PDA

View Full Version : female cats

dreams
07-02-2007, 05:58 PM
Hello everyone,
had a trip to vets today with one of our cats as she has a water infection.
The vet told me female cats get water infections often s female cats get stressed out and male cats get water infections oten cos of dryed food.
I just thought i would share this information so ppl can be on look out for water infections as sometimes it can go un noticed :)
Take care
xx

Mags
07-02-2007, 06:36 PM
Thank you for that information Dreams :D .......... I hope your cat recovers soon...... please keep us posted how she is.:)

Fran
07-02-2007, 06:41 PM
Hope your cat starts to feel better very soon Dreams

dreams
07-02-2007, 06:48 PM
Hi, thank you both.
Pepsi had a antibiotic injection that stays in her system for 14 days.
She is alot happier and so am i, no tablets to give as she isn't very good with tablets.
I will keep you up to date tho.
i must say tho, it never stopped her eating!!!!

dandysmom
07-02-2007, 11:25 PM
Hope Pepsi continues to do well! ((hugs))) to her!

dreams
07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
Hope Pepsi continues to do well! ((hugs))) to her!

Thank you, i have given her your hug.
She just went back to sleep!
She has eaten her dinner and is alot calmer than last night.
Take care xx

dandysmom
07-02-2007, 11:37 PM
Thank you, i have given her your hug.
She just went back to sleep!
She has eaten her dinner and is alot calmer than last night.
Take care xx Good news! I know what you mean about pilling a cat...I find it almost impossible........:roll: Wish my vet had used such an antibiotic when Leia had cystitis..

dreams
08-02-2007, 12:02 AM
Good news! I know what you mean about pilling a cat...I find it almost impossible........:roll: Wish my vet had used such an antibiotic when Leia had cystitis..

I think it has only come out, im not sure.
the reason why pepsi is so scared is a lil kitten the ppl who had her b4 us were really nasty to her.
The kids try to kill her.
if we hadn't of taken she would be dead by now.
she is only 4 and a half but it has taken us this long to calm her down from running round the house, climbing the curtains, attacking us.

dandysmom
08-02-2007, 12:40 AM
Poor little girl;being abused as a kitten can affect therm for a long long time...how can people be so cruel? Next time you're at the vets, please ask the name of that antibiotic, I'd like to ask my vet if it's available here...as I said, I have great difficulty pilling or using oral antibiotics ( my cat's won't power is much greater than my will power) ..... :roll:

dreams
08-02-2007, 02:55 PM
Poor little girl;being abused as a kitten can affect therm for a long long time...how can people be so cruel? Next time you're at the vets, please ask the name of that antibiotic, I'd like to ask my vet if it's available here...as I said, I have great difficulty pilling or using oral antibiotics ( my cat's won't power is much greater than my will power) ..... :roll:

Im at the vets in 2 weeks getting the dogs Jabs done so i will ask for you and let you know xxx

dandysmom
08-02-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks! I'd really appreciate that!

dreams
08-02-2007, 05:40 PM
Thanks! I'd really appreciate that!

Thats ok xxx

dreams
11-02-2007, 06:38 PM
Hi guys
Just to update you on pepsi, she is a lot happier and back to her usual self so hopefully no more trips to the vets.

Mags
11-02-2007, 06:50 PM
Pleased to hear Pepsi is back to her usual self! :D

dreams
11-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Pleased to hear Pepsi is back to her usual self! :D

Thank you so much xx

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 10:22 PM
Good news, glad she's better!

dreams
11-02-2007, 10:23 PM
Good news, glad she's better!

Thank you xx

Fran
11-02-2007, 10:23 PM
I'm so pleased to hear this :D

dreams
11-02-2007, 10:24 PM
I'm so pleased to hear this :D

Thank you xx

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 10:44 PM
Thank you xx We do worry so when they're sick! I've been so lucky that all of my cats were robustly healthy so when Leia got cystitis I was a nervous wreck...especially with her violent resistance to pilling! But she's fine now, no recurrence.

dreams
11-02-2007, 10:48 PM
We do worry so when they're sick! I've been so lucky that all of my cats were robustly healthy so when Leia got cystitis I was a nervous wreck...especially with her violent resistance to pilling! But she's fine now, no recurrence.

