) ......

Fran
09-02-2007, 08:54 PM
I wonder if a Feliway might help her? Wouldn't do any harm?

Yes, I have thought about getting a Feliway plug in, I advise it for everyone else yet haven't got one myself :roll:

alexgirl73
09-02-2007, 09:38 PM
I looked at getting a feliway for Teddie, but they are just so expensive!!