PDA

View Full Version : Static shocks

dinahsmum
07-02-2007, 03:12 PM
Oh dear - Bentley and I strike sparks off each other :? . I used to have problems giving Tizzie little static shocks every time we cuddled. I've just let Bentley in from outside and he was so pleased to be in from the cold I got a good fuss made of me, lots of rubbing and preening .... then it happened
http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/4/4_11_7.gif
Will I have to wear all natural clothing, or trail a little chain off my waist to earth it?
Any top tips? I don't think there are any :roll:

Fran
07-02-2007, 03:18 PM
It's quite bizarre how some animals do it and not others :? I never get shocks from my dogs or cats but one of the horses I used to have gave me terrible shocks yet I never get a shock from Bootsy :smt017 I can't think of any suggestions really. We used to rinse all of our horse's blankets/rugs in fabric conditioner which helped but is obviously no help at all to you where Bently is concerned :roll:

Mags
07-02-2007, 03:27 PM
. We used to rinse all of our horse's blankets/rugs in fabric conditioner which helped but is obviously no help at all to you where Bently is concerned :roll:
Maybe some fabric conditioner in your bath water DM? :-D

dinahsmum
07-02-2007, 03:32 PM
:-D
and I don't think the boy would appreciate being shampooed and treated with hair conditioner :?

They're doing battle with their sardines now, so peace is restored. Don't think raw fish is going to be their favourite though - they'll be happy to leave the sushi to the Japanese cats

Kazz
07-02-2007, 07:03 PM
Hi DM I have no answers - Ocar I used to have the same problem but not always - or in a senario where I could avoid or work around it, it happened everywhere then would go weeks months with nothing- odd but we lived with it.

Never get them off Cleo or the girls.

Good luck. Karen

Jac
07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
Just squirt him with water. Hehe I'm sick eh???

Elaine
07-02-2007, 08:23 PM
Just dont get any nylon sheets LOL

dandysmom
07-02-2007, 09:05 PM
My old furnace doesn't have a humidifier, so all my life I've gotten shocks from the cats...have to be careful brushing Leia every night, as we both hate the shocks. Unless you want to invest in a humidifier I have no suggestions,,,,,,,,