I know what you mean by worry we were worried sick it was worse than what it was because of her bad start in life and this is only the second time she has been to the vets (1st to be spayed).
I am so pleased Leia hasn't had a recurrence.
The antibiotic injection is good and i hope your vets have it, if not they should get it in as not all cats like taking tablets.

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 10:54 PM
Not liking it is putting it very mildly! She turned into a whirling dervish, all muscles and squirms and when I finally got it in her she spat it out....:roll: this was only her second vet trip also; spayed at 5 months & not back since...she'll be 7 in March. And to make it worse, the latch on her carrier apparently wasn't in tight and when we got to the vets she forced the door open and ran around the reception area (full of dogs!!!) trying to escape....not a day I'd ever want to relive!! At least Pepsi didn't do that to you...

dreams
11-02-2007, 11:03 PM
Not liking it is putting it very mildly! She turned into a whirling dervish, all muscles and squirms and when I finally got it in her she spat it out....:roll: this was only her second vet trip also; spayed at 5 months & not back since...she'll be 7 in March. And to make it worse, the latch on her carrier apparently wasn't in tight and when we got to the vets she forced the door open and ran around the reception area (full of dogs!!!) trying to escape....not a day I'd ever want to relive!! At least Pepsi didn't do that to you...

Bless her, i think i would wanted the ground to open and swallow me.
Pepsi bites, scratches and screams when you try to pill her.
pepsi is a naughty tortie though and acted like the butter wouldn't melt in her mouth at the vets after i said to them becareful she dont like being picked up or stroked!!!
I had to eat my words that day!!!
Pepsi doesn't like our 2 littl shih-tzu's but she did love our border collie Rio.
Sadly Rio died 3 months after getting pepsi and she hates dogs now.
Pepsi was spayed at year old as she was so tiny they didn't think she would pull through so they waited til she was strong enough.
Leia likes to keep you on your toes dont she? :)
She sounds like a lovely cat.

dandysmom
11-02-2007, 11:31 PM
Oh, cats are great at that, aren't they? As soon as you say "Oh, she never does that", they'll promptly do it, and vice versa! Leia is generally a sweet-natured, affectionate laid back cat and no problem..except when she needs medication! Will PM you a pic of her. I love torties, my Patches was a brindled tortie; she passed away last year in her sleep at home ...she was 20... miss her very much. Give Pepsi a hug from me! xx

dreams
11-02-2007, 11:34 PM
Oh, cats are great at that, aren't they? As soon as you say "Oh, she never does that", they'll promptly do it, and vice versa! Leia is generally a sweet-natured, affectionate laid back cat and no problem..except when she needs medication! Will PM you a pic of her. I love torties, my Patches was a brindled tortie; she passed away last year in her sleep at home ...she was 20... miss her very much. Give Pepsi a hug from me! xx

20 is a brilliant age for a cat, you must of looked after her brilliantly.
I will.
Cant wait to see the pic
xx

dandysmom
12-02-2007, 12:00 AM
My Misty, a blue torbie just like Leia, was 19 1/5 when she left me; like Patches she just went to sleep one night in my bedroom and never woke again. A shock when they go like that , but at least they were home and not in pain or having to be put down at the vets. Sorry to sound morbid; they're still missed. With the 5 hour time difference you won't get the pic till tomorrow' I'm about to head to the kitchen to start dinner but will send afterwards. Have a nice night xxx

dreams
12-02-2007, 12:02 AM
My Misty, a blue torbie just like Leia, was 19 1/5 when she left me; like Patches she just went to sleep one night in my bedroom and never woke again. A shock when they go like that , but at least they were home and not in pain or having to be put down at the vets. Sorry to sound morbid; they're still missed. With the 5 hour time difference you won't get the pic till tomorrow' I'm about to head to the kitchen to start dinner but will send afterwards. Have a nice night xxx

Its not morbid its nice to talk about your pets whether they here or not.
Enjoy your dinner and take care xxxxx